Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Recommended Major glyphs (Frost)

What would be the best glyphs to have?

I currently am using Glyph of Water Elemental along with Glyph of Ice Lance, and Glyph of Blink, but the only one of the three that seems almost mandatory is Glyph of Water Elemental. Glyph of Fire Blast seems like it may be good for an instant explosion on Frost Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobicpanda View Post
    What would be the best glyphs to have?

I currently am using Glyph of Water Elemental along with Glyph of Ice Lance, and Glyph of Blink, but the only one of the three that seems almost mandatory is Glyph of Water Elemental. Glyph of Fire Blast seems like it may be good for an instant explosion on Frost Bomb.
    I can't use any spec currently without Glyph of Fire Blast. The burst AOE is awesome (when it's needed). Also, I use Glyph of Evocation to save the healer some mana. I'm currently undecided on a third glyph.

Deleted
    At the moment, I'm personally using Evocation, Cone of Cold (SO good in AoE situations with pet nova/personal nova) and Water Elemental. Cone of Cold > Fire Blast as it adds to our AoE arsenal rather than just making it slightly more bursty (which CoC does anyway).

Fire Blast's interaction with Frost Bomb seems sort of pointless so I'm CoC/Water Elemental/Ice Lance for the moment, will probably swap CoC for Evocate in raids unless I end up using a lot of Incanter's Ward.

I use Living bomb so the Fire blast glyph makes it painless. Free cleave from Ice Lance seems like a no-brainer. The last glyph is a tossup between CoC, WE & Evocation. CoC is probably best for heroics, but raiding may be different.

I'm IL, WE, Evocate
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    ice lance, i swap around W/E and CoC , evocation , with my rop i can stand in most boss AoE crap and just pop my ice barrier if feeling iffy

Deleted
    Like Gamdwelf, i'm using IL/WE/Evocate.

I still feel that too much glyph are mandatory (and the water elemental are too big).
    When raiding will be here and the IV haste's cap will be near, what glyph option will remains ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Like Gamdwelf, i'm using IL/WE/Evocate.

I still feel that too much glyph are mandatory (and the water elemental are too big).
    When raiding will be here and the IV haste's cap will be near, what glyph option will remains ?
    For raiding, IV / WE or IL / EV most likely. WE/IL would be encounter specific (cleave etc).

Deleted
    Actually, the WE's survivability isn't good enough for skipping the Glyph.
    Skipping IL can only be done on fight with only 1 boss at time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Actually, the WE's survivability isn't good enough for skipping the Glyph.
    Skipping IL can only be done on fight with only 1 boss at time.
    Adding 40% health and allowing casting on the move will be an increase on any movement heavy fight.

I LOVE the icy veins glyph. Instead of 20% cast speed reduction, it makes ur spells hit 3 times for 40%. So i think its an overall damage increase. It also helps with the haste cap. Its pointless to have icy veins if ur at the 1 second cast on Frostbolt when heroism is up. Being a frost mage i stack haste and troll has berserking. Icy veins glyph basically makes Icy Veins useful, without it I be wasting haste or cooldowns during heroism or berserking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztum View Post
    I LOVE the icy veins glyph. Instead of 20% cast speed reduction, it makes ur spells hit 3 times for 40%. So i think its an overall damage increase. It also helps with the haste cap. Its pointless to have icy veins if ur at the 1 second cast on Frostbolt when heroism is up. Being a frost mage i stack haste and troll has berserking. Icy veins glyph basically makes Icy Veins useful, without it I be wasting haste or cooldowns during heroism or berserking.
    As far as I'm aware, until you GCD-cap yourself on Frostbolt casts with BL/Berserking/IV up, it's a DPS increase to not use the glyph. However, as we gain more haste throughout the expansion and we do inevitably GCD-cap ourselves during these phases, that's when the glyph will be a must-use.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    As far as I'm aware, until you GCD-cap yourself on Frostbolt casts with BL/Berserking/IV up, it's a DPS increase to not use the glyph. However, as we gain more haste throughout the expansion and we do inevitably GCD-cap ourselves during these phases, that's when the glyph will be a must-use.
    Im pretty sure im close to 1 second cast cap with Berserking/Lust. Im reforged for hit/haste, assuming haste is #1 behind hit for frost. I can see how this only makes it useful 1 time during a fight, if IV comes off cooldown its unlikely u lust twice in a fight. I guess Im nerfing myself....5 mans tho it rocks.

However when considering it effects Ice Lance/BF as well, wouldnt that make it worth it? Its a damage increase to all ur main casts excluding frostbomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztum View Post
    Im pretty sure im close to 1 second cast cap with Berserking/Lust. Im reforged for hit/haste, assuming haste is #1 behind hit for frost. I can see how this only makes it useful 1 time during a fight, if IV comes off cooldown its unlikely u lust twice in a fight. I guess Im nerfing myself....5 mans tho it rocks.

However when considering it effects Ice Lance/BF as well, wouldnt that make it worth it? Its a damage increase to all ur main casts excluding frostbomb.
    If GCD has remained the same since Cata (I see no logical reason why it wouldn't) the actual GCD cap is 0.8 seconds, meaning any cast up to this point is fine. As things currently stand, under BL/Zerking/IV without 5% Spell Haste buff I honestly don't even find myself casting Frostbolt aside from getting the 3 stacks for my pet, I'm spending too much time spamming Bomb/FFB (with BF)/IL (with FoF), however Frostbolt still isn't GCD-capped.

The thing is, Frostbomb is your hardest hitting ability without the glyph, and haste directly affects it. During IV and Zerking (they share a CD) I can damn-near cast Frostbomb as a filler once you factor in FFB procs on explosion, it's ridiculous. Until you gain enough haste for IV to GCD cap you, the benefit of having steroid-bombs will outweigh the DPS gain of other spells.
    RE the second casting of Lust in a fight - OK it's incredibly rare, but during Lust you want to maximise all your potential output as it's a raid-wide CD compared to a personal one, so if you're GCD capped during the period where you have the highest potential to do DPS, you're losing out on the maximum and that's what leads it to being a dps loss.

Good point, forgot about frostbomb scaling with haste. In fact I have trouble keeping it up with lust, prolly lack of attention on my part. Gotta find a new glyph when I get home.

hasn't the gcd cap always been 1.0 sec? (since at least wrath?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    hasn't the gcd cap always been 1.0 sec? (since at least wrath?)
    My experience playing SPriest in Cata says different, but I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using IL, WE, Evocate

wtb a smaller elemental though, couldn't they have just colored it differently?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    My experience playing SPriest in Cata says different, but I could be wrong.
    Yea ive always know it to be 1 second, i left wow and played starwars/diablo after firelands. You always miss major changes on 6-12 month hiatus from the game, hard to figure out too if its been implemented for a while.