Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I was wondering the other day about Haestrom. With Leviathan, we finally got an explanation for what the "Prothean" sphere we found in ME2. But do you think there'll ever be a DLC or something that'll explain the dark energy that characters kept talking about? Will we ever find out how Haestrom's sun became unstable? Unless I missed something, all we found out was that somehow dark energy was introduced into the sun's core. No explanation how . . . or who.

It just felt like a tantalizing hint to something in the future . . . but nothing's come up.
    Im sad to tell you this, but its a known complete overhaul in the story. The original script for Mass effect 3, when it was written by the same writters from mass effect 2, had the reaper existence being caused by dark energy. Their work was to prevent dark energy from consuming the galaxy, by controlling the races in mass effects technology and stop them before they could perfect the technology so much and over use the mass effect fields producing too much dark energy that colapsed suns. In the process using genetic material to create more Reapers, whie keeping the galaxy relatively safe short galactic term to go on their experiments to try to solve dark energy. Haestrom was simply one of the first sign showing the reapers were running out of time during our cycle, explaining Sovereign growing desperation and haste during the event of mass effect 1. It was also more in line with Harbinger original personnality: Your worlds will be our laboratory shepard!

Considering it was the original scrip from other writers and it was basiclly the whole reason the antagonis existed, its pretty much never gona be touched now that the game whole plot changed in mass effect 3.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-10-02 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Considering it was the original scrip from other writers and it was basiclly the whole reason the antagonis existed, its pretty much never gona be touched now that the game whole plot changed in mass effect 3.
    But it was a bit silly. In order to stop Dark energy we are going to create technology that causes Dark Energy and force every cycle to use it so we can then cull them for creating to much Dark Energy. Synthetic versus Organic has been a core story point of Mass Effect since the first game. Sovereign "grew desperate and with haste" during Mass Effect 1 because the protheans successfully blocked the reactivation signal. He had to go to the Citadel directly because he couldn't remotely activate it to bring in the rest of the Reapers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it was a bit silly. In order to stop Dark energy we are going to create technology that causes Dark Energy and force every cycle to use it so we can then cull them for creating to much Dark Energy. Synthetic versus Organic has been a core story point of Mass Effect since the first game. Sovereign "grew desperate and with haste" during Mass Effect 1 because the protheans successfully blocked the reactivation signal. He had to go to the Citadel directly because he couldn't remotely activate it to bring in the rest of the Reapers.
    You are ignoring 1 fact about the original script and 1 about the original mass effect. They gave organic a direct path in technology they decided. For all we know they gave us the least damaging technology they could find. Their point is that they had an ammount of time anyway, they simply spread it out as a grand experiement to see how the galaxy degraded and find ways to fix it. Because they stop organic every 50000 years the majority of these years are spend in times were no one is in spacefaring anymore. Exemple the Asari didnt find the citadel right after the last cycle, but around the very end of our cycle, the space faring civilisation come up at the very end of the cycle(in 50000 years spawn).

Second points Sovereign didnt grow desperate because of the prothean signal, because he did an attempt to get the citadel when he saw his signal did not work way before mass effect 1. It was called the rachni wars, hundread of years ago. He only decided to finally make a push himself in mass effect 1, the current mass effect 3 story doesnt explain why he was in such a hurry at all for mass effect 1 and not after the rachni war. Infact it completely negate why sovereign even exists... the star kid is on the citadel already.

Also lets not talk about silly: Making machine to kill organics to stop machine from killing organics... doesent sound silly at all?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-10-02 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Also lets not talk about silly: Making machine to kill organics to stop machine from killing organics... doesent sound silly at all?
    It kinda does to us but also, the Reapers constantly say "its not a thing you would understand." So the fact that it doesn't make sense, actually makes sense. Organics aren't suppose to understand it.

Also consider that they don't consider organics being destroyed in their harvest. They consider them to be perfected and preserved, stored in Reaper form.

As to Starchild, the way I understood it was that he could not activate the Citadel relay on his own, hence Sovereign.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It kinda does to us but also, the Reapers constantly say "its not a thing you would understand." So the fact that it doesn't make sense, actually makes sense. Organics aren't suppose to understand it.

Also consider that they don't consider organics being destroyed in their harvest. They consider them to be perfected and preserved, stored in Reaper form.

As to Starchild, the way I understood it was that he could not activate the Citadel relay on his own, hence Sovereign.
    Im not arguing which ever has more plot holes as the first script was not complete either. To me it did have a better theme, because it kept more in line with what harbinger and sovereign keep saying. Harbinger chatter was always very scientific oriented saying he was conducting an experiement. He also taunted you with things like "the force of the universe bends to me" as a way to express he has an understanding over the universe (dark energy) that you dont. Mass effect 3 contradict most of that since star kid created them for a single purpose that doesent involve universal stakes. Only lifeforms, and even that is a strech because the game been trying to paint synthetic as a legitimate life form.

