Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right on, pretty simple stuff. I always thought Ele is a relatively easy rotation but my previous machine had so much lag that I would miss LvB and Fulmination procs and end up casting extra LBs in their place. Enha worked just fine though what with its basically not using any casts, all just instant damage buttons.

Anyway, I'll check out the addons you suggested, and thanks.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Hello,

I was scrolling through the pre-raid bis lists and saw now Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest. Can I conclude that the proc doesn't outweigh the pure increase in spellpower and other stats you get from upgrading to a 463+?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaen View Post
    Hello,

I was scrolling through the pre-raid bis lists and saw now Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest. Can I conclude that the proc doesn't outweigh the pure increase in spellpower and other stats you get from upgrading to a 463+?
    As I understand it, the Proc chance goes down as you level up. So yeah, all the new gear is better now.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Casting Elemental Blast before and during CL spam - is it dps loss or not? It feels like it is on packs with high hp pool but I would like to be sure before I start to do that on first week of raid.
    Also on gearing - enchants section, I don't see gloves enchant listed.

Just a note, conductivity also works with elemental blast, but the tooltip only lets you know this if you have elemental blast as a talent.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well written guide, good stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    So would it be much of a DPS gain to make a Macros like this:

/stopcasting
    /Cast Lava Burst

For those Lava Surge procs that happen while I am mid Lightening Bolt cast?

Actually, let me ask this question a different way, a bit more to the point. Is it a DPS gain to stop a LB cast in order to fire off an instant LvB?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So would it be much of a DPS gain to make a Macros like this:

/stopcasting
    /Cast Lava Burst

For those Lava Surge procs that happen while I am mid Lightening Bolt cast?

Actually, let me ask this question a different way, a bit more to the point. Is it a DPS gain to stop a LB cast in order to fire off an instant LvB?
    No. Stopcasting is never a DPS increase.

I've seen a lot of ele shamans using ele blast, I was sure that primal elementalist was better?

Deleted
    How viable is Headmaster's Will compared to one-hand + offhand 463 ilvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    I've seen a lot of ele shamans using ele blast, I was sure that primal elementalist was better?
    Been wondering about this too, but then again, I play an orc.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    How viable is Headmaster's Will compared to one-hand + offhand 463 ilvl?
    Check 1H + OH and compare the stats? Not a hard job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was planning on going Prime Elementalist just for the sake of keeping my simple rotation.

Is Elemental Blast really pulling ahead though?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    I was planning on going Prime Elementalist just for the sake of keeping my simple rotation.

Is Elemental Blast really pulling ahead though?
    To quote the guide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For Elemental Unleashed Fury is right out. It's damage contribution is lower than the other two talents, and it complicates the stationary rotation while removing options for the mobile rotation. Of the remaining two, Elemental Blast is ahead of Primal Elementalist by 2-3% in an ideal test, however it does complicate the rotation a bit whereas Primal Elementalist is easier to use and works better on encounters with burn phases.

In short, it will come down to personal preference between Elemental Blast & Primal Elementalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh heh, yeahhhh. I guess I did JUST read that.

To be fair, he asked first and confused my lil brain :-P

So, has the brewfest trinket been considered when determining the BiS pre-raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    So, has the brewfest trinket been considered when determining the BiS pre-raid gear?
    No, although the current release of SimCraft doesn't handle the proc (it does in the SVN, so when a new build is run I'll be able to publish the trinket lists I'm working on)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any thoughts on Light of the Cosmos?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86133

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I personally don't like brewfest trinket due to its low-ish proc chance and short buff duration. Will replace it right when darkmoon is out.

The other trinket I use is Zen Alchemist Stone, which is pretty overpowered for ilvl 450 trinket. Internal cooldown 55s and high proc chance make easy 25%+ uptime (or 1000+ intellect).
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Any thoughts on Light of the Cosmos?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86133
    Please define "thoughts", or see the previous post to yours where I mention that proper trinket lists are not possible yet.

So i cant seem to be able to find a good guide for this but how should we approach the reputation grinds?[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by slikvik; 2012-10-06 at 01:04 AM.