Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    How are people praising this? Can anyone justify not being worried that not even a third of the Subscribers have bought the MoP? That's really bad news, not good news.
    • Less than half the subs at the time TBC launched bought the expansion in the the first month. (8 Million Subs, 3.5 Million sold)
    • About a quarter of total subs bought WotLK in the first month. (11+ million subs, 4 Million sold)
    • Less than half the total subs bought Cata in the first month (11 million subs, 4.7 million sold)

So no. Sales of MoP are almost perfectly in line with sales figures from previous expansions. Quit looking for bad news where there isn't any. Or to put it another way, a lack of record setting sales does not mean the sales numbers are disastrous.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Not worried in the slightest. 3 hour queue to log on my server proves otherwise.
    Does, Your Server is restricted to XXXX Players so You have a Qeue from time to time, mean that MoP is awesome and has Millions of Players? So having a Qeue means everything is more than fine? And Blizz is not down-adjusting the Playerlimit per each Server, so the Player thinks, wow! a Qeue, MoP is awesome! ... I`m just guessing ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Not worried in the slightest. 3 hour queue to log on my server proves otherwise.
    What kind of idiotic logic is that? You justify not even a third of subscribers buying MoP by saying there are que's on a few servers? WTH is wrong with you, seriously? Think before you speak... or type in this case.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by LollYPoPP View Post
    Does, Your Server is restricted to XXXX Players so You have a Qeue from time to time, mean that MoP is awesome and has Millions of Players? So having a Qeue means everything is more than fine? And Blizz is not down-adjusting the Playerlimit per each Server, so the Player thinks, wow! a Qeue, MoP is awesome! ... I`m just guessing ^^
    I think your tinfoil hat might be on a bit too tight.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, to my understanding

The Burning Crusade - 2.4M First Day
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8M First Day
    Cataclysm - 3.3M First Day
    MOP- 2.7M in First Week

700k sales in day one seems pretty accurate
    Last edited by Fiddycen; 2012-10-04 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    I did not buy This expansion.

If a player, whom have played Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cataclysm, can say that this is as good as TBC and Vanilla, and that it is much better than Wrath, then that would be proof enough for me to start playing wow again.

Any takers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    The comments here are absolutely disgusting and without any thought.

There are still people saying WoW is dying because it "only" sold 2,7M xpacs in a week WITHOUT Asia. Last time i checked everybody went crazy over the success of GW2's 2M in a week. WoW has 10 million active subscribers, even if 7 million would cancel right now, it would still be the biggest MMO, unbelievable.
    The only disgusting thing in this thread are comments like this, actually. I see nobody in this thread saying that WoW is dead. I rather see dozens of people pretending that's the case and thus proceeding to bash their immaginary foe. It's called straw man argument: pretending that someone is supporting some extreme position just to have it easy at bashing it. Congratulations.

Someone is just suggesting that these numbers are not that good for WoW, which is very different. As a matter of fact this is so far the worst selling expansion in WoW history. If you don't want to listen to that, that's your choice, but avoid similar insults, which are unacceptable. Moreover, bashing GW2 is not going to make WoW better in any way. Quite the contrary, but that's again certainly something you don't want to hear.
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2012-10-04 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlash View Post

If a player, whom have played Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cataclysm, can say that this is as good as TBC and Vanilla, and that it is much better than Wrath, then that would be proof enough for me to start playing wow again.

Any takers?
    Don't buy it. You should just stick to playing your Hello Kitty Island Adventure game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    Don't buy it. You should just stick to playing your Hello Kitty Island Adventure game.
    and you should stick to playing your Kungfu Panda island Adventure game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    I take it you are trying to provoke me and I will not bite

What expansion someone likes is purely subjective, and if MoP is not like vanilla/TBC but much more like Wrath/Cata then that does NOT mean that WoW is a bad game, it only means that it's not a game for me

I was simply asking if someone could validate whether or not the game is more like the one than the other.

Deleted
    I probably would still play WoW, if they would not have invented this Panda shit...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    • Less than half the subs at the time TBC launched bought the expansion in the the first month. (8 Million Subs, 3.5 Million sold)
    • About a quarter of total subs bought WotLK in the first month. (11+ million subs, 4 Million sold)
    • Less than half the total subs bought Cata in the first month (11 million subs, 4.7 million sold)

So no. Sales of MoP are almost perfectly in line with sales figures from previous expansions. Quit looking for bad news where there isn't any. Or to put it another way, a lack of record setting sales does not mean the sales numbers are disastrous.
    Pretty much. WoW expansions have allllllllways, in the first month, sold far fewer than the total number of active subscribers. Considering WoW lost millions of subs last expansion the fact that MoP sold so well says quite a bit. It's actually stronger than I figured it would be. As much as the corporate side of Blizzard annoys me I have to congratulate them on strong sales after a disappointing end to the previous expansion. It's impressive.

