Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Stone Guard 10 man - a challenge?

Hello guys!

Now first off, this isn't for complaining, I just want to see how you guys felt.
    So me and my guild headed for mogu'shan vaults earlier this evening, we got stomped, hard.
    Now we're no server first guild, rather quite average, and i'd like to see if any other people got shat on by them, or if we're just really bad

the chains took quite a bit of getting used to.

Don't stand in puddles, only break chains while jasper is overloading.

Also, tanks need to nail down the taunt switches, its absolutely insane to heal their mistakes. Once they figure that out and stop standing on shit and braking chains at right time (have RL to call for it), its very doable.

For us, a huge challenge.

We got, IMO, the 3 worst of the 4. No jasper.. So it was difference between shit, shit after 3s or aoe shit.. Healers got oom at 60% and people had to move around all the damn time. I sooo wished we would have gotten then jasper up instead of amythist or the aoe one.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Deleted
    We had no Jasper and it was quite challenging. The worst part was the tanks getting the taunts right and destroying the blue crystals when we got blue paralyze. Our strategy was to swap the two not paralyzing at 50% of their energy, and then keep tanking the one that JUST got their overload + the one currently paralyzing. Tanks sometimes hit the wrong target to taunt which messed up and got us 2 overloads at the same time. Got it right on the 8th pull.

Deleted
    yeah we didn't have jasper either, and it was quite horrible, our best attempt was 30ish %, but healers were going oom

We had Jade Jasper and Amysthst. Took a minute to nail down chains and tank taunting after that we just had to perfect everything and ended up getting it down.

Little worried about Feng since it seems to be every more stress on heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily the easiest boss in the raid providing you do the fight properly.

Practice and do some research and you'll soon realize just how easy it is.

We 1shot it essentially 9manning.

Amethyst, Jade, Jasper.

If your healers are ooming they're overhealing an obscenely stupid amount, or not geared enough, or people are taking unnecessary damage.

If your tanks and healers are good, and your dps know how to move out of things - faceroll your way to victory.

If you need help on specifics - or other bosses - PM me or quote my post, don't worry, I won't bite.. much.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    We had Jade, Cobalt and Amethyst... Best try was 60% afaik (called it though after few hours when the trash respawned). We have 3 tanks and tomorrow one tank that was along will have to sit out... So uhm, will be fun again, but maybe the other 2 manage to work together better, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Easily the easiest boss in the raid providing you do the fight properly.

Practice and do some research and you'll soon realize just how easy it is.

We 1shot it essentially 9manning.

Amethyst, Jade, Jasper.

If your healers are ooming they're overhealing an obscenely stupid amount, or not geared enough, or people are taking unnecessary damage.

If your tanks and healers are good, and your dps know how to move out of things - faceroll your way to victory.

If you need help on specifics - or other bosses - PM me or quote my post, don't worry, I won't bite.. much.

The thing is we didn't have jasper, which, after what i've been told seems like one of the easier ones.

We had void zones everywhere, frost traps everywhere, and constant AoE damage going out. Our healers were doing 35-40k HPS and still OOMing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    The thing is we didn't have jasper, which, after what i've been told seems like one of the easier ones.

We had void zones everywhere, frost traps everywhere, and constant AoE damage going out. Our healers were doing 35-40k HPS and still OOMing
    To be fair cobalt is just as easy. The bombs are and should be avoided. Tank the bosses where they spawn and slowly kite back as space gets filled up. We had this combo on beta and it felt harder with jasper, but thats with the scaled buff on beta. Regardless cobalt should do 0 damage with bombs. Your healers are doing the acceptable amount of HPS, if people move out of bad stuff you'll knock the bosses over easily!
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post

Same here, Was a really annoying fight as you couldn't stay still for a second.

It's mostly about having competent tanks for this one we found. Once our tanks figured it out between themselves it was a simple kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Took us a few times to get it down. We had Amethyst, Jade and Cobalt. Puddles were annoying, the Cobalt mines were easy, either tank broke them or Hunter with Deterrence (taking no damage and deflecting nova also so can take several traps during one Deterrence).

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    My question is how you handled the actual tanking of the dogs. Did you swap taunt or just taunt the active one. this seemed imho our hardest aspect of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethbyte View Post
    My question is how you handled the actual tanking of the dogs. Did you swap taunt or just taunt the active one. this seemed imho our hardest aspect of the fight.
    ill copy paste what i pm'd someone. Give me a minute its hard on a phone lol
    Raxxykins

All you need is a good offtank who keeps an eye on what add needs to overload, he taunts the adequate add off the MT, MT only has to taunt OT's add every time he sees one of his adds going away.
    Keep out of aoe.
    When Cobalt is petrifying, dps can jump into the cobalt shards to clear the room a bit, they'll still be stuck in place for a few seconds but will take 90% less damage from the traps due to the petrification damage reduction buff.

Deleted
    We haven't done this fight yet since we are missing a healer atm BUT I think it will be easy, my plan (as tank) is to taunt with the other tank only the one that needs to be overloaded, the tank who has the lowest energy add will taunt the one that needs to be overloaded. In theory it sounds pretty simple but I wonder if we will pull that off in our first try xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethbyte View Post
    My question is how you handled the actual tanking of the dogs. Did you swap taunt or just taunt the active one. this seemed imho our hardest
    The way we pulled it - which is really how you set up the raid is:

I pulled the two dogs on the right, tanked them.

DK Pulled the one dog on the left. Tanked it.

First petrification debuff - It's the dog the DK is tanking (yay..)

DK taunts one of my dogs, and holds it with his dog.

His dog is now on 50% energy, and because the old one that i was tanking was gaining energy with it's partner before it was taunted, it's on ~70.

DK Taunts my ~20 energy dog that I've been holding (The remainder of the 2 at the start)

I taunt the ~70 energy dog.

The Appropriate dog now Overloads, leaving the DK holding a ~70 energy(a) and a ~0 energy dog(b), and myself with a ~70 energy dog(c).

Now, if either of the 70 energy dogs begin to overload you can simply pair it with the 0 energy dog, leaving the other 70 dog on it's own.

For example, (a) is now overloading. because the dk is already tanking (a) and (b) - he just holds them, lets (a) overload and (b) will then be on ~30 energy. So it's as follows now

(a) = 0
    (b) = 30
    (c) = 70

(c) is now overloading. I taunt the (a) over and hold it. I think you get the gist of it now
    Raxxykins

It was pretty hard for 10 man guilds and with the worst possible combination. I think 25 man was easier since the top 10 man guilds on our realm were stuck on first boss while mediocre 25 man guilds breezed through first 4 bosses.