Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    ah ok so now sweden is poor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    And where is that ? Must be eastern europe because every country in the west / north and south has English as a mendatory. So no, it's not true for the majority of EU member states.... everyone i know in my life speaks English fluently, this includes those over 70 years old. How the hell can you not know English when 90% + on tv and the Internet is written and spoken in English ?

I've been to Italy and France over a dozen times and never met anyone that didn't speak English.
    Even Eastern Europe has English as mandatory. It's not a shithole. About Italy, i've heard the stereotypes about Italians and French not knowing English are completely false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Even Eastern Europe has English as mandatory. It's not a shithole. About Italy, i've heard the stereotypes about Italians and French not knowing English are completely false.
    The French may learn English, but they hate using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    But it is not the UK making other European countries lose their sovereignty and history.
    It is not Germany or France or Italy or whatever country either. Yet for you the UK is more important than them?

It's as if the UK denies that they're a part of Europe. It's hypocritical, isn't it?
    On one hand we have a British person (Catherine Ashton) projecting power in the EU. On the other hand we have the British denying wanting to be part of it.

Which is it? Seems to me like they only want to take the good and not the bad. But that's not how we're going to have a stable union.
    Germany is making its sacrifices. Meanwhile the UK is too stubborn and selfish to care about the EU. They'd rather want a return of the British Empire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Oh that's right, you where Russian, becuase Finland and Russia have so much in common. Don't they go to bars and have drinks on a daily basis ? Oh wait... what rock have you been living under ?
    Finnic people have been living in russia way longer than the actual russians have. You know nothing of the origins of finno-ugrics, so keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the UK stays out of it, I don't see any problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Finnic people have been living in russia way longer than the actual russians have. You know nothing of the origins of finno-ugrics, so keep your mouth shut.
    Sure, but your previous argument is tantamount to saying even Hungarians aren't Europeans. No one cares where you came from. The only thing that matters is where you are now, both culturally and geographically. My country is mostly inhabited (70%) by descendants of ancient Illyrians, who themselves came here from an area somewhere around Russia 20 000 years ago. Does this mean i'm (if i'm in the 70% group) not a European? If yes, oh well, then Scandinavians aren't Europeans either (they just happen to be the descendants of the same group whose descendants are Illyrians).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Sure, but your previous argument is tantamount to saying even Hungarians aren't Europeans. No one cares where you came from. The only thing that matters is where you are now, both culturally and geographically. My country is mostly inhabited (70%) by descendants of ancient Illyrians, who themselves came here from an area somewhere around Russia 20 000 years ago. Does this mean i'm (if i'm in the 70% group) not a European? If yes, oh well, then Scandinavians aren't Europeans either (they just happen to be the descendants of the same group whose descendants are Illyrians).
    Depends on from where part of the "russia" they originally came from. Finnic peoples were spread all over "russia" all the way to northern china, so thats a bit different. Also I dont know where you got that from that scandinavians arent europeans originally, as they are basically descendants of germans. I consider central, south europeans and scandinavia to be european but finland is different. Finns were never european nor was their culture or language. When someone mentions Europe I think of germany, france, spain, italy, england, civilization, big castles and indo european languages, such as roman, germanic and slavic languages. Finns never had any of those.

Whats left of the finnish culture nowadays is completely different thing.
    Last edited by mmoc614b31b9c1; 2012-10-03 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Depends on from where part of the "russia" they originally came from. Finnic peoples were spread all over "russia" all the way to northern china, so thats a bit different. Also I dont know where you got that from that scandinavians arent europeans originally, as they are basically descendants of germans.
    Scandinavians aren't descendants of Germans. They're descendants of Germanic peoples. Big difference. It's not them though. In the same way Croats came to Illyria in the 7th century, conquered it and established a Slavic state, which, to this day, has a Slavic culture but a predominantly non-Slavic population (originally), the people related to Illyrians that had been living in Scandinavia were conquered by the descendants of Vikings, a Germanic "tribe".

