Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    3 healers, asking both dps to kill everything inside resulted in enrage. Asking them to get out asap made it for too much raid damage. Sweet spot was telling the first to get out asap and the second to keep killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Obviously not :>
    Because you 3 healed it you could manage more spirits alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 3 healed it, and killed as many mobs as possible when in the spirit world.
    The trick is stacking the buff as high as possible. We had a couple of 10% wipes, because healers topped off the people in the spirit realm, then stopp healing to regen mana.
    Once they started to get people to 22% on the buff, then just refresh it before we left, we killed it in one go. (Well.. two.. One dps lagged out sub 20% so we wiped at 0%)

Paladins are also insane at stacking the buff through beacon of light.

Deleted
    (25)

Last night we just had groups 2 3 4 5 with one healer in each.
    Group 2 was made of super bursty classes.

1st totem for group 2, then 3, etc.
    When group 1 came out, Heroism.

If someone in the group supposed to go in was dolled, then someone else would take his place (anyone really).

Super easy boss.

We did like this yesterday.

2 healers
    6 DPS
    2 tanks

First totem we went with 3 DPS into the shadow thingy so they coul all get the dmg buff
    A boomkin tranqing them up then he was always in the shadow realm to kill adds while the others just jumped out as fast as possible.

Was no problem at all to 2 heal it since you have unlimited mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    (25)

Last night we just had groups 2 3 4 5 with one healer in each.
    Group 2 was made of super bursty classes.

1st totem for group 2, then 3, etc.
    When group 1 came out, Heroism.

If someone in the group supposed to go in was dolled, then someone else would take his place (anyone really).

Super easy boss.
    On 25man How many players can be teleported to the Spirit Realm using the Totems? I know its 10man is 3, but is 25man 5players?.

Deleted
    Any recommendations for minimum dps required to kill this boss on 10man? We were running 2 healers, 6 dps, with people ranging from 30k dps up to 65k yesterday and hitting enrage at 20%, is 50k+ mandatory for all dps?

We decided to 2 heal it and wiped at 0.3% with the enrage timer.. always 2 dps and one healer. Since I'm the one who went dps, I'll go get more off-spec gear and it won't be a wipe next time. Really a gear check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post
    Any recommendations for minimum dps required to kill this boss on 10man? We were running 2 healers, 6 dps, with people ranging from 30k dps up to 65k yesterday and hitting enrage at 20%, is 50k+ mandatory for all dps?
    You don't need to pull a constant 50k but you do need to be smart about popping Heroism/Bloodlust. For our group the killing tactic involved two groups (1 healer 2 dps each), first one going in the first totem and second one going in the second totem, once the second group (and that was as soon as possible since we wanted the buff that you get from being healed in Spirit Realm to be active on both totem groups) was out we popped Bloodlust, ignoring the third totem and just nuking like hell until 4th totem appeared and continuing as normal. Also for the last 20% we had some cooldowns and pots, and we did fine, lowest DPS being at the 35k-ish mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissadora View Post
    You don't need to pull a constant 50k but you do need to be smart about popping Heroism/Bloodlust. For our group the killing tactic involved two groups (1 healer 2 dps each), first one going in the first totem and second one going in the second totem, once the second group (and that was as soon as possible since we wanted the buff that you get from being healed in Spirit Realm to be active on both totem groups) was out we popped Bloodlust, ignoring the third totem and just nuking like hell until 4th totem appeared and continuing as normal. Also for the last 20% we had some cooldowns and pots, and we did fine, lowest DPS being at the 35k-ish mark.
    I presume you were running 2/2/6? We've tried a number of combinations, by the end of the night we were only having the healers go down if they were low on mana and using two dps classes who could self heal to full inside the spirit realm... If we were to run 3 healers with a holy pally spamming people downstairs would the DPS increase with the buff be sufficient to make up for the 6th dps? Is the buff based on % overheal, I.E. 50% overheal= 50% buff? We probably just lack gear, but I want to try and give our group as much advantage as possible going into the next raid evening :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Something we noticed is that one players recount will not be accurate.
    When people leave for the spirit realm, their recount will not log those outside. If some people did 30k on your recount, I would ask them how much dps they did on their own.

But if you stack 15+ of the buff on two players every totem, and hit enrage at 20%, then your dps is probably very low.
    If I'm not mistaken, he got 117m health and a 6min enrage timer. With 6 dps you'll need about 54k dps on him, and that's without taking the tanks into account.
    With two tanks I'd say that 45k+ on everyone should be more then enough, and easily achieved if the buff is stacked properly

We also had our first attempt on Gara'jal last night. We went with 3 healers (druid, shaman & pally). Tanks: Pally & Monk. DPS: Priest, Lock, Mage, Rogue, Hunter.
    We pulled in total 12 times and still didnt down him. We hit the enrage timer every time @ about 23%.

Our strategy was 2dps and 1 healer taking the spirit totems. The assigned dps was our dotter's either Priest or Lock with mage or another dps not having the debuff.
    The healer in spirit realm would heal up the the dps and himself and one dps will exit as soon as he is fully healed and another one will stay inside killing of the spirits. The healer will exit as soon as the dps and himself is fully healed. Now what i would like to ask here is, is it better to keep spamming the dps i.e. overhealing them....does this increase the buff % they get, or do the 1 dps exit asap? Also does the amount of big heals they get improve the buff e.g. for me as a resto shaman i make use of regrowth spam to quickly heal up dps and myself where a pally has a way more efficient higher healing throughput....or does this not matter?

