Page 5 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Atm it looks like SofT and HotW is the bigest raid benefit but also Single target damage increase if you swap to a casters weapon for those 45 seconds Huriccane and Wrath is doing really good damage.
    oke this is intresting i didnt think spamming wrath was an dps increase.
    so if i take the HotW talent like i did i should find a 45 second moment in a fight where i enquip a caster weapon and then nuke with wrath / hurricane ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    oke this is intresting i didnt think spamming wrath was an dps increase.
    so if i take the HotW talent like i did i should find a 45 second moment in a fight where i enquip a caster weapon and then nuke with wrath / hurricane ?
    Yeah the burst you can be able to so is really good, Oftenly when i start on a boss fight i start out to get Rip Rake and Thrash up with SR ofc then i pop Synapse Springs (Optimal) Potion and then go off with a Wrath spam if there is multi target Hurricane is doing wonders for 45 seconds. Worth pointing out is that FoN is not so much behind on damage from SofT so on short dungeon bosses that you kill rather fast the tree's damage might be better then SofT since we don't really use much finishers during the bosses we pop HotW since 70-80% (Depending on how good other dpses are) you'll be in HotW.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-02 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah the burst you can be able to so is really good, Oftenly when i start on a boss fight i start out to get Rip Rake and Thrash up with SR ofc then i pop Synapse Springs (Optimal) Potion and then go off with a Wrath spam if there is multi target Hurricane is doing wonders for 45 seconds. Worth pointing out is that FoN is not so much behind on damage from SofT so on short dungeon bosses that you kill rather fast the tree's damage might be better then SofT since we don't really use much finishers during the bosses we pop HotW since 70-80% (Depending on how good other dpses are) you'll be in HotW.
    Hurricane is better then thrash, swipe spam? I found a DoC buffed thrash and swipe (with TF) to be VERY powerful AoE, i've not tried HotW as a DPS ability (just as healing) but i guess ill give it a try and see what the numbers are like!

Deleted
    They are insane just saying. Yesterday i ran a sholomance hc and was like: "ahh didnt i read somewhere that hurricane should be pretty strong for AoE, lemme try" I was like sitting on 60k for that trash. Then i did hurricane (clicking on spell in spellbook lol xD) and my dps was like... SEE YOU ABOVE 150k MAGE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Hurricane is better then thrash, swipe spam? I found a DoC buffed thrash and swipe (with TF) to be VERY powerful AoE, i've not tried HotW as a DPS ability (just as healing) but i guess ill give it a try and see what the numbers are like!
    In a long run like dungeons i'd personally use DoC for stable and good damage in AoE. But burst AoE in a boss fight or something like that i can saftely say hurricane with HotW win over DoC buffed Thrash and Swipe. Also it seems like Bear form Thrash was only buffed with 60% and not feral's so i've found out without really testing it, going bear form to put up a thrash is slight increase if you go from cat form when low energy also the adds need to live long enough.

In the coming days i would hopefully update my guide with more information.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-02 at 12:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    and then all mobs turn around and you pop bearform
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Yep, just tested it on the dummy quick. Its clear that Wrath spam seems to work.

Can you imagine going wrath spam for 30 secs on every pull, or even kill a guy in pvp with spell's
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    2/10-2012: Updated reforging geming and damage priority section.
    Still left to do: in dept rotation, clarification on stat priority. And starting up a new projekt with a boss guide section where everyone 10man 25man LFR Normal and Heroic is welcome to post tips on each boss fight.

Thanks for the guide. Just wanna point something out. OP says in the talents section:
    LEVEL 60
    Soul of the Forest This talent is good for stable damage where you use alot of finishers. This talent is required with DoC and not that great with DoC.
    Please clarify and fix this, or am I dense? . Also fixing the million spelling errors and that font would do wonders for your guide.

As for playstyle. I took SOTF & DOC (with NS ofc). I really like the big heals and dmg buff and it's a lot easier to use instant Healing Touch in the rotation while low on energy than add even more cd's, too many cd's in MOP for a lot of classes man. I don't wanna place trees and I don't want an all-inclusive macro either that'll get me passed tank threat lol. I'd try out the Heart of the Wild talent if tanks die too much on me but not to go caster and macro a spellpower weapon, I got a moonkin spec if I wanna cast. I think I'll try out many different combinations though, I leveled as feral for first time (what was I thinking leveling as moonkin before ) and am loving it!

I'd kill for a Incarnation glyph to see that armor!!!

Deleted
    Soul of the Forest; This talent is good for stable damage where you use alot of finishers. This talent is required with low gear if you choice DoC, And would no recommend using it with HotW because you won't use any finishers at all for 45 seconds.
    Corrected and thanks for pointing it out.

have a few comments/questions in no particular order

I'm Currently using a NS/HT Macro for Both offhealing and to proc DoC (I ending up droping DoC for HotW but that's another story), Current one im using is:

/cast Natures swiftness
    /cast Healing touch

What I'm finding is that it often (but not always) puts me out of form. Is anyone able to comment on why this might be?
    I was thinking I maybe trying to cast in on GCD, but i keep forgetting to test it.

