Thread: Elegon...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    ...maybe you can extract information that I am unable to see within the garbage.
    Yeah, make your dps try harder.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are seriously bitching about a moderately-tuned fight...and they're attempting it in full blue gear?

Heaven forbid we can't clear a full dungeon in week one! Don't make us collect a couple weeks worth of gear from previous bosses to make up for our lack of skill!

Again, shining examples of the soft-as-shit average player.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    People are seriously bitching about a moderately-tuned fight...and they're attempting it in full blue gear?

Heaven forbid we can't clear a full dungeon in week one! Don't make us collect a couple weeks worth of gear from previous bosses to make up for our lack of skill!

Again, shining examples of the soft-as-shit average player.
    There are two schools of thought at play here. Yours, which is a raid shouldn't be cleared in a week and you should have to gear up first. And, all raids should be clear-able with the gear you can have when the raid is released provided your players play smart enough.

This is a NORMAL raid, NOT heroic. Therefore I believe the raid should be tuned to the second school of thought. It should be possible provided you execute the mechanics correctly. A heroic raid should require you to gear up for a few weeks to meet the DPS requirement but not a normal. Normals should be about learning the tactics. LFR accomplishes this quite well but since LFR launches a week later and requires a high Ilevel that most casuals won't have for a while (different problem) it does not work well in this instance. Also, this is the first raid of the tier, it should not require you to gear up for weeks to down bosses, especially when the 2nd and 3rd raids are being released in 2 weeks. Again, we are talking about normal and not heroic. The above does not apply to heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There are two schools of thought at play here. Yours, which is a raid shouldn't be cleared in a week and you should have to gear up first. And, all raids should be clear-able with the gear you can have when the raid is released provided your players play smart enough.

This is a NORMAL raid, NOT heroic. Therefore I believe the raid should be tuned to the second school of thought. It should be possible provided you execute the mechanics correctly. A heroic raid should require you to gear up for a few weeks to meet the DPS requirement but not a normal. Normals should be about learning the tactics. LFR accomplishes this quite well but since LFR launches a week later and requires a high Ilevel that most casuals won't have for a while (different problem) it does not work well in this instance. Also, this is the first raid of the tier, it should not require you to gear up for weeks to down bosses, especially when the 2nd and 3rd raids are being released in 2 weeks. Again, we are talking about normal and not heroic. The above does not apply to heroics.
    But clearly, Elegon has been killed in the first week - which means it's doable, if you follow the proper tactic and execute the mechanics correctly... Right? That some people do not have the skill level to manage this without more gear, in no way means that it can't be killed in the gear you have been able to gather from the first week, it means that they are unable to do so and either need to improve themselves or their gear further.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    But clearly, Elegon has been killed in the first week - which means it's doable, if you follow the proper tactic and execute the mechanics correctly... Right? That some people do not have the skill level to manage this without more gear, in no way means that it can't be killed in the gear you have been able to gather from the first week, it means that they are unable to do so and either need to improve themselves or their gear further.
    It has been killed by the absolute top tier guilds, yes. But I think the amount that have done it is very small. Also, isn't this the 4th boss in the raid of 6? Not familiar with this raid yet and have not tried it. What is currently going on with this boss is what people are asking for in heroic raids. Something that only the top guilds can do. Again, this is a normal raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fight will be trivialized in 2 weeks when people are more appropriately geared and the halfwits calling for nerfs already will go silent.

Heaven forbid Blizzard offers any kind of challenge at all in a normal mode raid environment.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

it took the top guild on my realm almost a month to clear normal modes in t11 and they were still top200 25man, people are too used to being overgeared from previous tier heroic items. raids are supposed to be this "hard", not to be facerolled in the first couple of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people complaining about this are the same people who caused blizzard to shit their pants and realize they made a horrible mistake on cata and tried to scrap the xpac as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It has been killed by the absolute top tier guilds, yes. But I think the amount that have done it is very small. Also, isn't this the 4th boss in the raid of 6? Not familiar with this raid yet and have not tried it. What is currently going on with this boss is what people are asking for in heroic raids. Something that only the top guilds can do. Again, this is a normal raid.
    The fight is killable by any guild in the currently available gear--but it may take some guilds a little bit to get the execution down. Most guilds are wiping because either A: They are executing on the mechanics incorrectly B: They are undergeared/not enchanted/etc and they need to go back to heroic dungeons or C: They are bringing too many healers to a dps check fight.

Deleted
    Yeah that's true, two pages of people that never pulled the fight telling me to read the dungeon journal was extremely helpful, no idea why I wasn't more friendly. Thanks for your insights, you make a good argument!

Pretty sure there wasn't a single useful post in the two pages of drivel, but like I said in the post I don't know what I was looking for considering only about 50 guilds have even seen the fight, although as someone that seems to write in drivel yourself maybe you can extract information that I am unable to see within the garbage.
    You really have perfected the art of being a douchebag haven't you?

