Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, Vanilla ...? Lol. I like dual wielding much more.

Just like any melee, your DPS is very position dependent. Some fights with a lot of movement or add switching its hard to keep 40k going but on other tank n spank fights I was brushing 90k dps last night and I don't even have weapon enchants at ilvl 458.

Deleted
    Ok, away from balance, more to general What-am-i-doing Questions.
    What lvl90 talents are you guys getting? (PVE)
    What Stats are we Stacks - Mastery or haste.? (PVE)
    What are our new caps - (PVE)
    And have we gotten any rotation/priority changes with new spells/gear/scaling?
    Taaa
    <------ Scrub

Quote Originally Posted by Mashy767 View Post
    What lvl90 talents are you guys getting? (PVE)
    I'm using this.

What Stats are we Stacks - Mastery or haste.? (PVE)
    Will depend on which talents you choose. Gear available can also influence this choice.
    Currently the top dps spec uses EotE and UF, and it ranks Mastery slightly above Haste. A build using EM + PE will value Haste slightly above Mastery.

What are our new caps - (PVE)
    Hit (melee) = 7.5%
    Hit (spell) = 15%
    Expertise = 7.5%

Now let me get into a bit more detail.
    Hit gives melee and spell hit.
    Expertise reduces the chance to get dodged/parried, as well as increases spell hit.

That means you only need to gear for 7.5% hit, and 7.5% expertise.

And have we gotten any rotation/priority changes with new spells/gear/scaling?
    Again this will slightly change pending on which talents you choose.
    • elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled
    • fire_elemental_totem,if=!active&(buff.bloodlust.up|buff.elemental_mastery.up|target.time_t o_die<=totem.fire_elemental_totem.duration+10|(talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&(cooldown. elemental_mastery.remains=0|cooldown.elemental_mastery.remains>80)|time>=60))
    • ascendance,if=cooldown.strike.remains>=3
    • searing_totem,if=!totem.fire.active
    • unleash_elements,if=talent.unleashed_fury.enabled
    • elemental_blast,if=talent.elemental_blast.enabled
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react=5
    • stormblast
    • stormstrike
    • flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&!ticking
    • lava_lash
    • unleash_elements
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    • ancestral_swiftness,if=talent.ancestral_swiftness.enabled&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react<2
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.ancestral_swiftness.up
    • flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&dot.flame_shock.remains<=3
    • earth_shock
    • feral_spirit
    • earth_elemental_totem,if=!active&cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains>=50
    • spiritwalkers_grace,moving=1
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>1&!buff.ascendance.up

This is the top dps priority according to simulationcraft (single target, obviously). If you need help translating it, feel free to post again or send me a PM.

We still have massive mana problems in PVP, it's still impossible to get mana back even when fighting another melee, never mind a ranged.

Also why do we hardcast LB at 3-4 during ascendance (lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    )?

I can understand any other time but during ascendance wouldn't you not want to push those autoattacks back due to the extra nature damage? Also, normally I stormstrike then pop Ascendance due to it instantly reseting the CD, seems like the thing to do since you get two back 2 back Storm strikes if UE is on CD and MSW isnt at 5. Am I wrong in doing so?

Normally I open on bosses with FE/wolves/lust > Unleash Fury > Storm Strike > Ascendance > Stormblast.

Also does anyone know if the 50% extra benefit from haste on gear from Flurry also works with procs? Like if I have a trinket that procs haste will I get 50% extra when flurry is up? Same question for weapon enchants?
    Last edited by Emophia; 2012-10-03 at 12:33 PM.

Don't know if it's really due to gear, but I've done fights vs another enhancement shaman on my guild where he went full Mastery (like 6500+) and I went full Haste. The results were weird. Sometimes I had a very good burst (like over 100k dps) and would just stay high for a long moment, and at some point he would just reach me. Some other times, my burst was average and he would get me kinda quickly. All in all, I think it was very close, but it's probably because of gear at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joak22 View Post
    . The results were weird. Sometimes I had a very good burst (like over 100k dps) and would just stay high for a long moment, and at some point he would just reach me. Some other times, my burst was average and he would get me kinda quickly.
    ^This. My burst is REALLY wonky. I'm doing Echo + UF and Mastery ...and I have burst huge numbers and crushed my competition, but then I'll either stay at that our at the end of the fight it will go back down. It's very dependent on having like EVERY cool down up.

