Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] NCIS - Official Thread

So, season 10 premiered Tuesday, and while I enjoyed it, I gotta say it felt rather anticlimactic.

The whole, sending the FBI, DIA, and NCIS after one guy, only for Gibbs to figure out, 'oh hey, I bet he's here, I'm going alone', and he does and stabs him"? It didn't feel right. And given how long Dearing had been relevant to the plot, why did they just now bring up the whole, "you and I are a lot alike" deal. It all felt like a cop-out. Plus, we don't have a new story started yet. So the show feels a little soft right now. All we have is more tension between Tony and Ziva. At this point, after six years, you'd think one of them would have spontaneously combusted. Even everybody Tony ever talks to says they belong together. I don't care if they do or not, the tension thing is getting old.

Ducky seems ok. After he was out of the hospital, he seemed like himself. Took Gibb's advice to heart. "You're alive". I guess that's all he needed. I noticed that Brian Dietzen was listed with the main cast in the opening credits. I hope he shies away from his whole deal with saying the wrong thing at the wrong time 100% of the time, and starts being Ducky's protege again. Perhaps Ducky decides to retire soon after his heart attack, which makes Palmer's need to take over even quicker.

I think they realize the show is starting to feel old, so they're introducing new characters. Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Ryan. A new love interest for Gibbs. Makes sense, fits, and doesn't ruin the dynamic of the team. Matt Jones' character, however, does. I really hope they don't plan on going anywhere with him. You can't even compare him to McGee, because he at least had some brain. Dorneget is just some loser. His desire to do field work should never happen. On that note though, unless you count Mike Franks, nobody major has died recently, which is odd for this show. I always wonder if deaths of major characters are important plot points they wanted, or if it was an out-of-show decision, whether it be that the actor was moving on, or the crew didn't like the actor and wanted someone new.

I couldn't agree more Pen. The ending was a cop-out although I did enjoy the knife part.

Love Brian joined the cast. I quite enjoy him. Hopefully they give him a bit more to do. There's been some rumors for the past couple of years Vance was going to die or be let go but obviously that hasn't happened.

They are hinting that Tony is lonely and has nobody to talk to. Gibbs and the Jaime lee Curtis will be another storyline. Not sure what else they have planned.

I still can't believe it's Season 10. It could go on forever.

Deleted
    I think NCIS could go over 14 seasons, like ER(series). There are a lot of stuff to tell and show in that series, in terms of crime and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I couldn't agree more Pen. The ending was a cop-out although I did enjoy the knife part.

Love Brian joined the cast. I quite enjoy him. Hopefully they give him a bit more to do. There's been some rumors for the past couple of years Vance was going to die or be let go but obviously that hasn't happened.

They are hinting that Tony is lonely and has nobody to talk to. Gibbs and the Jaime lee Curtis will be another storyline. Not sure what else they have planned.

I still can't believe it's Season 10. It could go on forever.
    I think the hints of Vance leaving are the same as the hints of Tony and Ziva hooking up. It's never going to happen, but they're going to keep pretending that it will. I don't like him. At this point in the show, you have to assume that whatever Gibbs wants to do is the right thing. I understand the politics behind the desk, but he keeps Gibbs on a short leash, unlike the last two directors.

I also have this weird suspicion that Jarvis is a bad guy. Not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I think NCIS could go over 14 seasons, like ER(series). There are a lot of stuff to tell and show in that series, in terms of crime and that.
    I don't think so. They already seem to be running out of ideas. Like I sad, I think they're using new characters to keep it fresh, but it's not working for me. They had to go so far as to blow up NCIS last season, what's next?

I also have this weird suspicion that Jarvis is a bad guy. Not sure why.
    Jarvis joined at the same time they had that plotline with the Watcher Fleet data being stolen, I remember thinking he would be uncovered as the guy in charge of that operation back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't think so. They already seem to be running out of ideas. Like I sad, I think they're using new characters to keep it fresh, but it's not working for me. They had to go so far as to blow up NCIS last season, what's next?
    well, ER coasted a long freaking way with a revolving door cast, and i dont know that ncis can do that. that said, even a tired ncis beats the hell out of ncis la - my god is that show horrible, and i wanted to like it. bunch of lame-ass cia wanna-bes. yuck

as for this season... it looks like they plan to milk the "trauma" for a couple of episodes at least. i really hope they keep that short, it doesnt take long for that to get old imo.

NCIS works because of the cast, if they start adding people (or taking them away) for the sake of shaking things up the show would suffer bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexx the Insane View Post
    such a great show!
    Yes,Vexx I'm agree with you.

Mark Harmon has got himself a well-earned Star on the Walk of Fame

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19798528

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the new episode.

Smelltheglove was right. They're milking the trauma a bit, but I think it's over. Anyway, I like Abby episodes, and while a lot of things were going on, this felt mostly like an Abby episode. I also was hoping we'd see her biological brother again, and lo and behold. However, I don't know why, but something feels untrustworthy about him. Just the way he acted in that last scene. Maybe it's just my paranoia. Still no established story for the season, but I'm not really expecting one that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Mark Harmon has got himself a well-earned Star on the Walk of Fame

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19798528
    That actually reminds me of something I was thinking of. Outside of Harmon, the other actors on the show are, for lack of a better term, nobodies. None of them are well-known at all outside the show. I wonder if when they started the show, they asked Harmon (or other people) strictly to get people to watch it. Makes sense. Seems to be aimed toward older people anyway (the first couple episodes were a little darker and more vulgar than it is now), and older people would know who he is (I haven't seen him in anything outside NCIS). It makes sense to me.

