Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer for women if not the most common. Which is why the awareness. Common sense OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know Laize, this does nicely highlight the failing of public charity in allocation though, which is a feather for the cap when anarcho capitalism comes up again.
    I'd like to say you're wrong but you are, in fact, not.

It's a good thing I never said anarcho-capitalism could function with people the way they are today isn't it? Else I might look quite the fool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    That didnt answer my question. If the simple solution is to remove the breast why dont we just do it and move on trying to cure other cancers that cant be cured by simply removing a body part
    My dad got his prostate removed because of cancer risk last month so don't spread bullshit. But I do agree that it is cancer in general that should be "promoted" (I don't know how to put it differently ) insted of breast cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Breast cancer is one of the most common types of cancer for women if not the most common. Which is why the awareness. Common sense OP.
    Using that logic, since its so common then everyone should know about it by now and they should start raising awareness for cancers that ARENT well known and common

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I am really getting offended by this Breast cancer awareness every October and every year it gets more and more intrusive with more and more companies jumping on the bandwagon mostly just for the PR effect so people think they care. I'm sick of seeing pink everywhere. It disgusts me that people only care about breast cancer. I lost 2 family members to prostate cancer yet you never hear a peep about promoting awareness for prostate cancer and I don't even know if there is a ribbon since if there is one, nobody wears it.

Just as many people die from prostate cancer , lung cancer, bone cancer and others as people who die from breast cancer. In addition, when someone gets breast cancer a LOT of those people can be cured simply by removing the cancerous breast. You cant remove a prostate or lungs and continue to live.

Why is Brest cancer any more important than every other cancer out there? Why cant we just have a general cancer awareness month and try to cure ALL cancers instead of discriminatingly only helping women.
    Well honestly I care WAY more about boobies than I do lungs or prostate.

OT Personally I think it is a way for companys to seem like they care and cash in on feigned compassion.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You mentioned mortality rates. By chance did you see statistics that describe the percentage of the population who have breast cancer vs pancreatic?

Maybe, just maybe it's possible that breast cancer is more prolific and effects a larger sampling of the population...thus the greater public awareness of it?

Just looked. It looks like in 2012 there were a quarter million new cases of breast cancer compared to 44k pancreatic cancer cases.
    Your argument on breast cancer being more prolific and affecting a larger sample of the population is not true. If I go with what this website says http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/commoncancers, as many, if not more, men are affected by prostate cancer than there are people affected by breast cancer.

Funny how nobody wants to acknowlege the fact that Nonprofit organizations are a multi-billion dollar industry, and breasts are easy to sell!

Prostate cancer deserves more attention. I used to work for a company that provided products for people with prostate cancer, made me aware what a bastard it is, treatment options and how widespread it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Your argument on breast cancer being more prolific and affecting a larger sample of the population is not true. If I go with what this website says http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/commoncancers, as many, if not more, men are affected by prostate cancer than there are people affected by breast cancer.
    You took me SLIGHTLY out of context. The comment was more pointed to towards a comparison of breast vs pancreatic cancer.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Funny how nobody wants to acknowlege the fact that Nonprofit organizations are a multi-billion dollar industry, and breasts are easy to sell!
    We're not talking about beer commercials here. A bunch of 40 year old moms in pink t-shirts talking about mammograms isn't exactly sexual. The groups raising money for breast cancer research run a pro as fuck marketing campaign and deserve full credit for it.

If you want a real cancer go for pancreatic cancer. There are many less diagnoses of pancreatic cancer but far more deaths. We need to find a way to detect it earlier!

We're not talking about beer commercials here. A bunch of 40 year old moms in pink t-shirts talking about mammograms isn't exactly sexual. The groups raising money for breast cancer research run a pro as fuck marketing campaign and deserve full credit for it.
    My point is that on average less than 1/3 of the money actually goes to the cause!

how about buffing other cancer awareness instead of nerfing breast cancer awareness?

I thought this was going to be about the low breast cancer awareness for men

OP: if you're so bothered by lack of coverage of prostrate cancer, shouldn't you be out raising awareness of that? Instead of complaining about constructive work that does not in fact compete with your own cause? I don't understand this mentality of "nobody's helping me, so I don't like seeing people help anyone else either".
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-10-04 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

I would like to see some of the "lesser known" cancers such as bowel and pancreatic cancer get more coverage but I guess it's up to the marketing team to try and replicate the success of breast cancer in gaining public attention.

because its feminism at its best.
    women want to be treated equal when it matters.
    And when something is wrong they expect to get special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    because its feminism at its best.
    women want to be treated equal when it matters.
    And when something is wrong they expect to get special treatment.
    Because men can't get breast cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Because men can't get breast cancer.
    Yes they can... what makes you say absurd things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by chipwrecked View Post
    I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

I would like to see some of the "lesser known" cancers such as bowel and pancreatic cancer get more coverage but I guess it's up to the marketing team to try and replicate the success of breast cancer in gaining public attention.
    nothing sells like BOOBS. in fact, many breast cancer campaigns have utilized this. but yeah, it would be better for others to step up their games rather than take away from breast cancer. not that that would happen

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Yes they can... what makes you say absurd things like that?
    He was mocking him.