Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You played vanilla if you were bloodly slaughtered at Tarren Mill by overleveled Alliance players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I know almost all of these, and I started playing at the end of TBC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not all of these are strictly Vanilla, either. Hunter ammo / Warlock soulshards were removed with Cata launch. You can still get Benediction today. etc. etc.
    even in icc engineers were making saronite arrows for hunters..

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 01:04 AM ----------

In fact I didn't start playing till wotlk and I remember doing alot of this stuff, like levelling weapon skills and such..

When I got yelled at VERY early MC for using Barman Shanker since it took a precious debuff slot
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    You can still get Benediction today. etc. etc.
    The Benediction quest was actually removed in the Cata old world revamp.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Vanilla was when as a Hunter, pets were all different in their run speeds, attack speeds and damage output. They also had to be fed regularly to gain their full loyalty after being tamed. They would actually run away if you didn't do it and you wouldn't have a pet any more. Even when they had gained full loyalty, they had to be fed to keep their damage output at the max. I actually miss the loyalty structure and wish they wouldn't have removed it. There is no reason to ever feed a pet nowadays. The only reason I initially took up fishing was to catch food for my pets. The whole pet structure was more realistic back then. Especially if you were the only true Hunter spec (imho) Beast Master.

I do NOT miss the pet leveling you had to do if you tamed something well beneath your own level.
    The same beast master spec that was broken for years due to the pets being incapable of taking any serious damage? I remember pets being unviable on TBC bosses till Blizzard patched in a damage reduction on aoe/cleave mechanics.

The food was ok but it reminds me of the virtual pets craze from the 90s. It didn't really add much to the game although the loyalty system was nice.

I remember using arcane shot to pull for tanks in MC as it did so little damage an auto attack or two would clear the threat.

Also kiting the last boss in UBRS(Drakk?) whilst the raid finished off his guards and then sometimes he would weirdly bugged and clip through the floor horribly on his way back.

ZG runs where every group had to have a Shaman or they missed a massive pool of buffs

Queues at least 5 hunters long to get the leaf in MC

The supression room in BWL being considered hard by your guild until they realised it really wasn't

All groups having a rogue with improved sap because no one else could be relied upon to CC. If it failed everyone hung back while the rogue died.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2012-10-02 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    Technically, it's always been a 5-man dungeon; it was just possible to do it with 10-man raid. In fact, that was true of all dungeons, up until patch... I wanna say 1.10. Of course, on that note...

You played vanilla if you know you used to be able to 40-man any instance... And that said raids STILL wiped in Stratholme.

ALOT of these did not come from Vanilla

But lol at soulshards pre-cata. Almost forgot about that!

You played vanilla if you spent more than 3 hours in an AV

You played vanilla if:

- you partisipated in the most awesome event in wow, the opening of AQ where server crashed because of too many horde and alliance and mobs at the same place
    - if you remember how OP warlocks were in pvp
    - you remember when epics were really rare
    - no flying mounts <3
    - crossroads and soutshore battles
    - you constantly tried to get to dun morogh air field
    - you had to read your quests and work really hard to locate and complete some of them

... if you were a warrior and had to farm level 30-40 mobs for a level 30 blue axe quest (Whirlwind Axe).

Stonescale Eels paid for my Epic Riding Skill/Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Stonescale Eels paid for my Epic Riding Skill/Mount.
    Ahh, Stonescale Eels. They paid for so much for me, too.

While I remember Vanilla with rose colored glasses, I really do appreciate all of the quality of life improvements made to the game over time. I don't have hours to spend in an instance anymore. I don't need to wait a month for my turn at gear. Surprisingly, I find myself getting a little annoyed when I go a week without an upgrade. I guess when you've had grapes, cabbage isn't as tasty. With that said, I remember running Naxx and feeling a little ashamed at having to gain world buffs just to down bosses. We would run Onyxia and then BWL to get their buffs. Later, we would also kill the Emerald Dream dragons to get some pocket change to pay for repairs.

In WOTLK, I laughed at how easy Loatheb was. We used to require an addon that our heal lead would configure to let us know when to use our healing. If I remember correctly, there was even a spreadsheet that could help calculate when you needed to use your health potions, group healing, bandages and healthstones. Can't forget those Whipper Root Tubers.

You played vanilla wow if you tanked instances with arms and MS
    you played vanilla wow if you ran SM armoury and cath 1000 times just to farm everything to sell for your epic riding skill

... if you died collecting Blood of Heroes

10+ Year Old Account
    When you see my Old School Ride FoS.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    ... if you died collecting Blood of Heroes
    Haha oh man.

"what's this--OHGODOHGODRUN...shit"

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    "LFG 45 Baron"

"ffs ganked by scarlet courier"

Waiting outside the actual Battleground Instances to queue up. Man, so many people at Silverwing Hold. It feels strange riding up there now and it just being dead.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-10-02 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    when VC was short for Dead Mines.
    VC for Dead Mines came WAY later, just fyi. And a lot of servers (like mine, for example) weren't even using VC until late BC/early Wrath period. DM was Dead Mines, and DMW/E/N was for Dire Maul. Seems pretty simple, instead of arbitrarily naming an instance based on the initials of the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Solia
    You know you played Vanilla if you feel like Southshore is the most emptiest place on Earth nowaday.
    Considering A)It's not on Earth and B)The Alliance no longer owns it, nor is the zone even relevant anymore, you're right.

I think the single best one has to be the gold lol. Getting the obscene amounts for your epic mount was an achievement in itself. Outside of getting massive guild help for my epic mount, I don't think I ever saw more than 1k in the entirety of Vanilla. BC was a different story, we were ALL suddenly rolling in gold!

You're a Vanilla player if you cried when you replaced your T2/T3 raiding epics with BC greens before you even hit 61 >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    when you had thottbot.com as your quest helper
    haha, I totally forgot about thottbot, nice and simple layout with no ads (in the beginning anyways), it was great.

Killed almost everything in vanilla, if was great at the time but the only thing memorable (positive anyways, tons of grindy negaitves) was after months and months spending every single copper piece I'd save for a looong ass time and getting on that badass dreadsteed for the first time.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?