Pet getting killed in seconds

Anybody else notice that there demon (Felguard) was getting killed within seconds against any boss? I don't run Omen but do you think it is a possible threat table issue? Sort of annoying if I have to resummon my demon every 5 seconds at the start of a pull.

do you have threatening presence turned off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your title scared the shit out of me!

lol,.....@Mizzow,... s for threatening presence,...I could have sworn I turned it off but im not home and can't verify. I'm hoping I somehow derped and left it on though.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to both turn off the TP aura and turn off the TP auto-cast, it's a two step process.

Makes sense,....I probably didn't do one or the other,.....was a late raid night yesterday :/

Yeah I ran into this back on an end times run, nothing like doing an end game justice point run and feeling like a level 15 huntard in their first dungeon.

Yea pets are pretty squishy, thank god we got GoSac.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have had no problems with my pets taking aggro or getting killed.
    As long as you scrupulously turn off Threatening Presence, your pet should not die. Using GoSac just because you can't manage to turn off an autocast ability is like swatting at a fly with castiron skillet. Now if you want to fry eggs, , , that's something else.

anyway, for soloing, the Voidwalker is very durable, he is tough as nails. and should be your go to soloing pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i have had no problems with my pets taking aggro or getting killed.
    As long as you scrupulously turn off Threatening Presence, your pet should not die. Using GoSac just because you can't manage to turn off an autocast ability is like swatting at a fly with castiron skillet. Now if you want to fry eggs, , , that's something else.

anyway, for soloing, the Voidwalker is very durable, he is tough as nails. and should be your go to soloing pet.
    I've found Felguard....lacking....in comparison when soloing, but he's too good on AoE and has a stun/interupt the Voidlord does not have, so I've been reluctant to not use him in Demo. Healing him up and him dying to certain solo pulls ( daily at Whitepetal lake where you have Mogu with a few enslaved Saurok for instance, the pack of 4 at the lake's edge got him on both occasions I took them out, while with Voidlord you get through it unscathed, if slightly low on health) are getting annoying as hell.

I've been using wrathguard and have not been having problems. Combined we roll single mobs and he might loose 1/3rd of its life, against 2 enemies I usually have to heal him once unless I have full fury and I can metamorph them down quickly. When against 3+ enemies I have to stick to healing my wrathguard while using alchemy potions and stones to keep my health up. If I have full fury I can do aoe damage while healing my wrathguard. Yesterday I aggro'd 7 level 90 mobs in dreadwastes and put them all down quickly with wrathguard spinning, summoning the aoe demon, metamorph + hellfire + aoe life drain and hand of Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah I ran into this back on an end times run, nothing like doing an end game justice point run and feeling like a level 15 huntard in their first dungeon.
    Lmao. So true.

Back when it was bugged when the 5.0 talents were introduced, the threat for the Wrathguard was retarded, I was in a DS and our DK tank said, "F*ck it. I'm done. Your pets threat is retarded." and all of the sudden the other tank piped in, "I was afraid I was doing something wrong."

I have no idea how my pet survived for most of the night, but it did. Went Affliction the next night to fix the issue.