Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    OMFG!

I really loved the opening episode. This season looks like it's going to be the best one in years. I was riveted the whole time.

Spoiler: Deb Knows everything now. A little funny that it took her this long to put it all together seeing as she's a detective and all. I can't imagine what direction the show is going to take from here. I am so excited for the next episode.
    I agree, very good episode, best in a while. I like Dexter, but I had become slightly less interested in every season past 4, but this looks like it will be a good one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I thought season 3 was "okay" though there seem a good deal of hate for it. Okay - it is hard to top Season 1 and 2, but 4 was definitely good and 5 broadened the series again. Not sure about the religious undertones in Season 6 and I guess even a blind man can see where this team of evil gus, a sudent and a mentor is going. That seems to be a low concept for a sixth season if you are anywhere familiar with Dexter's universe
    I'm actually trying to remember what all the seasons were exactly. It's been over a year since I started watching.

Season 1 was "The Ice Truck Killer" bit. Great season.
    Season 2 was "The Bay Harbour Butcher" one. Probably one of my favourite seasons.
    Season 3 was the Jimmy Smits season. Always awesome when he's around. Also had the Skinner plot.
    Season 4 was The Trinity Killer season. Also when Dexter had his son. Pretty good season. Wasn't the one I was thinking of.
    Season 5 was the one with Lumen. I didn't care for this season much.
    Season 6 was the Doomsday Killers season. I didn't like this season much either.

and season 7 is the new one. Okay, got that straight now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much in agreement here. But I prefered Season 5 to Season 3. Maybe because after the awesome 1 and 2 - 3 was a bigger dropoff. Ah well..taste and all that.
    You liked season 5!? That was the only season where I questioned continuing to watch the show. lol

Great start to the new season though. I'm surprised how 'cool' Deb was with finding out about Dexter. Than again, Deb has a thing for falling in love with serial killers, old people, and drunks. I never would have though in a million years that Deb would help cover up Dexter's murder, and now she knows that he has killed hundreds of people, and is the bay harbor butcher.

I don't remember the kids name, the one that is Jamie's boyfriend, but he seems to be a real ass hole. I don't know if he is on to Dexter or if he is just the kind of person who cancels your credit-cards and mails you serial killer items. I get that Dexter was hard on him about the video game and the using his computer bit, but not THAT hard.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-01 at 10:09 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm surprised how 'cool' Deb was with finding out about Dexter. Than again, Deb has a thing for falling in love with serial killers, old people, and drunks. I never would have though in a million years that Deb would help cover up Dexter's murder, and now she knows that he has killed hundreds of people, and is the bay harbor butcher.
    Actually, I found it a little odd that she went along with it so easily. It was out of character for her. If she goes along now that she knows everything I might have a problem with the show.

Personally didn't really enjoy Season 3 & 6, this start of season 7 just makes me anxious for the next episode already, so good!
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Dexter Season 7 - Episode 1 - Are You..?(caution: possible reply spoilers)

Season 7 premiere caught me 100% off guard. I heard a lot of complaints about season 6, despite the fact that I liked it very much; it was hard for me to find people who agreed. Even die hard Dexter fans rated it their least favorite. Anywho, season 7 ep.1 was just amazing to me. From beginning to end, best episode as far as season premieres go for Dexter. It was gut wrenching, eye opening, from start to finish. It was enough stress, almost ulcer inducing. I just want your opinions if you have seen it. What did you all think?

"Face the faith and strength that you once embodied."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Zeine/simple

I can't wait to see the next episodes . Greatest movie series ever , only Spartacus Season 1 I enjoyed it more .

season 6 felt like they had new writers for it and they forgot little details like Deb never found out that rudy was his brother but in s6 she knew that, it was my least favorite season over all, and the lack of dex taking out other killers put me off too.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    season 6 felt like they had new writers for it and they forgot little details like Deb never found out that rudy was his brother but in s6 she knew that, it was my least favorite season over all, and the lack of dex taking out other killers put me off too.
    She did find out. I don't remember in which episodes or even which season but she was looking in to rumors about her dad having an affair and found out that Laura Moser was Dexter's and Brian's mom. And I kinda liked s6. It felt a bit slow at times and it wasn't my favorite but still pretty good compared to most other shows.

