Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Balance] Single Target?

Honestly, is it just me or is our single target DPS a little bit too low? I mean Gara'jal was fine but the spirit kings seemed a little bit too outscaled by other classes.

Deleted
    Single target is .. well, we have to really push it (FoN, Hotw), to be in the top part of the recount, but if there's more than one target, you can just give up trying .. tanks, mages, dk's, rogues will outdamage you with them eyes closed.

Never considered FoN for single target, gonna have to look into that but seriously, I feel like if you time your starfalls and keep up DoTs on more that one target fights, then you can put up a good fight. I mean i've been playing a boomkin for a LONG time and I haven't felt this weak since BC...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really regret leveling up my Balance Druid as my main..I feel I have to push it every fight just to remain competitive against dps of lower ilvl (warlocks and mages especially). I feel Balance is undertuned at the moment but with additional crit at higher gear levels I think we may be at the top.

I'm fine with our single target . Seems pretty decent.

Deleted
    DPS is definitely a bit too low right now. You really have to focus on each little fight to stay competitive, while other classes can play with one hand in their pants and still do better damage. It's really frustrating.

What game are you people playing? lol.

I'm in agreement with Mudkiper. Our single target is fine. Infact, I'm consistantly top in Mogushan. Single target, on a fight like Feng the Accursed, I peak at over 140k, and then it slowly falls back down and I steadily push about 55k. Armory = signature.

Also, FoN is a PoS talent. Whoever suggested that, no wonder you have complaints about our dps.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tjom View Post
    but if there's more than one target, you can just give up trying .. tanks, mages, dk's, rogues will outdamage you with them eyes closed.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahah. You HAVE to be joking. I hope you're joking.
    Last edited by Batix; 2012-10-04 at 11:48 PM.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    What game are you people playing? lol.

I'm in agreement with Mudkiper. Our single target is fine. Infact, I'm consistantly top in Mogushan. Single target, I peak at over 140k, and then it slowly falls back down and I steadily push about 55k. Armory = signature.
    55k is kind of miserably weak and underpowered actually.

And classes like mages, dks, and rogues do sort of walk all over us [all druids] on cleave fights like stone guards.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    55k is kind of miserably weak and underpowered actually.

And classes like mages, dks, and rogues do sort of walk all over us [all druids] on cleave fights like stone guards.

This was my held dps for Feng. Have you looked at any logs, like at all? Stone guards = more like 85-90k for me.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Yes, I have actually, have you?

55k on single target is very, very low. 70k is decent, 80k is top tier. Top balance druids are barely hitting 60k on Feng, while the top ferals are almost at 80k.

Top mages/rogues on stone guard are over 100k. Top moonkin is 78k. I'm not inclined to believe your claim of 85-90k, and even if were true, you'd still be lower.

And needless to say, tanks are kicking all of our butts on basically every fight so far.

worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/

Yes first off FoN is a terrible waste of a talent, incarnation takes the cake for DPS measures. But yes when I thought about it, our single target is better than our multi target just because most other classes outscale us on multi target and even single target fights, especially mages multi combust QQQQQ. Watching steams of fire mages, I start crying a little, seeing all the damage being put out. I feel as if we need some sort of damage increase to our DoTs WITHOUT taking DoC. DoC is a decent talent but one little mistake and you pay poorly for it, plus it wouldn't increase our DPS at all, already tried all of the level 90 talents and HoTW is alot better than the others.

moonkin feels weak to me. i really have to go balls to the walls to even stay mid level most of the time on these fights. the multi dotting is also so much weaker than it was in cataclysm, a lot of times it hardly feels like much of a gain at all. pretty disappointed but whatever.

i enjoy the spec just not the numbers its doing

Deleted
    Yeah, I rerolled Feral and I am now drastically outdpsing our Balance on both Feng and the Spirit King, the difference is ridiculous

Deleted
    We peak really nicely with all the cd;s. After we drop terrible if we even have to delay 1-2 casts because of movement. And in mv there is a lot of movement. So yes, i also feel we need a buff to our damage. Personally a x% to our dots would do the trick, also softens our immense drop when moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    I'm fine with our single target . Seems pretty decent.
    Funny you should say that after you earned the last spot in dps on Feng (except for one Rogue), way behind the tank. Yes, your numbers are not bad - 50k dps in single target is okay, but still clearly less than every other class. Your own raid is proof of that.

And to keep the numbers in perspective, remember that your item level is about 10 points higher than what the people asking here have. Getting 50k single target dps on Feng in 460 gear is extremely hard / impossible for the average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I saved up all my agi gear from heroic farming muahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    And to keep the numbers in perspective, remember that your item level is about 10 points higher than what the people asking here have. Getting 50k single target dps on Feng in 460 gear is extremely hard / impossible for the average player.
    Just because my ilvl is higher now doesn't mean it wasn't low when we killed feng, was actually 462 on that kill. My DPS was pretty low on that try but it was higher on previous tries, if you look at other logs druids are doing over 60k on feng.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Just because my ilvl is higher now doesn't mean it wasn't low when we killed feng, was actually 462 on that kill. My DPS was pretty low on that try but it was higher on previous tries, if you look at other logs druids are doing over 60k on feng.
    Actually there is exactly one log of a Moonkin doing more than 60k dps on Feng. So no, other druids are not doing over 60k.

To keep this in perspective for everyone on this forum, let me emphasize:

You cannot do 50k dps on Feng currently unless you are one of the top 100 Balance druids in the world.

Please stop telling people they are supposed to do 50k single target. They are not. And everyone who claims they easily do 50k on Feng is either

a) one of the top-100 druids in the world and has totally lost perspective, or

b) lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Actually there is exactly one log of a Moonkin doing more than 60k dps on Feng. So no, other druids are not doing over 60k.

To keep this in perspective for everyone on this forum, let me emphasize:

You cannot do 50k dps on Feng currently unless you are one of the top 100 Balance druids in the world.

Please stop telling people they are supposed to do 50k single target. They are not. And everyone who claims they easily do 50k on Feng is either

a) one of the top-100 druids in the world and has totally lost perspective, or

b) lying.
    This!
    Mudkiper, please stop claiming things you actually didn't do (like in the other post about balance dps where this time you claimed 60/70k!!

Deleted
    Balance DPS is fine how it is, our sustained single target isnt the best but it isnt the worst either.
    We make up for this anyway with aoe, multi target and burst dps.
    Just wait till you get good gear, as boomkins are horrible with low ilvl.
    If people care about single target go roll a mage or a lock and let us boomkins do what we do best.