I'm really glad i bought Orianna. Anivia is/was free this week and no, i just don't like that playstyle. Maybe when i practise a lot more with her but right now it's a no.

Orianna on the other hand, I went 10/0/11 in my first PvP match with her just now.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I'm really glad i bought Orianna. Anivia is/was free this week and no, i just don't like that playstyle. Maybe when i practise a lot more with her but right now it's a no.

Orianna on the other hand, I went 10/0/11 in my first PvP match with her just now.
    I bought Anivia a long while ago w/ Froggen-like aspirations.

I wish I had waited for Orianna. Good choice.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I'm pretty sure Anivia's skill lvl just is higher then Orianna's (placing walls good, frost debuff, popping stun at right time), where Orianna 'just is' drop the ball in the middle of them and just pop your shit and recall your ball / place it on a team mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Anivia's skill lvl just is higher then Orianna's (placing walls good, frost debuff, popping stun at right time), where Orianna 'just is' drop the ball in the middle of them and just pop your shit and recall your ball / place it on a team mate.
    I totally agree with you. Not much skill there with orianna. Anivia is by far a more skill champion in my opinion compared to orianna.

True, Orianna is not THAT hard actually, Anivia is much more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the walls alone make anivia harder. I've uh... helped out in a few teamfights as Anivia before. The walls take a lot of practice before you can land really good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Just the walls alone make anivia harder. I've uh... helped out in a few teamfights as Anivia before. The walls take a lot of practice before you can land really good ones.
    I've mastered every part of Anivia except walls. I can land her stun all day, cut off routes with or split up the battle field with easy walls, but half the time I try to do clutch wall saves or kills I end up screwing up and either the enemy gets away or a team mate dies. Still love her to death and she is probably my best AP mid, but walls have a steep learning curve.

I'm looking to try out AD carry since it's a role I've never really played, but for solo queue I'd like to try it. I have 7.4k IP, and was looking at either Graves, Kog'maw or Ezreal. Who would you say is the most fun of them all? Never tried any.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    Kog'maw and Ez are more fun for me personally. But I'd never take Kog'maw without at least duo-queueing. He really needs a team catered to playing Protect The Kog'maw, and he's far riskier during the laning phase.Graves and Ez both let you get away with positioning mistakes, on Kog'maw you just go splat.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-03 at 01:03 PM.

Well I bought Kog'maw and joined solo queue, won the first match. Finished 12/2/3 with an Alistar support which worked out well, every time they came near me he'd just headbutt them away and I'd run to safety. Didn't have a clue what his passive was all about though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nothing much. Just keep it in mind if you do die. Sometimes, if death is inevitable, it can be worthwhile to position yourself closer to the enemy, so you can blow them all up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    I'm looking to try out AD carry since it's a role I've never really played, but for solo queue I'd like to try it. I have 7.4k IP, and was looking at either Graves, Kog'maw or Ezreal. Who would you say is the most fun of them all? Never tried any.
    I would pick up Graves and MF personally. They are by far my favorite ad carries, and my best too. Kog maw is very strong, but if you don't have a really beefy team that can sit there and protect him, he is a lot more risky. Graves and Ezreal are both very strong picks, since they do a lot of damage and have good mobility. I prefer graves over ezreal, but I would recommend playing them both when they are free sometime.

Mf is a good bit harder than graves and ez, since she doesn't have a displacement move. So if you get out of position and your flash is down, you're boned. However, with the tune on her ult and her passive she got a good deal stronger. You can auto, double up, auto then ult and absolutely shred someone in lane. People will tell you the ult is only good for clearing minion waves, but the amount of damage it does is absurd. She works particularly well with amumu, malphite or sejuani, since they can lock down several targets and you can ult through them. Her laning phase is pretty godlike too. You are a massive lane bully, and if you alternate a little bit between W and Q, there really isn't any way that the other ad can trade with you (assuming they are on fairly equal farm and kills).

I would really suggest her, though you won't see her free for awhile since she was free last week or the week before. I don't remember which one.

I've always played support with my friend who plays MF as AD carry and she is awesome, she just doesn't really have an "ohshi-!" spell outside of summoner spells. I know Kog'maw doesn't have one either, he just hits like a fucking truck from miles away which suits me fine.

Played a few games, one with a Blitz support, one with Soraka and one with Sona. Sona seems to work far better than the other two with Kog'maw as AD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question how good is Jayce apart from solo top, can he jungle (is he viable) and can he replace an ad carry ?

10+ Year Old Account
    He can jungle. It's not the best jungle, but he can certainly do it.

I don't recommend him bottom as his attack range is rather short, but if you were going for more of a kill lane I guess you could do it. He is certainly better top. I've seen him mid before too. So moral of the story, jayce goes where he pleases. Though he is best suited to the top lane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    ... but if you were going for more of a kill lane I guess you could do it.
    Jayce + Panth/Leona/J4 for teh fannzies

I picked up Orianna yesterday. After seeing her perform at the tournament (and banned for a majority of it), I've finally decided to go for her. I've had a mental picture in my mind for ages and I was sort of on the fence, I just didn't want to buy her without a free try, but in the tournament, what a performance.

I'm not a bad player, but I'm not very good with assassins and junglers, so my focus mainly lies on Support (Leona) and AP Carry(Annie), who both have excellent burst damage and control. Some might argue that Leona is a support, should not deal damage and doesn't deal all that much damage, but she actually has the best early/mid game burst damage, excluding only some more damage focussed champions, who do not have the included CC (incapacitating effect + stunx2).

After level 3, I tend to go ultra aggressive and if I have a good lane partner, we will utterly destroy anything that takes even the least bit of risk. I also love to gank on Leona if our lane is on farm. Annie is about stun management more than Leona, but both characters fall in a category Burst Damage and Control.

To me, Orianna fits in that spot perfectly. She has some Crowd Control that especially rules in teamfights, dealing massive burst damage on top of that, with some ultra low cooldowns and she can farm pretty well. Long story short. I played two matches yesterday, one against NPC's to get a feel and a second against an overpowering premade that made us surrender at 25mins and I got out with 1/1/1. I'm not sure whether that was good or bad in light of the x/10/x and x/9/x's that all my party members had, but I'm in love

Edit: And I agree with the consensus that the skill level required for Orianna is more a question of when, than when and how, which Anivia definitely requires. Both can make or break a teamfight though.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-10-08 at 11:30 AM.

Alright, so i recently got my girlfriend into league of legends(woo!) and she enjoys tanky mage champs such as amumu. Can anyone suggest anything similar? I'm partially thinking maokai/galio. Gotta love the ults that turn a team fight around!

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions!
    Last edited by Omnoms; 2012-10-10 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Rumble's a strong pick of that kind, so is Vlad if you build him tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Maokai and Galio would be good choices. Maokai fills pretty much the same role as well. For AP Mid, consider Swain as well.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-10-09 at 09:31 PM.