Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    What counts as content for you? just raids?
    No, but 4.1 was lackluster all around. I seriously hope you're not defending 4.1 as a model for future content patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Does anybody know if MoP has launched in Asia yet, or is it just EU & US?

It seems very odd that out of a total subscriber base of 10 million, 7.3 million are still playing pre MoP expansions.

I wonder which expansion has the most subscribers currently?
    Yes they didn't announce numbers until MoP was launched around all world, unlike every other exp where they said sales in 48h after launch
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not trying to be rude here but.. How much have you cleared so far?

They are being opened weekly from here on out.
    Absolutely none. I can't get in I don't have the time to farm gear for it. JP sucks such balls that I can't get in that way, by the time I'm done daily quests I have no time left for anything else and I'm stuck subject to the rng of dungeons. I MAY MAY MAY be lucky enough to hit 463 by next week if I get lucky and have sometime this weekend to farm dungeons and try out lfr. Their going to nerf the ilvl on it I read somewhere so that should help. Never the less it remains a huge and total cock block.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's OK to like dungeons/raids more than anything else and to want more of them. Really what I was after was contained in the quote from you that I included. I'll admit that perhaps I misunderstood your point, but I thought you wanted to see more things and activities that weren't already in the game. It's not a big deal but your quote mildly implied to me that you were interested in new types of things. Just not more of the same, whether it be dungeons, quests, dailies or things that we already do.

Like it or not, pet battles and the tiller thing are new in the sense that there's really nothing else quite like them in the game until now. That's the sort of thing I think is much more interesting over the long run than just more dailies or dungeons.
    Your right I don't like it. I am interested in new types of things but I recognize that isn't Blizzard. The things I do like about Warcraft I don't feel I've gotten enough of and instead were getting more of the thigns I dislike. It's fine that others like them, I never argued against that. More power to them. Have at it. They seem to think dailies are FUN. My suspicion is that this isn't a concept shared by the majority of the community but never the less alright build whatever you want. They will of course adjust things accordingly I feel after feedback from users.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-05 at 05:42 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Yes they didn't announce numbers until MoP was launched around all world, unlike every other exp where they said sales in 48h after launch
    Accept that China doesnt buy expansions so there was really no point in waiting till it was launched world wide. They waited so they could get the sub numbers back up because the chinese re subbed around the time MoP launched NA/EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Your right I don't like it. I am interested in new types of things but I recognize that isn't Blizzard. The things I do like about Warcraft I don't feel I've gotten enough of and instead were getting more of the thigns I dislike. It's fine that others like them, I never argued against that. More power to them. Have at it.
    Well, we'll circle back to the beginning and then I have to go to work. If you get any ideas for new things, you should get over to the o-boards and suggest them. Have a great day.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely none. I can't get in I don't have the time to farm gear for it. JP sucks such balls that I can't get in that way, by the time I'm done daily quests I have on time left for anything else and I'm stuck subject to the rng of dungeons. I MAY MAY MAY be lucky enough to hit 463 by next week if I get lucky and have sometime this weekend to farm dungeons.
    Don't feel bad I'm still sitting on a 446 ilvl.

If you don't like dailies don't do them just farm the dungeons. Even doing dailies myself I find i'm getting upgrades faster in lfd.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

Try again they never announce sales 48h after release. It was always a week later.

Not to mention the press release for MOP was BEFORE china release.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-10-05 at 05:46 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

They are not forced? you don't NEED to do them for anything beside rep if you want to get rep. Any gear they provide you can find in dungeons/raids
    from what I have seen the loot in dungeons isn't as good as the gear that can be bought with valor which rep is needed for, the only way to get rep is to do dailies (which i hate), yes of course the raid gear is just as good if not better but what help am I going to be if others are geared with the rep gear and I am stuck in my 463 dungeon gear??

Dailies to me are a chore, boring and tedious. They are also solo content, i don't want to have to do them to keep up with everyone else. I just think it would be more fair if Blizz gave us a choice to gain rep with either dailies or by doing HC dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel bad I'm still sitting on a 446 ilvl.

