Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I've seen people using the "this game is old, people have been playing for X years, so it's normal they tire/burn out/etc." since even before TBC was released, so it has lost quite a bit of its credibility.
    So you think that the game gets newer over time? And that people get less burnt out the longer they play it? Do you also feel like most games out there are having peak sales 8 years after release, and still growing?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    yea but dude be honest i mean if they sold 2 would you come in here and say WHELP THATS IT FOLKS YOU WERE ALL CORRECT TIME TO PACK IT IN BLIZZARD. Of course not for some reason everyone has a horse in this game but what kinda fucked up horse is it?
    Sales are important. Blizzard has admitted flat out in quite a few blue posts that they will keep making expansions if people keep play them. If the sales were atrocious then that would be up to Blizzard to decide what to do next. But right now the sales were still very impressive despite how many people swore off the game off altogether after Cata was so bad, to appearing to be "kiddie" and with less hype than any expansion ever released to date. It was a success and I'm glad it was. It would have been a crying shame if the sales were very poor because the expansion is actually very well done.

Cata rode on the hugely successful coat-tails of WotLK, of course it woulda sold huge on the first day. it shows how popular WotLK was.
    MoP rode on the hugely disappointing coat-tails of Cata. everything considering, the numbers look good.

Nice number. It's selling more and more. Several my friends just bought it today. So numbers are increasing.
    And I'm happy to see that sub number increased 10kk+ ^_^ Go, go Blizz! we need 12kk+!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Sales are important. Blizzard has admitted flat out in quite a few blue posts that they will keep making expansions if people keep play them. If the sales were atrocious then that would be up to Blizzard to decide what to do next. But right now the sales were still very impressive despite how many people swore off the game off altogether after Cata was so bad, to appearing to be "kiddie" and with less hype than any expansion ever released to date. It was a success and I'm glad it was. It would have been a crying shame if the sales were very poor because the expansion is actually very well done.
    that didn't answer the question. So what is poor sales then? I mean if were not going to compare them relatively to previous expansions and I might add both Blizzards and the share holders expectations, what then is good? It's arbitrary man. That's the thing, I don't think theirs a figure I could use within reason that you would accept as poor.

But that's fine though. Who cares what it sells? I don't care about agit prop for mop or against mop. In your speech or in other dudes here. The expansion is good I agree I'm having fun some big things suck atm but I'll probably be grabbing another month. Midterms next week then another week off. If i see no progression on the things that bug me well I'm out bro. I'm sure that doesn't matter one bit to you but it should I hope matter to Blizzard. I guess that's naive I'm sorry. However these are things I think or I hope at any rate they will look into and they've said they are. Let's put it diplomatically then. I'm an open minded skeptic.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Hm. Can't figure out if that includes digital sales or not.

At any rate, that sounds about what I'd expect: Cataclysm sold 3.3 million to start with, so a slight decline to go with the drop in subscriber numbers only makes sense. It's still a very strong amount, so congratulations to Blizzard!
    It includes ALL sales.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    An 8 year old game still sells 2.7 million copies in the first week despite the horrible flop of Cata that drove away millions of people? That's successful in my book. And Mists is actually very good, so that may help moving forward.
    What's more amusing is that they managed this with probably the most divisive expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    What's more amusing is that they managed this with probably the most divisive expansion so far.
    IMHO Mists will top that division or further push the cracks. Unless things are done quickly. Even then... well this community has a nasty ass habit of turning on each other at the drop of a dime. I kind of agree that the biggest problem with wow is it's community. not because of one side or another but because they can't let each other be. They strawman each other to death. I wonder if that's just human nature. In one of the dune books theirs a saying "if two men are left on a boat they are the only people left in the world they will come to represent opposing parties"
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-04 at 10:17 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

This is good for wow, here's hoping blizz don't drop the ball again on patches. a decent patch every 4 months is great and maximum time between content should never exceed 6 months for a sub-based game. Hope they don't pull a ZA/ZG on people again either.