It's just incredibly tight, requires precision orb killing, and no fuck ups, purely because we're not really in quite high enough gear to deal with it.
    It will most likely be nerfed a bit unfortunately, but it's perfectly fine being tight in my opinion. Shouldn't be a pushover by any means, it's a challenge, challenges are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    i came here in hopes of lore...i leave in disappointment with BS QQ that a gear check boss in first week is "hard"

Not sure anyone in this forum has actually killed him but I was wondering what an optimal setup would be. I believe the fight can be 1 tanked but it wasn't advised on beta. 2 heals are looking to be necessary as well. Also looks like another fight that will benefit bringing ranged. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    Not sure anyone in this forum has actually killed him but I was wondering what an optimal setup would be. I believe the fight can be 1 tanked but it wasn't advised on beta. 2 heals are looking to be necessary as well. Also looks like another fight that will benefit bringing ranged. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
    You have to 2 tank it, otherwise your tank will never get to reset his stacks. 2 tanks 2 healers and good burst dps.
    Ranged is favored yes, but still doable with melee. Not going into what our specific strat was, but you can still have melee reset their stacks consistently without much of a dps loss.

Deleted
    According to my thread here the fight is fine but not a single guild that is currently 4/6 read the dungeon journal, so problem solved!
    You didn't read the dungeon journal either. You came across as a horrible person in that thread, I hope you don't treat your friends or fellow raiders like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomitory View Post
    You didn't read the dungeon journal either. You came across as a horrible person in that thread, I hope you don't treat your friends or fellow raiders like that.
    The kid had no idea how to formulate a working strat to kill it, he just looked at the HP and assumed it was bugged then insulted everyone who told him it was fine. These are the kind of people you think of when the term elitist is thrown around.

So I think what a lot of this 'nerf Elegon' cryout is coming from is Dragon Soul. With the rolling nerfs to the instance more and more guilds were doing heroics. Now these guilds are used to doing heroics, even if they aren't the highest caliber of player. Now that a new expansion is out, everyone wants to clear normal in the first week so they can start heroic right away the next week.

Everyone that's crying for an Elegon nerf is just worried they won't clear the instance this week and be able to start Heroics next week. But let me say this, if you're struggling on Elegon normal mode and simply cannot kill him, you will have no chance on heroic mode bosses and will need to farm normals more. So nerfing Elegon may get you an Elegon kill but it won't give you the skills you need to defeat heroic modes.

Anyone calling for a nerf this week will be disappointed. Blizzard will not nerf something on the first week. Some guilds only raid Tuesday Wednesday. So if Elegon go nerfed mid week all those guilds would be shortchanged. If a nerf comes in, it will not be until next week. The real hardcore guilds will be doing heroics anyway, so the nerf will go out and the next wave of semi-hardcore guilds can clear normal and move onto heroics.

For people working on Elegon currently, all I can say is really do absolutely everything you can for dps output. Do your dailies everyday and dungeons and make sure you have the best gear you can possibly have going in. BoE epics are great, Direbrew trinkets or even the Hc dungeon trinkets. Sha of Anger loot, the other world bosses. Every piece of loot anyone in your raid gets brings you that much closer to killing him. If your dps is low, try stretching the amount of stacks people take before they drop them. Its a give and take with your healers, take your stacks to as high as possible without people dying.

Also try working on orb killing efficieny. Killing an extra set of orbs is an entire 10% dmg for the whole raid. I see a lot of guilds just putting all 6 dps on their own orb and then eventually one of the casters with slow burst dmg lets on through. Think about working together in 2 teams of 3, 1 team on each side. They can be cleaved heavily at the start and multi dotting short duration dots is a great help as well.

Essentially, if you think the fight is overtuned, we've heard you. Blizzard has heard you. Great. Now there is nothing you can do except refine your strategy and eek out all the DPS you can. Even if blizzard decides to nerf it, you'll still need a crapton more DPS for heroic I'm sure so get your execution down and focus on DPS. Don't worry about anything out of your control.

Goodluck clearing normal and preparing for Heroic. I personally can't wait to see how crazy Elegon is on heroic. I'm sure we'll see this post duplicated for Heroic Elegon in a month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyryte View Post
    snip.
    A nice breath of fresh air for MMO-C forums.

Reader's Digest version: learn to play

Everytime I read a thread like that I laugh. "We spent 2 hours trying to beat it in the first week, fuck this needs a nerf!!"
    Be glad none of you raided in EQ. I remember spending a months on a single zone in the KodTaz/Yxtta/Ikkinz/Uqua/Qvic/Inku'ta/Txevu/Tacvi GoD expansion. I remember spending a week just learning to pull the first damn room in the zone.
    Welcome to the instant gratification generation. Pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It being doable does not mean its correctly tuned for a normal mode, normal mode should be more about being able to execute the tactics then meeting insane dps requirements, that is what heroic mode is for, being able to execute tactics while maintaining high dps at the same time
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-10-04 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    It being doable does not mean its correctly tuned for a normal mode, normal mode should be more about being able to execute the tactics then meeting insane dps requirements, that is what heroic mode is for, being able to execute tactics while maintaining high dps at the same time
    This is how hard normal modes should be. Don't like it? LFR is over there, have fun.

OT: It's basically been said a hundred times already, Elegon is hard, play smarter.
    Last edited by voltaa; 2012-10-04 at 06:19 PM.