View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. This poll is closed
  • 0 people will have canceled

316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

158 13.97%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBrony View Post
    I only said less than 500,000 subs will be canceled instead of 0 is because there's bound to be the few people who quit for stupid reasons like hating pandas or pokemon. I mean, if you hate pandas don't play one, if you hate pokemon don't do it, I mean, it's stupid but people do it.
    Those aren't stupid reasons at all if you look at it from an opportunity cost perspective. Blizzard devoted a large portion of subscription fees into developing those aspects of the game, instead of updated models or character housing or a million other things they could channel their labor/dollars into. If people hate what their money is being spent on it's a perfectly good reason to quit the game or not purchase the xpac at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Zero idea, for 5.0 I'd say it end with more than 3m leaving, but what about 5.1 and 5.2?
    What I wish? They get back to wrath days
    What I see? "toilet flush sound", they didn't even upgrade the character you look at every second of day model
    In my opinion there is no need to update the character models. They have been fine since the beginning and are perfectly fine now with the additions of the higher resolution gear models that were done a while ago.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We know that there are AP subscribers in the "hater" category that will leave come November.

But I think they should be less than 500k. And if Blizz keeps up the 5.0 quality all the way through MoP, we may see a gain overall.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This thread is bad and you should feel bad. I voted for your poll is biased and it'll probably gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    This thread is bad and you should feel bad. I voted for your poll is biased and it'll probably gain.
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=6147208

I feel bad a brand new expansion brought back less than a million subs. Most of those will leave again taking others with them.

Personally I think MoP will have the biggest (either numbers-wise or percentage-wise) increase in subs out of all the expansions. So any subs that cancel by the end, would still not outweigh the new subs, thus making it a negative answer to this poll.

Since there is no negative option, I went with 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=6147208

I feel bad a brand new expansion brought back less than a million subs. Most of those will leave again taking others with them.
    First quarter in action burning crusade brought in 600K new subs, wrath 1.2 million, cata lost 100K, which would make MoP WoW's second most successful expansion in terms of initial subscriber gains. And it was only live for 5 days during that quarter. Time will tell what Mists net effect will be on WoW's subscriber numbers, but for now it is a resurgence.

10+ Year Old Account
    With subs at 10 million AND CLIMBING, without China, I think the Poll should have a "MOP will shatter previous sub record" option.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    This is the same person who cried his eyes out about there not being an end boss to the expansion. Whatd you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    This is the same person who cried his eyes out about there not being an end boss to the expansion. Whatd you expect?
    Who cried?

The only people crying are those that thought pandaland would be the resurgence of wow only to see it bring back less than 1 million subs. So much for this being the "best expansion" as some how started threads about.

I think these discussions are getting old.
    To me it doesn't matter if WoW would drop 3M subs.
    As long as I enjoy the game I'll play it. Others don't? Why should I care.
    It's not like I'll quit cause others do!

I feel like wow will continue its decline for the next few years. Not because of any fault of wow, because of competition in the landscape. Not just the MMO landscape, the gaming landscape as a whole. PC gaming when wow came out in 2004 was in trouble. Piracy ran the gaming scene, only few titles were really doing well, and there was a big push towards consoles because they were so much more profitable. I remember when WoW originally came out I was coming to it from other MMO's and I had absolutely no desire to play any single player games there just wasn't any good ones. Yeah I was playing CS and WC3 like everyone else but lets face it, outside of valve/blizzard there wasn't much going on with PC gaming.

These days its the opposite. There are more good PC games then I can count. I mean, just before MoP was released Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 came out. Both games I need to play, but are on the backburner for the first couple months of mop. I have a backlog of steam games a mile long that I haven't played yet. When I cancel wow, that's when these games get serious play time.

Also the MMO market has picked up much since that era. People here on mmo-champ are for the most part pretty serious blizzard fans and don't like to admit it, but the fact is there are some great wow alternatives out there right now. Rift doesn't get any respect here but I know more people playing Rift then WoW, all of them were at one point or another WoW players, most haven't touched it since BC or Wrath. GW2 is not direct competition for wow but can fill the mmo void without having to worry about a sub fee or feeling that "pull" to play because you're paying for it.

I just think there's more options now, and as those options continue to increase, wow subs will decrease. Not because Blizzard is doing anything wrong or because the game sucks, its just a matter of people having limited free time and having to choose what they do with it. Let me put it this way, if Home Depot opens up in a town with no hardware shops in 2004 its going to do great. If in 2007 Lowes moves in, 2009 Rona moves in, 2012 Home Hardware moves in and the population of that town doesn't increase by 4x, there is no way Home Depot will still be doing the same level of business they did in 2004. Impossible, and its not their fault. I believe the number of great games and solid MMO's is increasing at a faster rate then the amount of gamers being added to the scene. This means a decline in wow, and its nobodies fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Let me introduce some of you to the most basic, first year of college PLC curve:

WoW has long since peaked and is in a decline, contrary to popular belief this has nothing to really do with quality, infact most products tend to improve as the manufacturer/developer makes tweaks to their creation. Chances are that Iphone 7-9 will be better than early Iphones in terms of speed, features etc but chances are also that Apple will lose ground eventually in the mobile market, that is natural.

Players have always quit WoW, even in classic, but they were replaced by even more new players coming in, thus you saw immense growth year-by-year. That is no longer the case, the game obviously is losing players but the main issue is that those players arent being replaced 1:1 by new players. The game is too old, been tried by most people who either fell in love with it or thought it was the biggest POS ever. There arent many people out there in 2012 who dont know what WoW is or whether they like it or not.

No the game wont die any time soon, no game killed WoW, so all you overzealous fanatics of WoW do not have to defend the game, it will be around for many many years to come. But it has seen its prime long ago, and is in decline, if you can accept that then your jimmies wont get rustled when you see a topic like this or any "negative" topic that you perceive as "OMG TROLLING OUR WOWZERZ!"
    But the thing is they could help themselves and make it more convenient but they didnt! At the very least you should have the same option for dailies that you do in dungeon finder. You can do all of em on one day or piece meal whenever your schedule suits. I know the drawbacks don't worry but as the blues themselves said "Every system has draw backs"
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.