I'm actually a little concerned that people are surprised that the number of expansions sold is lower than subscriber numbers. It's always been that way, I mean, always. We have this discussion every time an expansion's numbers are released.

Quote Originally Posted by LollYPoPP View Post
    I probably would still play WoW, if they would not have invented this Panda shit...
    You're not missed.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... 7,3 million players are still playing the game, but do not play MoP? What the actual fuck?

L. @ people who think the reference to a week or day matters. As if 3 millions copies were actually sold immediately, and we're not pre -orders in stores , and as if the new digital orders were not sold well before the first week.

The measure of time is irrelevant until a month out...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so if you take into account the people who bought mop, which is current content and the only content that matters now, It's not that far off from Rift, GW2, and SWTOR day 1. makes them look a lot more equal on the playing field. sure wow has 10m subs but if 2.7m have mop, those are the ones that matter, if they leave THEN we can justify mop as not working out well.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit wow over a year ago, and have no interest in coming back. BUT, I think the sub numbers stay steady is because a lot of people are so invested in wow, they fear leaving for too long because they don't want to fall behind in progression, gear, whatever. A few years ago, my wife and I took a 6 month break, and when we came back we were so far behind the rest of our guild, and with the content it was frustrating trying to catch up.

I'm happy wow is still doing well, it causes other mmos to innovate, make tweaks to their games, raise the bar. Wow, really, has not changed in 8 years... all the same ideas, concepts and mechanics are still the same as they were in vanilla. Sure some things have been added, but at it's root, it's still a stand there and exchange blows with an enemy, imbalanced pvp, and a gear grind. Some people like those things and that's fine.

I think mmos coming out now have had to alter the way you approach their games as to spark interest in new concepts, ideas, and game play styles. I was a huge fan girl for SWTOR, but after 6 months in closed beta with nothing changing, buggy worlds, and same old same old game play, i left after the first months. BW didn't seem to be getting any of MY bug reports..since none of them were ever fixed.

As I said, mmos coming out HAVE to alter the game (if even by a little). I think GW2 has a lot of great things going for it, but it isn't meant to compete with wow... it's a different direction in game. Wildstar has some interesting things going for it... it seems like everytime i check in on that game there's something new going on, or some change to it's systems.

I think wow doing so well is good for the industry as a whole... but i fear not going ftp in the next few years will hurt it in the long run. Games like GW2 being btp, to me, has changed my outlook on mmos. The quality is certainly there, at no extra cost to me. Time will tell, i don't claim to know what Blizz has planned, but if the rumors are true about Titan being a fpsmmo, i won't even LOOK at it (not my style of game).

Quote Originally Posted by Zlash View Post

Any takers?
    I don't know of a way to link evidence of my sub, but I started in January 2005 and have no cancelled or lapsed for a month since. In my opinion, Mists of Pandaria is as good or better than Wrath of the Lich King.

Questing was fluid and I thought it was fun. It only takes about a week to get to 90, so that's a plus or minus based on if you like questing/leveling. However, cut scenes were mostly used with NPC arrival/dialogue at the end of the occasional quest hub and the end of some zones have a cut scene like the Wrath Gate, but they are spread out and nowhere near as frequent as Cataclysm. They are well placed and contribute rather than detract from playing.

I did Jade Forest > Valley of Four Winds > Kun Lai Summit > maybe 1/4 of Townlong Steppes, and perhaps 1/2 of Dread Wastes and hit 90. This means I have a Karasang Wilds, Valley of Eternal Blossoms, lot of Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes available for alts to take different paths for leveling.

Dungeons are quick and fairly easy on normal, require a little thought but not difficult on heroic. They are a good pace for gearing up and just starting with LFG having random PUGs, but will be radically easy for a pre-made group. This was, however, intentional.

When you hit 90, a plethora of things open up with dailies. While seeming silly, there's some charming fun with the farm and Tillers dailies, Cloud Serpent dailies remind me of less painful Netherwing rep, and Klaxxi and Golden Lotus seem more standard kill x dailies. I haven't done much with Shado Pan or Anglers yet.

Scenarios are fun and could offer a nice way for Blizz to present stories from novels more thoroughly in game (a message they've gotten loudly from feedback).

Looking for Raid will be a nice way to keep alts up to date, though the main will do regular raiding.

I was uncertain about the Wrathion legendary quest, but I like the throw back to classic WoW. 11 rep per kill of certain mobs, need to grind up to honored for one of the first quests. The mobs are all tied to other faction dailies though, so you can work on two things at once with it. It's slowly but surely climbing for me.

If you want to clear cut everything in a month and wait for new raids, expecting them to be cranked out faster than reasonable, you'll be disappointed. If you enjoyed TBC and Wrath, I think you'll find enjoyment in Mists of Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You're not missed.
    OOOO RLY ? I wouldn`t miss anyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's pretty funny to see people arguing over whether or not a game with 3M expansions sales and 10M subscribers is dying. Some people really need some perspective.
    I wish there was a thumbs up button for this