Pressure Blizzard to implement MP for Public Games!

I've created a thread on the Official D3 forums here. I'd like people to take a look and contribute if they agree.

Here's my post and a follow-up post.

I'm a slow Meteor Wizard. I have 24% Move Speed, but that is slow. Some of these really good guys on Diablo 3 LFG forums zoom across the map, only stopping to pick up legendaries. So I'm somewhat relegated to Public Games, where people are more apt not to stray off into the distance, being their own one-man wrecking crew, while the rest of us are picking up those Sovereign Vambraces.

And say you don't get one of those guys. Maybe I like being able to pick up a game, do a run, then stop for a while maybe. Or maybe I feel like another run, in which case I can just click a button and BAM, another run!

Monster Power is undeniably something I am going to want to participate in, but I'm disheartened greatly by the announcement that I will not be able to enjoy MP in Public Games. I'm not sure whether Blizzard doesn't understand that making friends with strangers on the Internet, coordinating timezones/availability, juggling the needs and wants of everyone in the group, etc. etc. etc is a pain in the !@#, or the technical aspects are simply too great to overcome, in addition to the complications associated with people showing up at MP levels they don't belong in.

Please reconsider, Blizzard, allowing MP in Public Games. I know it involves coding and magic and goblins are somehow involved, but please make it happen!

This is kind of a serious blow for me. I've already dumped $300 gross into my Wizard, so I'm not going to drop the game like I was going to just before 1.04 brought the game back from the grave, for me.

Like I said, this is a serious problem for me, and I'm not sure how I'm going to reconcile not playing MP like everyone else because I don't have friends who play Diablo 3. It feels like I'm going to really miss out on a cool new feature, and that bothers me a great deal. We aren't talking about vanity pets in WoW, we're talking about real, quantifiable advantages in gameplay.

Finding three other guys who aren't douchebags, and who are right where they should be in terms of gear, in parity with everyone else at the exact MP everyone agrees on, and who can be on at the right times, and stop the farming when someone wants to stop, pick it back up when people are ready to go again... It's ridiculous.

I don't care about attention or views or what the hell ever, I just hope others are with me on this, and maybe if enough people are vocal, we can persuade Blizzard that this is a worthy effort.

Deleted
    They should add at least the possibility to play MP1 in public games so we can play any act and get ilvl63 drops.

Perhaps instead of adding each MP lvl in public games (if that's too much) they should add MP1 MP5 and MP10?

Deleted
    yeah, I agree. I pretty much just play pub games, as I don't know anyone who plays D3 and it's not easy to -find- people to play with. My sort of people anyway. So I shall go and add my support to this, as the announcement there would be no MP option was a big downer for me.

Meh, can't support. Can't post there with an EU account, sowwy.
    Last edited by mmoc2526a559a9; 2012-10-02 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    It only makes sense if people were actually able to create their own games and label them as "MF run 001" or "Questing Act 2" or whatever.

Since it isn't possible to create your own games, it makes sense to not allow MP in public games either. You have no way of knowing what kind of game you're joining.
    Another flaw in Blizzard's 'great' matchmaking design. They thought they had the perfect system to create multiplayer games, but it's so horrible that most people play singleplayer anyway.

Thanks for adding your support guys. It was worth a shot, but it never gained much traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Thanks for adding your support guys. It was worth a shot, but it never gained much traction.
    Probably a good thing. There's few enough public games as it is. Dividing the public-game-playing players by 11 is probably not a particularly good idea.

Edit:
    Since no one in either thread even brought it up, I guess I'll clarify. Let's say that there are 100 total games on D3 right now begining at each of the 'quest stop' possibilities. It would look something like this:

Act I Quest 1 : 100 games
    Act I Quest 2 : 100 games
    Act I Quest 3 : 100 games
    Act I Quest 4 : 100 games
    Act I Quest 5 : 100 games

You sit down at your computer and decide you want to do Act I Quest 2. There are 100 potential games for you to join.

However, with the implementation of your idea it would look like this:

Act I Quest 1 (MP0) : 4 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP1) : 2 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP2) : 8 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP3) : 12 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP4) : 15 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP5) : 6 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP6) : 10 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP7) : 14 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP8) : 4 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP9) : 5 games
    Act I Quest 1 (MP10) : 20 games

Act I Quest 2 (MP0) : 14 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP1) : 11 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP2) : 18 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP3) : 5 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP4) : 0 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP5) : 2 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP6) : 16 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP7) : 13 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP8) : 11 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP9) : 12 games
    Act I Quest 2 (MP10) : 20 games

Etc, etc. You sit down at your computer and decide you want to do Act I Quest 2 (MP6). There are only 16 potential games for you to join.