Illyrians and original Scandinavians moved from the area i mentioned in Russia about 20 000 years ago. Indo-Europeans (the European branch being divided onto Germanic, Slavic and Romance peoples) didn't get to Europe until 4500 years ago. It is at this point that a certain Germanic people invaded Denmark and southern Sweden, while changing the population in such a way that it adopted the Germanic culture. Scandinavians, though, genetically, aren't fully Indo-European at all. They're proto European for the most part, same as Illyrians, although both groups can again be traced back to areas practically bordering modern-day Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    No thanks, keep your EU Army. I for one want to see a union of the Anglo countries, Thats the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia. It would be a force to be reckoned with, as well as one heck of a party.
    A part of me definitely gives this idea a "fuck yeah!" I sincerely mean it when I say I love all those countries. I'd love to have closer relations with all of the above, but in all honesty that doesn't sound like it would work very well. I don't really fault any country for wanting to stay autonomous. I think the smaller a nation is the better chance it has to be successful. Low population doesn't guarantee success, but it's much easier to govern 5 million people and get them to agree on policy than it is to get 400+ million to do so (making guesses on the number so I don't have to look up the populations of each country).

I'm definitely down for the party though.

Edit: Oops, I realized you're only talking about combining our military. I don't sleep very well, just ignore everything.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-04 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    For the people against a european nation, are you also against the american nation (united states of america)?
    Americans have a common history,language, and culture that Europeans do not. Californians are a hell of a lot more culturally similar to Alabamans than Germans are to Greeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like bogus to me but if Europe is ever to survive as modern entity in a world of titans such as the US and China it will have to unite or turn back into a third world dump.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Americans have a common history,language, and culture that Europeans do not. Californians are a hell of a lot more culturally similar to Alabamans than Germans are to Greeks.
    Only a Europe of the 6 would work in early stages imo and you're wrong Europeans are closer then you might think but def not more so than your example and that's because state differences are basically meaningless, except for how high you state ranks on the redneck meter maybe.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2012-10-04 at 05:21 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I vote for "The Anglo Alliance".
    France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece will counter the Alliance with their own League of Laziness. Right after they're done with their post-lunch nap, smoke break, and strike.

15+ Year Old Account
    France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece will counter the Alliance with their own League of Laziness. Right after they're done with their post-lunch nap, smoke break, and strike.
    Sad but true... Guess it's what happens when you have too much of a good thing.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha.... this is the NWO. People laugh at people who talk about globalization and new world order. Well its forming and its so fucking obvious.

Oh hows this gonna go? EU is a failure, im sure this one will work as well HAHAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    The NWO will form from failure?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    what's the benefit? loss of democracy, loss of sovereignty, loss of culture are all I can see
    Why is that such a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... This frakking shit again? The people who are looked down the most at the moment in the EU, Greeks, just happen to work the most work hours. Italy is 7 and Portugal 9. So stop your stereotyping and generalizing.

Edit: Oh, and the Dutch and Germans, the ones who tend to complain the most about Greek laziness, just happen to work the least out of all EU Europeans! Scandinavians, who i've also noticed tend to complain about Greek laziness, work the 3rd (Norway), 5th (Denmark) and 10th (Sweden) least.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-10-04 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    As a romanian citizen I'm pretty pissed that cartoons like Barroso and Redding involve in the politics of my country and outright tells us that we can't get rid of our current president even though he's at 10% in popularity and was impeached by 7.5 million people who told him to fuck off, cause the almighty Merkel says so.

When the fuck did Romania become a german colony and the president just a governor at the command of madam Merkel ?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    As a romanian citizen I'm pretty pissed that cartoons like Barroso and Redding involve in the politics of my country and outright tells us that we can't get rid of our current president even though he's at 10% in popularity and was impeached by 7.5 million people who told him to fuck off, cause the almighty Merkel says so.

When the fuck did Romania become a german colony and the president just a governor at the command of madam Merkel ?!?
    I thought the president wasn't removed from office because the number of those that voted for his impeachment on the referendum wasn't equivalent to 50% of the population of the country or more? Sorry, but if that's the case, if it's in your constitution that it has to exceed 50%, it's your own people's fault for not enough of them voting on the referendum. Don't go around blaming Merkel for everything.