I'm not surprised about 2.7 million. Cata was terrible, that xpac made me quit half way through vowing never to return. I'm sure many others (looking at the loss of subs during that expansion) would of had their WoW experrience forever ruined.

But if you look on the bright side for the remaining people that play WoW, blizzard will see this as a warning. If they don't release content faster to keep the current (but diminishing) player base happy they will continue to lose subs.

These number also show roughly the enormous amount of people in china that play this game. I still think that is why they decided to go with the panda/chinese style theme to begin with. Why not appease their largest player base.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    WOW is not dead, but it will never be 12m "subscribers" again. (subscriber doesn't mean former WoW player, remember there's gold farmers, fake acounts, bots, and acounts that people buy to make RAF) Actual "MoP" players is 2.7m, and there's some new players coming that have just bought the game to try it and in the future will upgrade their game to MoP, by the end of the expansion could be 3 or 3.5million MoP players, counting the ones that normally left and the ones who join.
    I really don't know if you're serious or not -.- Cata sold 3.3 mil copies in first month but now more than 10 mil copies are sold. You really think that there are only 3-4 mil real players and 6+ mil are bots, fake accounts and gold farmers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think you're reading the graph wrong.
    Well, by the looks of it, Cataclysm sold 3,8 million copies on the first day according to the graph, instead of 3,3 million, which is supposed to be the actual number. That's quite an error, if you ask me, especially when the correlation equation used was based on Cataclysm numbers only.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-10-04 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You don't need to be psychic to see the patterns. Just need to have your eyes open.
    As is such the rise and fall of any empire ever made by man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we just wait, and see if subs fall back again like cata did

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Now we just wait, and see if subs fall back again like cata did
    I'm not sure this expansion has loads of potential imo to bring back old players, for me i haven't even done a raid yet and im having a blast!

Deleted
    MoP sure did deliver a lot more fun the cata did.

around this time in cata i was pretty much exalted with all factions (beside tol bard one) and started with the new vanilla world, since except raiding and random dungs. i didnt have that much else to do.

in MoP, im doing dailies/raiding and random dungs atm. i still havent finished questing completely (1 zone left) but thats cause i dnt have much time for it. i havent done much scenario's which i wanna do more since they were actually quite fun.
    and i also wanna start doing the pet battle thing, which i only did 1 night and got a pet too level 3.

comparing that too each other, makes MoP more fun at the start. i just hope blizzard doesnt mess up agian like they did in cata and make it worse and worse over the expansion. and this might become the best expac i played so far. and very succesfull

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So you think that the game gets newer over time? And that people get less burnt out the longer they play it? Do you also feel like most games out there are having peak sales 8 years after release, and still growing?
    No, what I think is that people just use most catchphrases as an excuse to dismiss points they don't like without bothering to actually think about the real reasons.
    See just how many times someone point at a design decision he doesn't like, and has his argument ignored through clichés like "rose-tinted glasses", "you're just burned out" and so on.
    Sometimes it's true, most of the time it's just a way to ignore the argument made.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Nice number. It's selling more and more. Several my friends just bought it today. So numbers are increasing.
    And I'm happy to see that sub number increased 10kk+ ^_^ Go, go Blizz! we need 12kk+!
    Since MoP was released before the Christmas sales season, I expect it to sell better from now until Christmas than it's two predecessors that were released in November and December. I can easily see MoP selling between 4 and 5 million by the end of this year.

Hmm comparing this to Wotlk, Cata, and BC sales it is kinda disappointing. Blizzard intentionally made it sound good by announcing sales world wide rather than just USA, Europe and others like they did before. I personally think the Venturebeat guy was correct sales probably barely peeked above 1 million in the USA.

Deleted
    By these numbers I can say that WoW is the best video game of all time. Every other game is a piece of crap compared with God's gift to mankind: World of Warcraft!