Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Well, as I also wrote somewhere, I think actually in the same post you quoted, Cataclysm pissed off a large chunk of players. People didn't only lose interest, they also lost faith in the company. Do remember that they did to a complete turn-around during the expansion, and that's obviously going to upset people and hurt their trust. It won't be easy convincing those people to come back.

That's why I'm saying I find 900k regained(if that is what happened), a healthy chunk at this point. Admitedly, I found it to be more than I was expecting.

My next point is, also stated before. It's been considered a major loss if they lose 800k during a quarter, yet this quarter where they regained 900k, it's a tiny gain not worthy mention. Sure, we had a new expansion released, but above point still stand regarding that... the expansion was also released 5 days before the quarter ended... and we know nothing of the next two quartery reports yet. It really can go both ways. Maybe people sitting on the fence will return, or maybe a lot of those who gave it another chance will yet again leave. We don't know that, but I am sure we have a lot more fence-sitters this time around than we had before... due to how upsetting many found Cataclysm. Then we have those that have completely given up, or just feel done.
    The reason it's such a minimal gain, is that it's set against the backdrop of almost three million subscribers lost.

I can guarantee you it would be hailed as quite the opposite if we were still sitting pretty, and hadn't lost all of those folks. Other than that, I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    You mentioned before in this thread you don't care about the sales. You continue to be negative yet apparently you do not care about the sales.. so why are you continuing to bring doom and gloom on the sales.

Sales.. sales...sales.. oh yeah. You don't care about them
    Suddenly explaining myself is caring entirely too much.

News at 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So I am not a math wiz, but how do you get from 2.7mil to 10mil?
    One million players came back and 2.7 million bought the expansion. It isn't rocket science.

Deleted
    What are 3/4 WoW players doing without expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Yeah cause I'm deliberately making up the fact that we once had twelve million subscribers, and that we're still at a net loss.

Such a biased argument indeed.
    That's pretty much it though. Your 'argument' is essentially: "this number small than this number, tadah everything crap". Which...well it's not a great approach to statistical analysis. Especially with something like an MMO, where expansion sales are reliant on a lot of other factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly explaining myself is caring entirely too much.

News at 11?
    As Darth has mentioned, tone it down. Since I don't want to get a ban I will be leaving this thread that you are negative in all the time and leave it a that. I hope others have learned not to take you seriously any more. Good day sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    That's pretty much it though. Your 'argument' is essentially: "this number small than this number, tadah everything crap". Which...well it's not a great approach to statistical analysis. Especially with something like an MMO, where expansion sales are reliant on a lot of other factors.
    Dude, It's a net loss still? I don't get why suddenly it's not. When did we break even, and why didn't anyone tell me?

Sorry, but this Conscious guy gets under your skin.
    Yeah dude, I have that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You can't be serious. How can you consider 2.7 million in a week selling like shit? One day, one week, there's not much of a difference there. I said it earlier in this thread, I doubt that the sales between the first day and the first week of the other expansions was anything spectacular. This theory is supported by the monthly sales.

2.7 million in a week can not be considered selling like shit. If you really think so you've got a screw loose.
    Every other WoW expansion's first day sales would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I want to remind everyone to keep this civil. I've already infracted a few of you - tone it down.
    The steel hammer hath spoken. Grovel at his knees you filthy serfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Would have been higher if they didn't just forget to add content for a year.

It did pretty well considering a major competitor just came out also.
    Buy to play games aren't competition. Never have been never will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    The steel hammer hath spoken. Grovel at his knees you filthy serfs.
    Ehh... not worthy, not worthy, etc.

n.n

As Darth has mentioned, tone it down. Since I don't want to get a ban I will be leaving this thread that you are negative in all the time and leave it a that. I hope others have learned not to take you seriously any more. Good day sir.
    See you around buddy :>

Deleted
    Fair play thats good. 2.7mil people playing curent content.

But unless they add back in rep tabards, and remove (or at least completely rework) CRZ I cant see it lasting.

Sigh.

Could we just lock this thread.

I've seen a maximum of 10 posts that are actually logical and not fully opinion based nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Sigh.

Could we just lock this thread.

I've seen a maximum of 10 posts that are actually logical and not fully opinion based nonsense.
    All of which are mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Being the best of the worst doesn't make it good.
    Tier 11 was one of the best tiers period. Even most of the raiders jaded by Cata raiding have said this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cause I'm deliberately making up the fact that we once had twelve million subscribers, and that we're still at a net loss.

Such a biased argument indeed.

If it sold those within 24hrs, I wouldn't be saying it sold like shit.

Because that implies it's initial 24hrs sales were probably less than 2.7 million. Sold. Like. Shit.
    What I don't get, Conscious, is why you are comparing it to an expansion who held the record of the fastest selling PC game of all time in a single day until Diablo 3. All the other expansions raised the bar for this record, too, but these numbers are crap simply because it did not break any sale records? Which was also kind of expected? I mean, I can agree with you once a month has passed and the sales are not nearly on par with the other expansions when comparing the sales over a month, but now? Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but this Conscious guy gets under your skin.
    He's like Gollum in the way he evidently hates WoW but can't seem to stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    What are 3/4 WoW players doing without expansion?
    Either they are from china and arnt included in the cata sales, or they are subbed but not currently playing, taking a break, quit waiting for AP to run out, or playing but cant afford MoP atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Tier 11 was one of the best tiers period. Even most of the raiders jaded by Cata raiding have said this.
    I did love tier 11, but I quit after it

Every other WoW expansion's first day sales would like a word with you.
    What word? How is this a refute to what I wrote? You're flip flopping on your arguments here. Again you're going back to if it didn't sell more then it sold like crap. 2.7 million is not selling like crap. Again it sold more in a week than GW2 sold in a month. It sold more in a week than most other MMOs have ever sold. You can say it didn't sell as much as you expected. You can say that it didn't sell as much as it should have but to say that 2.7 million copies is selling like shit just makes you look like a moron.

Deleted
    Does this mean that the number of US and EU wow players is only about 2.7Million? And the rest are Chinese?