Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    We don't know if the threat modifier went away, the tooltip just changed and doesn't reflect it anymore. Test it when it comes live, common sense.
    No need to insult. I'm pretty sure we are all aware of this. We are just concerned about the goals of Blood Dks.
    Last edited by Bawse; 2012-07-28 at 12:58 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawse View Post
    No need to insult. I'm pretty sure we are all aware of this. We are just concerned about the goals of Blood Dks.

Exactly and that IS the entire purpose of this thread and any thread made about beta concerns: to bring beta issues to the devs' attention and hope we end up in a good place when MOP launches.

Deleted
    Seems to me the whole AOE threat vs mitigation issue (and AOE threat issue in general) with DKs in beta goes against Blizzard's philosophy of "threat shouldn't matter...much" when they buffed tank threat 500%, especially when DKs are the only class suffering from this. Hoping to see some blue clarification in the class analysis thread soon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoopeh View Post
    Seems to me the whole AOE threat vs mitigation issue (and AOE threat issue in general) with DKs in beta goes against Blizzard's philosophy of "threat shouldn't matter...much" when they buffed tank threat 500%, especially when DKs are the only class suffering from this. Hoping to see some blue clarification in the class analysis thread soon.
    Hopefully we will after GC comes back from his business trip. The other blue posters are ignoring dk issues other than the gargoyle like the plague.

Deleted
    New build, and still nothing for Blood. At this point, I'm pretty sure we'll go live like this.

Meanwhile, in paladinville :

Holy Avenger : Abilities that generate Holy Power will deal 30% additional damage and healing, and generate 3 charges of Holy Power for the next 15 sec.
    Sanctified Wrath : Avenging Wrath also increases healing received by 20%.

Even more survivability .

Edit : Also, necro. But the topic is still relevant, and I didn't feel like making a new post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    No, just you Chaz.

We have made several adjustments based on player feedback, raid testing, and fixing some bugs. Some of the changes were made to keep secondary stats scaling appropriately and some were when specs were doing too much damage. Here's a quick cheat sheet for where we are. Even "tuned" does not mean set in stone and ready for ship.

Priest -- Shadow roughly tuned.
    Warlock -- roughly tuned except for Sacrifice.
    Mage -- roughly tuned except Arcane and Invocation.
    Druid -- Feral and Balance tuned except for Dream of Cenarius.
    Paladin -- Ret roughly tuned.
    Rogue -- tuned (but we'll look at Assassination numbers posted above).
    Shaman -- tuned.
    Hunter -- tuned.

We are working on monk, warrior and DK next.
    thats from the blue tracker from only 5 hours ago... so we are still on the list to be tweaked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post
    thats from the blue tracker from only 5 hours ago... so we are still on the list to be tweaked
    Isn't he talking about damage, though ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Isn't he talking about damage, though ?
    Could hope for a damage increase on AoE threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ugeowhopwr View Post
    I don't think we need damage. I personally believe we are suffering a lack of aoe tools. Considering these tools are using the same of our already limited ressources (BB/HS), or sharing ressources with our active mitigation (DnD/DS), we constantly have to make choices when tanking. Even STD management is complicated on a DK tank while it's freaking easy as pie on any other tank. We also have troubles to answer to unexpected things (adds/spike damage) because there are no viable way to refresh runes on demand frequently.

If we need changes, it's mostly mechanic-wise. Changes that will make us able to pick unexpected adds, chain pull while not having to care about ressources, aoe aggro availability or whether we can or can't apply STD while sacrificing active mitigation.

Buffing dnd to 30000% and outerspace won't change the fact it still has a very long CD and cost us active mitigation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugeowhopwr View Post
    We need much more than just an aoe damage increase, we need boosts to our overall damage so we can hold threar in 25 mans and we need passive and/or active mitigation buffs. Plus a raid cd would be nice

Deleted
    Meanwhile, in Paladinland;
    -Holy Prism : damage and healing when cast on enemies increased by 30%. Healing when cast on an ally increased by 44% and damage when cast on an ally increased by 17%
    -Light's Hammer : damage increased by 30%.
    Even moaaaar AoE damage.

In case anyone was still concerned with Blood DKs in Challenge Modes, the first group to clear Gold in all the 5-mans had 2 blood DKs.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-MoP-Wallpaper

You can also see that a bunch of the top challenge mode progression rankings are held by DKs (not sure if blood or not).
    http://www.wowprogress.com/challenge...ss.deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Buffing dnd to 30000% and outerspace won't change the fact it still has a very long CD and cost us active mitigation.
    You don't need it on trash, just use your tanking cds if your having issues. I am tanking heroics in half dps gear now, its retardedly easy to survive them, and even chain pull them. With veng stacked up your going to have no problems, Pull with dnd, outbreak, bb, rs tab, rs tab, rs tab.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You don't need it on trash, just use your tanking cds if your having issues. I am tanking heroics in half dps gear now, its retardedly easy to survive them, and even chain pull them. With veng stacked up your going to have no problems, Pull with dnd, outbreak, bb, rs tab, rs tab, rs tab.
    Those were concerns from a while ago, though. :/

They buffed blood boil since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I dont necessarily agree on the downtime, for example i have close to 0 downtime with RC. The 1 sec GCD is a bit confusing at first but when you get used to it, you can reduce your downtime quite a lot.

For everything else i agree. We do need a raid ability, we do need a bit more armor or mitigation (blade barrier). But this will come, trust me. Once the heroic raids start and we are once again globalled in by the raid bosses, blizz will give us back our armor. Just like in Cataclysm. If you think about it even now. would you choose a Blood DK for main tank in heroic raid? No, you would probably go with warrior or paladin.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    would you choose a Blood DK for main tank in heroic raid? No, you would probably go with warrior or paladin.
    Depends if the enrage timers are tight xD Blood DK damage is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Depends if the enrage timers are tight xD Blood DK damage is just ridiculous.
    Yup it is, i agree but if we get 2 shotted from a hero raid boss, the damage would not matter much
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Yup it is, i agree but if we get 2 shotted from a hero raid boss, the damage would not matter much
    There is a huge problem then if a B-DK is getting 2 shotted by a H-Raid Boss.

Maybe its because our DK tank is pretty much the best player in our raid by miles, but to me blood tanks always seem perfectly fine :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread is still alive? O.o This thread was made back in July hence the majority of the issues listed in it have since been addressed. I'm not sure why someone necro'd it in the first place.
    Last edited by Samsarathedk; 2012-10-05 at 03:27 PM.