Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    Pretty much going exactly as predicted by the so called "haters". Initial burst followed by a steep decline in the coming quarters. Most of these people like the one you quoted had ridiculous predictions of 3 or 4 million 1 day sales. And now are celebrating 2.7 million in one week. I had predicted 2 million one day sales which is probably spot on. I doubt one day numbers are ever released due to how attrocious they are(compared to prior expansions), but am satisifed knowing like usual I am probably right.
    You people have been saying this crap for going on 2 years now. It is always "next quarter" when the steep decline starts. No one is buying your line of bullshit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Sorry guys, as much as i like WoW, i have to say i agree with Conscious on this one.

Don't get me wrong, selling 2,7 million in a week and subs up to 10m is good indeed, but it still shows something and you can deny it as much as you wan't, but people have started to lose interest in the game, either it be because of them playing the game for so long or losing faith in Blizzard. The only thing that these sales show are recovery. Also, because they do not show day 1 sales we can assume the sales weren't near the sales Blizzard expected, instead they give us 1 week sales, which kinda tells us something and to those who said "WoW is dead," no, it's not, but neither is it fully revived and more like people from this forum thought.
    Frankly, there's a lot of unrealistic political / wall street-esque spin being put on these sales numbers. Given all that's happened to this game in the past year, including consistent quarters of sub losses, an undeniably LONG length of time with no new content post-DS, and other external factors, I'd actually call these sales figures surprisingly healthy (though it does make me wonder about overall active subscription numbers, if they're claiming that about 1/4 of total subscriptions now own MoP).

You can't deny that there are likely a lot of unsubbed players who are still on the fence about this expansion, perhaps to be brought back if an upcoming patch is deemed stellar. But somehow viewing MoP as a failure because it hasn't outsold Cata, or hasn't pushed subs back up to where they were at peak, is just delusional.

For the "kiddie" part, even though MoP is nothing like a kiddie game, people won't be thinking that the game is really dark and has lot's of bloodshed in it when they walk past the box cover and see a panda smiling, as badass as he looks.
    Yeah, because its definitely this:

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/1605...OXkVqc561C.jpg
    And not this:

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/d/d7/...Glenn_Rane.jpg
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 05:29 PM. Reason: no big images, please

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! The game has no sub, and is approaching 3 million sold copies. Hardly treading water, they have more than made back their investment and then some.
    And so has Blizzard not that anyone will admit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Conscious always shows up in sub number threads to crap on WoW and spread doom and gloom. The weird thing is I think I saw in another thread that he bought MoP. Go figure.
    Funny how that works huh. I actually like Mists.

The sales were still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Ouch, sold less than Wrath did.

That can't be good :<

I took the liberty of highlighting this so you'll take your own advice and get your shit together.

ToR is far from dead. I hate to break it to you.

And GW2 is anything but treading water. I don't know where you got that from, but it seems you're just saying it to make yourself feel better?

WoW gained back 900,000. Nice. But it needs, and I stress needs to not lose those by next quarter. Or we're screwed once again.

Also, please don't quote Romney if you're only going to screw it up and make yourself look bad.
    The only people who look bad here are people like you who are clearly butthurt the game isn't dying despite your repeated claims of the game having been destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Maybe people wouldn't "provoke" arguments if the mods infracted those creating the arguments rather than banning those who dare to stand up to the nonsense.
    Slightly off-topic, but standing up to them doesn't really mean swearing at them. That's basicly what you did, even though you didn't really use any typical swear-words .

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people who look bad here are people like you who are clearly butthurt the game isn't dying despite your repeated claims of the game having been destroyed.
    Okay dude, because I wasn't arguing sales numbers or anything.

Because I was totally advocating the game's demise. Even tho I'm playing it right now.

Huh.

Except they weren't.

And yes, yes you are advocating the game's demise. You're playing the game of very blatantly implying it, while then going back and hiding behind the fact that you didn't explicitly say it.