At the end of the day i was just answering his one question of why halestrom will never be answered, it was part of the first ending. It was cut, so its hard to make the idea that was suposed to be the ending point if you changed it.

Also the star child on the citadel cant activate is a huge problem on the plot formed by lastest DLC if they are to be taken as real. Star kid was the creation of godlike races that had dominion over spacefaring lifeforms that created AI that killed each other. That AI was so powerful he defeated everyone and made the first reaper. He decided to put himself in a citadel where he cannot do anything and need his reaper to do absolutly anything. He locked himself up with no possibility to do anything if his own plan failed.... not so smart for the stronger AI ever made that defeated godlike creatures on his own.

If he was such an undefeatable force, why not remain in power at least in case something goes wrong?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-10-02 at 04:39 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 2, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT-12 Raider Shotgun now available as a new Rare weapon

Gear Items
    - Decreased bonuses from Densified Ammunition to max out at 10% instead of 12%
    - For the following items, any bonuses that maxed out at 10% now max out at 12%
    - Berserker Package
    - Operative Package
    - Commando Package
    - Warfighter Package
    - Expert Package
    - Stronghold Package
    - Guerrilla Upgrade
    - Combatives Upgrade
    - Shock Trooper Upgrade
    - Juggernaut Shield
    - Martial Biotic Amp
    - Omni-Capacitors
    - Responder Loadout

Singularity Power
    - Singularity duration decreased to 8 seconds in preparation for the re-design of the power in the upcoming patch

Shockwave Power
    - Rank 3 force bonus increased from 20% to 25% (May 9 balance changes missed this)

Wraith Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [102.3-127.8] to [117.6-147.0]

Crusader Shotgun
    - Damage increased from [573.4-716.75] to [630.7-788.4]

Argus Assault Rifle
    - Damage increased from [131.8-164.8] to [164.8-206.0]

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
    - Damage increased from [514.1-642.6] to [591.2-739.0]

LoL'd so hard D
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Organic vs Synthetics was always a theme in Mass Effect. Right from the beginning.

Yet it was somewhat minor in comparison to many other themes such as humanity's survival, species working together. These themes went through the entire game whereby the synthetics/organics were just seperate chapters and seemed just to be things that were good to fit in the game. It never felt like "the main point" that the ending would be based on.

And it was resolved. On Rannoch. Either the machines won, the humanoids won or both learnt to live together.

Walters and Hudson just got hung up on Deus Ex and decided they'd force the synthetic/organic thing way more than it needed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post

LoL'd so hard D
    LOL. I've played too many playthroughs and never seen that.
    Putin khuliyo

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/03/operation-overdrive/

Operation OVERDRIVE (October 5th-7th)

Based on intel recovered during Operation PATRIOT, we are anticipating a massive strike from the Reapers on multiple fronts. Our information officers and special-ops teams stationed behind enemy lines require immediate extraction.

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any map at any difficulty in 20 minutes or less. Squads can be any size.

Allied Goal: Complete 200,000 extraction waves on any difficulty. Squads can be any size. Full extraction not required.

Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:07 AM ----------

Better quality of the teaser image: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8033/8...8a231f6f64.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:10 PM ----------

WIN WIN WIN!

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:19 PM ----------

Tons of other new features for multiplayer too!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/04/m...ltiplayer-dlc/

Deleted
    Omega Single Player DLC will feature Collectors I guess then. Make sens with Omega 4 Relay, that's a good incentive to get Omega back...everything fits perfectly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, that trailer is pretty fucking great. Wish I played multiplayer.

I NEED NEW PANTS NOW! Thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:45 PM ----------

So, 2 new kits (Turians, armored. So 4 each?) And 3 new Weapons. Collector AR is already listed as Ultra Rare, but for the sake of it, let's say they kicked it back to Rare. 3 weps make 30, 38 gold cards are needed, right? Damn I need more creds, got only a mil on me now.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG I'm pumped for the return of the collectors

If I must tear you apart, Shepard,I will
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-10-04 at 06:39 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like points, medals, and rating will actually mean something. Can't wait for people to rage when BE's get the kill and delay their new banner/title/whatever.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Liara, council operative.
    Since when?

Something just occured to me. Unlike with the previous DLC, there has been no leaks this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys would really like to take look at this here:

http://i.imgur.com/U5NV8.png?1

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You guys would really like to take look at this here:

http://i.imgur.com/U5NV8.png?1
    What. The. Fuck.

O.O