Thread: Assa + combat?

Deleted

Assa + combat?

Assassination and combat are both specs i really like to play in pve. I know now that combat has slightly worse single target dps than both sub and assa.

So to have combat as offspec together with assassination as main spec both reforging and gems are wrong. Will it matter that much if i play combat with assa reforge / enchants?

And i just dont feel like sub is giving me the high single target numbers as assassination is.

It will matter a bit, haste is hugely valued for combat, but not very valued for assassination. It won't make or break you since the days of dead stats are long... well, dead, but I'd try and get two different sets of gears for each spec.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    If i put it like this.

Combat with mastery reforging or Assassination with haste reforging?

I hate this, everyone says that combat is noticable behind both assa and sub but i dont seem to find any difference. slightly as assassin...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelest View Post
    If i put it like this.

Combat with mastery reforging or Assassination with haste reforging?

I hate this, everyone says that combat is noticable behind both assa and sub but i dont seem to find any difference. slightly as assassin...
    Combat is a bit behind, not devastatingly so, but enough to warrant some thought into choosing your spec. I wouldn't want to suggest a preferred reforge like that yet as sources are conflicting right now, at a guess I'd say you're better off with assassination in haste reforges, but that's a total guess.
    I am the lucid dream

I'd say take simcraft with a grain of salt. Simulationcraft sims my rogue (combat, no freaking daggers have dropped.. yet I have 3 slow weaps) at ~51k dps but I fairly consistently do better than that. On Sha of Anger last night I pulled almost 59k dps.

All of the sims are in top gear. Gear that is not even obtainable right now.

My DPS is noticeably higher as Combat single target right now than Assassination. Unscientific comparison is about a 5k difference. I have extensive experience with both specs.

I'm replacing my Mut spec with Subt today. Subt is hella fun in PvE now, and the DPS seems to be higher. I'm not very experienced as PvE Subt, though; just PvP.

My ilvl is 371 currently.

The breakdown goes like this: any fight that will allow you to use BF a lot, Combat will be better. For mass AoE (8+), Mut is really good, Subt is almost as good, and Combat is average. For single target, all specs are fairly close and it will change with gear. Subt appears to be the best in top gear, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I'd say take simcraft with a grain of salt. Simulationcraft sims my rogue (combat, no freaking daggers have dropped.. yet I have 3 slow weaps) at ~51k dps but I fairly consistently do better than that. On Sha of Anger last night I pulled almost 59k dps.
    Simcraft is running you against higher level mobs, are you taking this into account?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    All of the sims are in top gear. Gear that is not even obtainable right now.
    I've been doing mine exclusively in pre-raid BiS gears.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Simcraft is running you against higher level mobs, are you taking this into account?
    I sim at level+2. So no it isn't. And nevermind that Sha of Anger... is a raid boss (level+3)?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I sim at level+2. So no it isn't. And nevermind that Sha of Anger... is a raid boss (level+3)?
    Have you checked the priority order and buff/debuff lists are correct?
    I am the lucid dream