On that note, I apparently have never seen said first season. Watching it now, three episodes in. It feels really forced. Like they thought they weren't going to make it beyond one season. And it's so...something. I can't put my finger on it. It almost feels like a completely different show. Gibbs is a little more loose. In the first episode, he was joking around about Air Force One, because he saw it in a movie (The Fugitive?). He never jokes about things like that, and very very rarely gets pop culture references. Abby feels not herself. She's not as peppy, and her voice definitely shows that. It doesn't feel like her. There's no McGee yet, nor Palmer, so nothing on them. Kate goes from Secret Service in the first episode, to being a pro in the next. Like they skipped a year or so. All of a sudden, she's good at her job. That goes back to the whole "they were going for broke because they didn't know they'd get a second season". There was more, but I can't remember.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-03 at 04:31 AM.

It was a good episode and it made me laugh a few times. I liked they investigated one of their own from the bomb and they kind of explained why they didn't change much design wise of the set. It was kind of sad to see the Palmer-Duckie storyline play out.

Yes, Season 1 is totally different than what it became although there are some really good episodes in there. I think any show goes through that initial trial period as the actors and show runners figure out what works and what doesn't. Star Trek: TNG I think it's the best example of how a show grows up basically. Law & Order is another good example.

Mark Harmon has been around a long while. For me it was the movie Summer School which is a lo-brow comedy so for me it was surprising to see him tin a more serious role. Glad to see him get that as he's earned it. Michael Weatherly has been in a few things including Dark Angel. David McCallum has been in a lot of things. The funniest thing I saw him in recently was an old episode of The A-Team and he was the bad guy. Every one else I haven't seen before NCIS. Sometimes casting actors that aren't well-known is a good thing as audiences don't have per-conceived notions of them.

That actually reminds me of something I was thinking of. Outside of Harmon, the other actors on the show are, for lack of a better term, nobodies. None of them are well-known at all outside the show. I wonder if when they started the show, they asked Harmon (or other people) strictly to get people to watch it. Makes sense. Seems to be aimed toward older people anyway (the first couple episodes were a little darker and more vulgar than it is now), and older people would know who he is (I haven't seen him in anything outside NCIS). It makes sense to me.
    mark harmon was in the presidio (love that movie) and the show reasonable doubt

michael weatherly was in dark angel (he was the doc in the wheelchair)

i just hope i never see another "ziva" episode. she is badass most of the time, but every time they give her an episode she turns into an incompetent emo headcase. the writers really dont know how to write an episode around her

Amazing show, can't wait for 10x02. I like how it started with a tiva moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i just hope i never see another "ziva" episode. she is badass most of the time, but every time they give her an episode she turns into an incompetent emo headcase. the writers really dont know how to write an episode around her
    I agree. Her character always seems out of it anytime they focus on her. As I said before, I like Abby episodes. And you know they're always gonna have feels. I teared up so much on the episode last season where she found out she was adopted.

Ducky is back

With the team whole again, maybe they'll consider the whole exploded NCIS building/Dearing story arc finished?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Ducky is back

With the team whole again, maybe they'll consider the whole exploded NCIS building/Dearing story arc finished?
    Hopefully. I was a little worried throughout the episode. Ducky's attitude shifting over and over again had me thinking he might be up for retirement. But that last scene proved it all wrong, since he was smiling like a kid when he was talking to the corpse.

Besides, if he does retire, it will probably be the end of the series. I do like how far Jimmy has come, as far as his knowledge of his job goes. And he's even adopted Ducky's penchant for being reminded of stories and feeling the urge to spout it out. Still don't like his inappropriate comments though.

David McCallum contract: he signed for two more years

I think his attitude changes were more down to Gibbs throwing him in the deep end by giving him the investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

I gotta say I was not expecting the ending. Maybe I'm slipping. They covered the fact that the "person that you only see once did it" was a guy who got a date with Borin. He didn't but still. As soon as she agreed to him, I knew she knew and was just messing with Tony and McGee.

What is wrong with McGee lately? Why does his voice sound like he always has cold? Every episode it seems. Is there such a thing as "chronic cold"? It's annoying.

New episode:

What is wrong with McGee lately? Why does his voice sound like he always has cold? Every episode it seems. Is there such a thing as "chronic cold"? It's annoying.
    It's okay Pendulous. Everybody's mind slips at some point. I don't normally try to figure out who did it but there were signs that he was involved. Loved the Tony-McGee Wingman jokes. Some of Ziva's comments were interested which Tony did pick up on. Surprised there was no Borin-Gibbs dating as in a previous episode she was trying to set him up with some of her girlfriends. The Gibbs-Ducky Spy thing was funny. I guess Ducky is back full time since there was no Palmer.

As for McGee he lost a lot of weight a few years back and ever since then he's acted differently. I'm not sure exactly what is going on there.