Does anyone have a better one?

Also, some encounter specific opinions/suggestions, for the first 3 bosses for those interested.

Stone guard: I ended up dropping DoC for HotW on this fight, while it probably is DPS optimal (particularly with multi dotting) i found it too much of a distraction on what seems be be a more execution focused encounter

Feng : I found DoC is very strong here as you can hard cast HT's when you run during phase 1, i was trying to make sure my SR and dots would last till it was over and if possible 4-5 CPs when XXXX came up so i could run out cast HT and refresh dots as soon as i got back in. but.....once we got to the later phases I ended up specing HotW again to assist with healing.

Spiritbinder: I was going down every second totem, and found Force of nature was the pick for this fight. Spirit world mobs died too fast for finishers and the short CD on FoN plays well with bursting the boss after leaving spirit world. Also used NV for extra burst as this also plays well with the damage buffs.

Which bring me to a question RE: force of nature.
    Is FoN affected by other buffs in particular:

Tigers fury (maybe?)
    Savage roar (maybe? same as TF)
    Natures vigil (yes?)
    Trink procs/Pots (yes?)

and is it a snapshot on cast, or updated dynamically?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    have a few comments/questions in no particular order

I'm Currently using a NS/HT Macro for Both offhealing and to proc DoC (I ending up droping DoC for HotW but that's another story), Current one im using is:

/cast Natures swiftness
    /cast Healing touch

What I'm finding is that it often (but not always) puts me out of form. Is anyone able to comment on why this might be?
    I was thinking I maybe trying to cast in on GCD, but i keep forgetting to test it.

Does anyone have a better one?

Also, some encounter specific opinions/suggestions, for the first 3 bosses for those interested.

Stone guard: I ended up dropping DoC for HotW on this fight, while it probably is DPS optimal (particularly with multi dotting) i found it too much of a distraction on what seems be be a more execution focused encounter

Feng : I found DoC is very strong here as you can hard cast HT's when you run during phase 1, i was trying to make sure my SR and dots would last till it was over and if possible 4-5 CPs when XXXX came up so i could run out cast HT and refresh dots as soon as i got back in. but.....once we got to the later phases I ended up specing HotW again to assist with healing.

Spiritbinder: I was going down every second totem, and found Force of nature was the pick for this fight. Spirit world mobs died too fast for finishers and the short CD on FoN plays well with bursting the boss after leaving spirit world. Also used NV for extra burst as this also plays well with the damage buffs.

Which bring me to a question RE: force of nature.
    Is FoN affected by other buffs in particular:

Tigers fury (maybe?)
    Savage roar (maybe? same as TF)
    Natures vigil (yes?)
    Trink procs/Pots (yes?)

and is it a snapshot on cast, or updated dynamically?
    I've only tested resto FoN on the pre patch where i found out that.
    They do not scale from mastery. They can't be affected by heroism, They do not affect from trinket procs.

For macro
    Code:
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

Deleted
    I've only tested resto FoN on the pre patch where i found out that.
    They do not scale from mastery. They can't be affected by heroism, They do not affect from trinket procs.

For macro
    Code:
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    What exactly does that macro do? And can a mouseover component be added to it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    What exactly does that macro do? And can a mouseover component be added to it?
    change to /cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch if you want it to work as mouse over :-)
    I'm not to far into it but this is the macro i've been using DoC a few times and i've not leaved my form with it.

Deleted
    I'm still trying things out but it seems HotW is pretty potent, i was bursting up to 300/350k crits with wraith and im starting to think BL would be better used with wraith spam O_o

Deleted
    I'm still trying things out but it seems HotW is pretty potent, i was bursting up to 300/350k crits with wraith and im starting to think BL would be better used with wraith spam O_o
    If am trying out Moonfire aswell currently i am only using it when i move and when HotW ends i've not calculated if it is worth the GCD losts to keep moonfire up for the whole duration off HotW.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:26 PM ----------

Updated section on AoE targets.

It is. Wrath spam > everything. If you have a choice between 2 HotWs and 2 berserks or 1 HotWs and 3 berserks, you take the HotWs. And you should use both your pots on HotW not on berserk.

If am trying out Moonfire aswell currently i am only using it when i move and when HotW ends i've not calculated if it is worth the GCD losts to keep moonfire up for the whole duration off HotW.
    Moonfire should not be a DPS gain stand still as it only does base damage as a feral. If you have to move for at least one GCD, then sure, you might as well hit Moonfire.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1usmwn9fy80yyycp/ theres our Elegon kill, pretty insane when i crit 1.4m with wraith!

Deleted

This is calculated with a 10min test aka being able to use HotW twice, Within a 6min aka that you use it once and end the fight right when it was available Crit ended up the same value as haste. We still need to look at if HotW is the best talent to pick in a fight length of 5-6mins.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-06 at 08:06 PM.