Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just dinged level 90 about 5 minutes ago, time for me to see if those heroics are truely easy.

They are perfect as they are. It would be nice to have more of them, but the tuning is perfect, a HUGE improvement since the complete failure of tuning in last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I just dinged level 90 about 5 minutes ago, time for me to see if those heroics are truely easy.
    The only one I had a problem with was Shado-Pan, and that was because the healer accidentally spent 3/4s of the dungeon with Glyph of Holy Shock equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is a good thing how, exactly? I made the mistake of hitting 85 with my priest instead of my mage, and having to suffer through healing pugged H Grim Batol.

Perhaps hypertension and peptic ulcers are fun for some. Not I, though.
    I didn't have to suffer through anything, most of the players were actually pretty decent. Sure there were some wipes when players didn't know the mechanics yet but I don't see how that's such a terrible thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I didn't have to suffer through anything, most of the players were actually pretty decent. Sure there were some wipes when players didn't know the mechanics yet but I don't see how that's such a terrible thing.
    Given how the IQ bell curve works, I can safely say the majority of players happen to be incompetent in varying degrees. You got lucky.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of people say that heroics are the new normal and challenge mode are the new heroics, i only ask because i really like to follow the game so please refrain from calling me an idiot, or a hater, but if that is the case then what is the point of having normal mode dungeons then?

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Congratulations, but what are you going to do tomorrow? Or 2 months from now? The problem with easy content is that players eat it up almost instantly, and then unsub. I don't know why Blizzard promotes such a system that hurts their sub numbers.
    People couldnt eat cata heroics almost instantly and they ubsubbed.

Blizzard has the survey you have to complete when you unsub, and they changed the tuning in the middle of cata and decided to make this tuning now.

If you have ANY reasoning you would realize the truth of why people unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i see a lot of people say that heroics are the new normal and challenge mode are the new heroics, i only ask because i really like to follow the game so please refrain from calling me an idiot, or a hater, but if that is the case then what is the point of having normal mode dungeons then?
    Normal dungeons are for leveling, and closing the gear gap so you can get into Heroics. In this expansion once you hit 90 you shouldn't be touching normal modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    People couldnt eat cata heroics almost instantly and they ubsubbed.

Blizzard has the survey you have to complete when you unsub, and they changed the tuning in the middle of cata and decided to make this tuning now.

If you have ANY reasoning you would realize the truth of why people unsubbed.
    This is the truth. Wrath heroics were of comparable difficulty and yet that expansion attracted a huge amount of players and managed to keep them from Naxx 2.0 to ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    The purpose is to do them while leveling, which is why GSS dont even have a normal mode, SM have lvl 30 normal modes and Scholo lvl 40 something or 50 something i dont know exactly where Blizzard put them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing another tier of heroic difficulty that didn't work with Dungeon Finder and which yielded better-than-heroic gear.

But when you really think about it, that goes against the goal of allowing more people to consume raid content at even the easiest level - because now you have to tune raids according to the relative availability of that better gear.

It cascades into a mess of a problem. The challenge-mode solution is quite good. You get some e-peen decorations for your character if you are truly as good as you like to believe, everyone gets to acquire a baseline 463 iLvl if they are willing to work/farm for it, everyone gets to at least experience LFR and possibly some normal mode bosses, and you get to progress through heroic raids and wear your shiny e-peen decorations instead of your banal tier recolors that won't impress anyone as you sit on your heroic boss mount in front of the auction house.

It feels like a win-win situation for everyone.

They're fine. The last thing I want to do is spend 2 hours in a dungeon so I can get alt #5 geared enough to raid. As other have said, if you want some challenge do raids, heroics raids, and challenge mode dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Up next, "How to tell if someone is stuck in the past."
    Coming this fall, "how to tell a wow fanboy will put up with a mediocre product."

Keep it civil and constructive
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-03 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Normal dungeons are for leveling, and closing the gear gap so you can get into Heroics. In this expansion once you hit 90 you shouldn't be touching normal modes.
    You still need to farm normal Mogu Palace for the last few missing lvls to 440. Well, before they nerfed it yesterday at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The purpose is to do them while leveling, which is why GSS dont even have a normal mode, SM have lvl 30 normal modes and Scholo lvl 40 something or 50 something i dont know exactly where Blizzard put them now.
    Exactly. The fact that multiple dungeons don't even have a "normal" mode now is pretty telling. Also the iLvl contraint for entering Dungeon Finder heroics is 440, which is easily attainable only by questing. Another pretty informative data point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Coming this fall, "how to tell a wow fanboy will put up with a mediocre product."
    mediocre product
    Mediocrity is entirely subjective. I personally find democratization of content to be a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You still need to farm normal Mogu Palace for the last few missing lvls to 440. Well, before they nerfed it yesterday at least.
    I didn't run a single normal dungeon before queuing for heroics at 90. Before the nerf.

If there was no challenge mode then id say to easy. But thats the point of them. So these are perfect.

I think they serve their purpose perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I didn't touch a normal dungeon once I hit 90; and fun fact, I am still using Will of Unbinding. I managed to fudge the point difference using Scenario quest loot.