Also we tried to keep the same dotter go into every spirit link alternating with another healer to maximise the buff, is this the correct strategy.
    Also should we rather go 2 man healing? We did try this but we ran into an issue when both healers got the debuff and coudnt enter the totem....

Any feedback is appreciated

Deleted
    I presume you were running 2/2/6? We've tried a number of combinations, by the end of the night we were only having the healers go down if they were low on mana and using two dps classes who could self heal to full inside the spirit realm... If we were to run 3 healers with a holy pally spamming people downstairs would the DPS increase with the buff be sufficient to make up for the 6th dps? Is the buff based on % overheal, I.E. 50% overheal= 50% buff? We probably just lack gear, but I want to try and give our group as much advantage as possible going into the next raid evening :P
    Most of the night we ran 2/3/5 but after hitting the enrage a couple of times we decided to try 2/2/6 which worked out a lot better (for us).
    According to the ability description the buff "grows as the player continues to receive heals". I'm assuming the longer they're being healed in the spirit realm, the bigger a buff they get.

I can only recommend trying out different things such as skipping a totem to burst when as many people possible have the Spiritual Innervation buff to get a boost ahead of the enrage timer, or putting only the strongest DPS when possible through the totems to kill the spirits fast and get out fast again to continue DPSing.

And as to running with 2 heals, somehow we never had the problem where both of our healers were turned into Voodoo Dolls or then the effect wore off just before they needed to enter the Spirit Realm. A tricky alternative is waiting with killing the totem until one of the healers' debuff wears off, or have a capable hybrid heal people up in the spirit realm (boomkin healing says hello)
    Last edited by mmoc2751a60052; 2012-10-05 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my guild were running a 2/2/6 comp, and had everything perfect. We had him at about 13%, when all of a sudden, everyone in the raid instantly got one shorted and died. We check the logs, and it said everyone killed themself using an ability called suicide. "Suicide: Player casts suicide on themself instantly killing themselves" we were pretty pissed off because we would've had him. Couldnt tell if a gm was just fucking with us or what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resperina View Post
    Me and my guild were running a 2/2/6 comp, and had everything perfect. We had him at about 13%, when all of a sudden, everyone in the raid instantly got one shorted and died. We check the logs, and it said everyone killed themself using an ability called suicide. "Suicide: Player casts suicide on themself instantly killing themselves" we were pretty pissed off because we would've had him. Couldnt tell if a gm was just fucking with us or what.
    That will be the enrage

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is what we did.

First its like a 6 min 10 sec enrage IIRC.
    This means no matter what you have to use hero at 5 min 20 second mark to get the full hero.
    We used the stopwatch in game to track that.
    Secondly we only sent ranged (mostly dot classes) our raid has 2 aff locks and 1 SP we also sent a hunter and shaman if people had vodoo doll.
    Always rotate the people who go down and never have the same dps go down twice in a row. You get a buff to do extra dmg to boss.
    Be very vocal on vent as to what healer and dps are going down, pay attention to timers.
    Make sure the group going down is at the totem asap, the faster you kill the totem and zone in the faster the boss dies.
    At 5 mins tell the downstairs team to finish up because hero is gonna be popped soon.
    Make sure everyone is up top and use hero, blow all cds pots warrior banners etc.
    We finished the fight at 5 mins 45 seconds, once he gets to 20% he frenzies butt he melts real fast.

I also forgot, 2 healing is a must, I see the above poster 3 healed it, that must have been rough on dps.
    Oh another thing about downstairs, once you get healed to full once, the healer can leave and you will retain the extra action button even if you lose HP. Make sure no one misses any totem calls.
    We're doing everything the exact same except we were three healing. Guess we'll go to two. Thanks for the input.

Also, for people confused about why staying in the spirit realm longer is valuable: As a players is healed, that player's buff increases. DPS get some sort of power increase (crit, mastery, etc.) and healers get a mana regen increase. Several times we manage to get our buff up to 21% but I think maybe we're just spending too long in there killing adds. They spawn so fast/frequently.

The buff is not, as I can tell, related to overhealing. It's related to total amount of healing taken, I'm just not sure what the conversion is (i.e. how much healing equals a 1% increase on the buff).
    Last edited by Savannah; 2012-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That will be the enrage
    No it wasnt the enrage, because we had Plenty of time left. And it would tell us if we got killed by the boss by enrage. But we didn't.

If you have a paladin healer it is extremely easy to cheese (barring voodoo doll rng) Have a rotation of DPS going down and have your paladin go every time beaconing one dps and healing the other with the BIGGEST heal (Divine Light) as the MORE you heal the higher you keep the stack. It's about managing stacks, if you can't do that it will be a wipe fest.

No it wasnt the enrage, because we had Plenty of time left. And it would tell us if we got killed by the boss by enrage. But we didn't.
    The enrage is at 6 minutes and he suicides the raid so yes that was indeed the enrage.

Deleted
    Hm, i hardly even remember this fight. It was basically nothing to do until enrage where chained some cooldowns and tanked him for a little bit without taking almost any damage at all until he fell down. I've heard quite a few people having problems with this fight and i can't see it, it bothers me since i would like to be able to help out. Good luck though!

Players crossing over to the Spirit World must return to the real world within 30 sec or die.