Deleted
    I'm using both EotE + UF and EM + PE. Both of my talent trees are enhancement so it's really easy to change that whole ui / talent package at once.
    Oh... and Yay PvE.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am level 90 with 444 and i have been playing my enh Shammy for 3 years, and i can say that since 5.0.5 i have lost alot of my DPS/DMG. I used to top the charts in my guild with DMG now I am at the bottom. I get great burst dmg at the beginning and when i pop my cd's but sustained dmg is really low. I am using Shockanawe and have also used Enhaprio...both have been great in the past but not sure if I have the right priority list now....I love playing my shammy but with 33-40 max dps and i am working my butt of dont know if he will still be my Fav. and suggestion on rotation..?thks

15+ Year Old Account
    After playing most of Cata as Enh, I'm feeling the need for a change, may go ele but I'm undecided at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Also why do we hardcast LB at 3-4 during ascendance (lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    )?
    It's programming language Basically what it says is: LB if you've got 3 stacks of Maelstrom UNLESS Ascendance is up. That's what the &! means.

I'd also like to point out that the lack of enhsim for MoP is sad, I find simcraft cumbersome to use in comparison.

I did a rank 9 on Feng the Accursed yesterday, ending 2nd on damage, only beaten by our Fury Warrior.

I'd say Enhancement is in a very good spot right now, going to be interesting how well we scale with gear compared to the other classes this expansion, but I do have my hopes up with the changes to Flurry and UF (when talented).

Link to log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10161&e=10599

pve enh is one of the strongest dd´s 120k focus dps with cds, after this 90. aoe much more..
    pvp vs cloth, rogues, dks, monks, moonkins, pala are easy
    = feral a little bit hard
    = hunter and warrior very very hard

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillian View Post
    It's programming language Basically what it says is: LB if you've got 3 stacks of Maelstrom UNLESS Ascendance is up. That's what the &! means.
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

Deleted
    Yay I started pvping as enhc in wotlk but this time it's really strong, The healing and damage. Everything <3

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

Again this will slightly change pending on which talents you choose.
    • elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled
    • fire_elemental_totem,if=!active&(buff.bloodlust.up|buff.elemental_mastery.up|target.time_t o_die<=totem.fire_elemental_totem.duration+10|(talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&(cooldown. elemental_mastery.remains=0|cooldown.elemental_mastery.remains>80)|time>=60))
    • ascendance,if=cooldown.strike.remains>=3
    • searing_totem,if=!totem.fire.active
    • unleash_elements,if=talent.unleashed_fury.enabled
    • elemental_blast,if=talent.elemental_blast.enabled
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react=5
    • stormblast
    • stormstrike
    • flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&!ticking
    • lava_lash
    • unleash_elements
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    • ancestral_swiftness,if=talent.ancestral_swiftness.enabled&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react<2
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.ancestral_swiftness.up
    • flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&dot.flame_shock.remains<=3
    • earth_shock
    • feral_spirit
    • earth_elemental_totem,if=!active&cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains>=50
    • spiritwalkers_grace,moving=1
    • lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>1&!buff.ascendance.up

By looking at my character (Tatertottz - Dawnbringer) can you tell me a more specific rotation for how I'm talented out? Also, do you have any recommendations is to spec differently? Keep in mind I just hit 90 yesterday so reforge, enchants, and gems are not current.

Thanks so much for your help!

I think Enhancement is in a really good place right now. Not only is our damage good, but our utility to any raid is amazing between stormlash and Guidance. Enhancement has not been this strong in a very, very long time over all. Just a fantastic spec, maybe the best overall for a raid in the melee class. Just my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree. I started played enhance back in Vanilla when I suddenly got a Sulfuras (long story), so even before it was viable at all. Stuck with it since and hands down - enhancement has never been stronger. Although I was usually top DPS in Cata and Wrath doing dungeons, that was mostly due to poor competition, higher geared or exactly on par ilvl other classes would solidly beat me on Patchwerk fights (nearly all other melee in ICC for example). In Cata it got a lot better, especially our AOE, making us one of the highest scoring classes on specific fights (Yor'sahj).

Now, most melee are fairly balanced, with enhancement bringing the added utility options (<3 guidance, <3 capacitor) as well as INSANE burst. Ascendance form is my favourite spell they ever added to the game, it's such fun. Currently in 460, missing 5 or 6 hc pieces, and usually topping the dps, losing only to higher geared warriors and mages. NOONE beats enhancement on burst currently, not even warrior due to the fact that their burst phase is simply shorter. Macro Ascendance + Wolves + Blood Fury (orc) + Ancestral Guidance, pop Stormlash+Bloodlust first (macro-ed), then Fire Elemental, then the Ascendance macro. Enjoy the pain. Oh and little tip: Ascendance resets your SS Cd, since it changes it to Stormblast. So i usually fit in a SS, THEN pop Ascendance and get it immediately again - win.

I guess the complains i'd have about enh is the clunkyness of start in a fight by wasting so many GCDs to get your rotation going. Pop this, pop that, drop this and that ... oh look that mage is already doing 100k.

Also i feel trolled by Blizz with ascendance providing range only to melee and SS .. Y U NO LL ??

Someone poster earlier that enh shaman is the easiest melee ... uhmmm are u sure we're playing the same game ?

But overall enh is very solid and fun to play, we'll see how good we do once everyone starts gearing up into hc raids.