Thread: Which spec?

Which spec?

Hi fellow forum users, i have been messing around a bit with mages in mists and not sure which is the viable spec for raiding i have read different guides on noxxic EJ etc and most guides think different specs, so i am not sure what to go with.

Any spec besides arcane is currently viable and competitive. Some fights heavily favor fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Any spec besides arcane is currently viable and competitive. Some fights heavily favor fire though.

all 3 specs are roughly 3% of eachother. arcane IS perfectly viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ Zavri Arcane is perfectly viable and higher than frost. The thing with arcane is that you actually have to think ahead more than 2 seconds, which sadly, many mages seem to have a hard time grasping. I've been having a blast with Arcane so far and keeping up with Fire mages just fine.

Fire is really boring to me, but go with it if that's your thing.

Frost is fun for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going with Fire. Getting decent RNG lately so been averaging 60-80k on heroic boss fights which is good enough for me. At about 12.8% hit I think and like 23.5% crit self buffed IIRC so will see how it balances out in a raiding environment.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    Lol @ Zavri Arcane is perfectly viable and higher than frost. The thing with arcane is that you actually have to think ahead more than 2 seconds, which sadly, many mages seem to have a hard time grasping. I've been having a blast with Arcane so far and keeping up with Fire mages just fine.

Fire is really boring to me, but go with it if that's your thing.

Frost is fun for sure.
    Arcane is definitely not viable. Worst for movement, Requires Rune of Power, Damage is 15k behind frost on single target sims. Yeahhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll is obvious?

Or high... One of the two.

Nothing about fire makes it better for movement than arcane, rune of power is in no way required for arcane, don't just spout out completely false information if you don't have links to back it up... You're way off man. Have you even forged/chanted for and tried arcane at 90? Or do you just spout at the mouth about everything?

Fire is better for movement than Arcane because its proc is an instant cast (which you can use 3 GCDs on if you are lucky, which combined with blink should be all you ever need) and every cast (including scorch) applies a DoT effect, whereas the only instant Arcane has will reset your stacks and potentially lower your DPS.
    It's still far from "unviable" to play Arcane though, mages just really love being dramatic (actually I'm pretty sure all classes do but I frequent this subforum most).

10+ Year Old Account
    mages just really love being dramatic
    I tried SO hard to resist this time, lol.