On topic; Loved the 1st episode and I have high expectations for this season.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    totally agree. excited for 2nd episode !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    Like what Unknown User said, she finds out in Series 4 that Rudy and Dexter were brothers. She doesn't tell him till S5, I think.

OT: It was an amazing episode, I'm so keen for these final two series.
    It started off so good with him looking like he was escaping, and it ending up like it did.

Keen to find out what the hells up with that guy that his babysitter is dating. Massive Creeper.
    I hope they drop the whole Deb loving Dexter BS, so bad. So very bad.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged to the main Dexter thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched S7E1 and man am i pumped up. I don't expect Deb to forgive him or keep i quiet. Would be interesting to see how this season goes. Also it seems that Bonasera is on Dexter's trail. Between his sister, Bonasera, and the babysitter's boyfriend Dex is getting cornered.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Oh god I'm so happy the show is back on. I'm really, really looking forward to this season. I was a little "squinty eyes" at the final episode, like "where is this gonna go"

But that final 30seconds of the new episode. My god. Heart got all crazy. Ahhh! I'm getting all hyped thinking about it :P
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm praying they don't go back to the Deb has feelings for Dexter storyline, they dropped it completely in the first episode but I'm still afraid they'll go there and make the show unwatchable

I agree with the folks who didn't like seasons 3/6

I'm wary but season 7 hasn't scared me off yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure at some point in this season, Deb is going to bang Dexter. I just feel it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they really aren't related at all yeah? Since Dexter was adopted... unless Harry is his actual father? I don't think they ever said Harry was his biological father did they? Anyways... I just saw way too many hints last episode pointing towards an eventual more than brother sister relationship. I think that could also lead to some more... interesting situations. Deb might see it as a way to help cure his urges. Plus she already had full on wet dreams last season about him, they just got to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha..but she IS his half sister, right? 'cause really I was wondering if they couldn't end up as a couple. Unless it turns out she is adopted after all...
    Dexter is the adopted one. So yes, they could bang and it would be alright, lol. Deb was seeing a therapist who "discovered" that Deb has feeling for Dexter which is why I think she didn't turn him in.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    The computer nerd seems Wat I relaxed with dexter around. Personally I think he knows the code and isn't afraid of dexter because he hadn't committed a murder.
    I don't think he knows anything. I seriously think that he thinks that Dexter is a blood splatter annalist who hates his videogame. If that is the case, he is one lucky fucker that Dexter is currently in serial killer rehab.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 08:12 PM ----------

Ok..I don't think this is a spoiler after 6 seasons..so...Harry (Deb's father) had an affair with Dexter's mom, right? Or did I get it all the wrong way round?
    No, Harry was a police officer who found a little kid covered in his mothers blood at a murder scene and than decided to adopt him. After a little searching it looks like Harry did have an affair with Dexter's mom, but harry is not the father.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-10-09 at 12:18 AM.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... Good episode and all. But what is with the guy blowing another guys brains out in a fucking marina outside of a police station on a sunny day.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Uh... Good episode and all. But what is with the guy blowing another guys brains out in a fucking marina outside of a police station on a sunny day.
    I don't think that marina is close to Miami Metro, I haven't heard of anything about that. He did use a silenced weapon, and I am guessing they noticed that no one but that guy was there. but yea it was in the open, anything could happen.

That episode was great though, I honestly did not think he would die, I believed he would have had a bigger story in this season for sure. One thing I never got is why he sent that hand to Dexter.... as in how would he had known Dexter had any connection to it? I thought that was a clear clue that he knew somewhat of what Dexter whas