Hopefully the problem here is pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-02 at 07:43 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Probably a good thing. There's few enough public games as it is. Dividing the playing public by 10 is probably not a particularly good idea.
    That is something I hadn't thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    snip
    Dacien, I like most of your posts. I just can't get behind this one.

This game was short sighted for sure. It was pushed out the door, because people were getting restless. I think it's better for sure. Though, I feel like it's still in beta. Eventually, we will see MP in public games. It just not in the code right now, because it was never meant too be.

So just be patient. That's about it.

The whole system of public games needs to be redefined to allow player created games instead, automatic matching is a fairly poor idea for a game like D3 (hell a bad idea for any game imo). Besides if you play a Wiz using CM public games will be the least of your issues come 1.05.

Good point there, Firecrest.

Did Blizz give any official reason as to why there will be no MP in publics?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Dacien, I like most of your posts. I just can't get behind this one.

This game was short sighted for sure. It was pushed out the door, because people were getting restless. I think it's better for sure. Though, I feel like it's still in beta. Eventually, we will see MP in public games. It just not in the code right now, because it was never meant too be.

So just be patient. That's about it.
    I agree the game was flawed on launch, but 1.04 made critical changes, and 1.05 is continuing in that direction. Just my opinion

But I'm bummed. I'm really digging these public games. The people are 99% of the time really cool. Share a gg or whatever when Azmodan pukes blood. So I'd like to keep doing that with MP enabled.

I can understand that. I can also understand the desire for user created games (as opposed to the current auto assignment). But I don't think either can function in an environment with 11 degress of difficulty. Instead of MP0-10, they probably should have done like MP0-3 or something.

Maybe if you were able to set a MP range upon queueing up for a public game? If you could say, "I'm okay with joining any Act I Quest 5 game with MP 4-8", that could help.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I think player created games would function quite well if the interface for it is done well on both sides, have free form description where the creator can say if he has some specific intents with the game and filter on the joining side to filter MP/quest/act ranges to list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I think player created games would function quite well if the interface for it is done well on both sides, have free form description where the creator can say if he has some specific intents with the game and filter on the joining side to filter MP/quest/act ranges to list.
    This would definitely be a good solution but Blizzard seems to think that queueing and joining with complete random is the way to go. Maybe it is easy and convenient for a lot of people but ultimately, in the long run, being able to make your own games is a much better solution.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back about a week and a half ago... can anyone tell me what this MP is, exactly?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I just came back about a week and a half ago... can anyone tell me what this MP is, exactly?
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7390...otes-10_4_2012

Basically, you get more MF (25% per MP) but the monster's health and damage is increased as you increase the MP. MP0 is the feature turned off and MP10 is the maximum you can get.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7390...otes-10_4_2012

Basically, you get more MF (25% per MP) but the monster's health and damage is increased as you increase the MP. MP0 is the feature turned off and MP10 is the maximum you can get.
    omg... everything about this patch. O_O

Do we have any idea when it is going live?!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    They said they are trying to find a way to implement MP in Public Games. I'm glad they didn't just enable it the same way as single player because it would have been a disaster. I don't know how many Public Games you have going on in the US but in Europe it's always below 1000 and sometimes 400-500. I hope they find a clever way to do it.

Deleted
    There's also the problem that if they don't find a way to activate MP in Public Games, they'll die out anyway. I mean, after you beat Inferno, what's the next logical progression stage? Activate MP 1. If you can't do that in public games, why play them?

I'd rather have fewer pub games per level of MP, than no pub games. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    There's also the problem that if they don't find a way to activate MP in Public Games, they'll die out anyway. I mean, after you beat Inferno, what's the next logical progression stage? Activate MP 1. If you can't do that in public games, why play them?

I'd rather have fewer pub games per level of MP, than no pub games. :P
    Make 'friends' No, really. Instead of joining a PG you just ask in trade/general if anyone wants to farm with you and you will probably get an answer. I play with people I met randomly in the game and it's much better than PG. You can do that until they implement MP in PG and I think you won't go back to PG.

Edit: Oh and you are EU so if you are doing Act 3 runs just add me and I can join you. Necrolicious #2923