Deleted
    And so has Blizzard not that anyone will admit it.
    So in essence the initial sale of MoP is less than in Wrath and Cata? That's a decline in my book right there but we all know that the next few months will be the real test.
    Last edited by mmoc6cf872d270; 2012-10-04 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing with this, if these figured were for any other game, people would see it as a huge success. But because its wow and wow has its collection of doomsayers, of course it must be a flop.
    Blizzard games used to have way higher standarts than most other games. Not so much for their latest games trough, even Diablo 3 was a mediocore game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Except they weren't.
    Except it took them a week to generate 2.7 in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzard games used to have way higher standarts than most other games. Not so much for their latest games trough, even Diablo 3 was a mediocore game :P
    I think calling it 'mediocre' is letting it off too easy imo. But that's an entirely different forum.

Except, as pointed out previously, 2% more of the player-base bought MoP than the Cataclysm player-base bought that expansion. But fine, keep ignoring anything but the big shiny number and pretending that you can just unequivocally compare them.

Except it took them a week to generate 2.7 in sales.
    Which isn't shit except in your biased world where WoW is garbage and is dying. Do we really have to quote the person's comment in the last page about percentages?

Math is difficult.

You live in the world where unless the game does phenomenally its a failed launch, and whenever it declines in the slightest, its dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing with this, if these figured were for any other game, people would see it as a huge success. But because its wow and wow has its collection of doomsayers, of course it must be a flop.
    There's a lot of that.

Left behind in all of this is how much profit Blizzard is making on the dramatic increase in digital sales. Of course that would be good news so those that really only hang around to criticize won't talk about that. This is the same as refusing to acknowledge that first-day or first-week expansion sales when you have a player population that's some significant percentage smaller than 20 months ago are very likely to be less as well. Holidays are coming up which is another thing that people with agendas aren't really talking about. Expansion sales in November-December are somewhat different animals than expansion sales in September-October. Sales for months 3 and 4 are likely to be better than in the past for months 3-4, especially if they drop 5.1 and it's a decent addition to the game.

At the end of the day though the game goes on with 8-10 million players which is pretty remarkable for an eight-year-old game. If Blizzard can (at last) figure out how to deliver updates on a faster basis it may bring more people back over the longer term than otherwise.

Overall, I'd say they did OK with the first week. Not astounding but not terrible either. And for profits, I'm guessing they're very pleased.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Which isn't shit except in your biased world where WoW is garbage and is dying. Do we really have to quote the person's comment in the last page about percentages?

Math is difficult.
    That entire wall of text fails to realize that it took them a week to generate those sales. Which deflates the entire argument.

Also what world of bias and WoW dying?

I'm playing the fucking game right now lol?

If it wasn't in a net decline, then I wouldn't say it's declining. That's right, it is declining.

I'm playing the fucking game right now lol?
    Playing the game doesn't absolve you of what you're doing. But its cute that you think it does.

That entire wall of text fails to realize that it took them a week to generate those sales. Which deflates the entire argument.
    No, it really doesn't. Except to you.

If it wasn't in a net decline, then I wouldn't say it's declining. That's right, it is declining.
    Only a biased person says a sub increase is a decline. How long are you going to hold onto the 12 million figure from late Wrath? Are we going to be comparing the 6th expansion with the 12 million mark, and if its not reached it, its declining? Nobody looks at figures like that outside of a biased party looking to bash something.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I know we're trying to be nice, but can we get some infractions going here. The debate has become "forget your ideas, mine are right."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the game doesn't absolve you of what you're doing. But its cute that you think it does.

No, it really doesn't. Except to you.
    I don't care if it absolves me of anything. Despite what you want to think, I'm merely pointing out bad sales.

People are just blatantly ignoring numbers, why I don't know.

Otherwise, you're just projecting nothing at this point and it's getting kind of embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I know we're trying to be nice, but can we get some infractions going here. The debate has become "forget your ideas, mine are right."
    That goes both ways chief.

Otherwise, you're just projecting at this point and it's getting kind of embarrassing.
    --REMOVED--

Don't post video spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 06:03 PM.