If you don't like dailies don't do them just farm the dungeons. Even doing dailies myself I find i'm getting upgrades faster in lfd.[COLOR="red"]
    It gets harder and harder to get upgrades from lfd as you fill more and more pieces in. In fact at one point it just becomes vastly easier to simply just leave the dungeon after the boss you need doesn't drop your shit. I mean look it dude if you don't do dailies then what is vp for? It's worthless. The gear has to be taken out of the rep man. They made it easier which is good but they need to just cut the foreplay and take rep out of it entirely. Keep the cosmetic stuff. That's awesome. Pets, mounts, vanity stuff. Go for it.

I don't want to do dailies but it's right their in front of me and it's ceased becoming optional because by comparison to almost everything else I can do the reward is just to good for doing it. If the reward was equally as good in dungeons well fuck dailies then.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    from what I have seen the loot in dungeons isn't as good as the gear that can be bought with valor which rep is needed for, the only way to get rep is to do dailies (which i hate), yes of course the raid gear is just as good if not better but what help am I going to be if others are geared with the rep gear and I am stuck in my 463 dungeon gear??

Dailies to me are a chore, boring and tedious. They are also solo content, i don't want to have to do them to keep up with everyone else. I just think it would be more fair if Blizz gave us a choice to gain rep with either dailies or by doing HC dungeons.
    Entry lvl raid you only need 463 to be in it. LFR will be out next week with 48? ilvl gear. If you don't want to do dailies you don't have to.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entry lvl raid you only need 463 to be in it. LFR will be out next week with 48? ilvl gear. If you don't want to do dailies you don't have to.

463 basically means you have to have every piece of gear from dungeons. Seriously every slot has to be filled from dungeons. Direbrew will be gone next week so that won't be an option long term. Youll be left with dailies , running the normal raid to run lfr, or farming crafting gear. The second option is counter intuitive and really that point you'll be getting better gear anyway. Farming crafting gear is okay assuming you have the money and the time and the effort to get it and then have it replaced as soon as you jump in lfr. So were back to running dailies to spend valor gear. Justice points need to be fixed and valor gear needs to be taken away from rep vendors. Simple fix. Then I will never touch dailies.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    It gets harder and harder to get upgrades from lfd as you fill more and more pieces in. In fact at one point it just becomes vastly easier to simply just leave the dungeon after the boss you need doesn't drop your shit. I mean look it dude if you don't do dailies then what is vp for? It's worthless. The gear has to be taken out of the rep man. They made it easier which is good but they need to just cut the foreplay and take rep out of it entirely. Keep the cosmetic stuff. That's awesome. Pets, mounts, vanity stuff. Go for it.

I don't want to do dailies but it's right their in front of me and it's ceased becoming optional because by comparison to almost everything else I can do the reward is just to good for doing it. If the reward was equally as good in dungeons well fuck dailies then.
    I can't really argue this point myself. I have never once felt like I had to do something to progress (aside from raids but those I chose to do anyways. I've never had a problem in the guilds I've been in telling me I had to do dailies to keep up. I was always able to gear up the way I wanted.

Even now the only reason I am doing dailies is for the coins. Not the rep gear.

then I will never have any use for valor points then...I know I am shooting myself in the foot by not doing them and it's my own fault that I will fall way behind but if this is the permanent way now to purchase upgrades then I will quit. Dailies will never be fun for me and if you look on the offcial forums many others as well.

Plus i have heard negative things about the loot system in LFR in MoP, will take me a hell of a long time to gear up if what I hear is true. All of this combined won't be very fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really argue this point myself. I have never once felt like I had to do something to progress (aside from raids but those I chose to do anyways. I've never had a problem in the guilds I've been in telling me I had to do dailies to keep up. I was always able to gear up the way I wanted.

Even now the only reason I am doing dailiys is for the coins. Not the rep gear.
    It's also BAD for making gold. I make way more money farming mats. Ghost Iron ore is EVERYWHERE. I sell it for 300g a stack of bars. Hell even doing the regular lvling quests makes more money than dailies. At lvl 90 the regular lvling quests reward their XP as gold and you make CASH MONEY doing it that way.

You remember running in WOTLK? How you sometimes had 4 versions of the same raid to run? You remember everyone (including so many people on this forum) praising Blizzard for moving to a single raid lock out because they felt forced they had to run every version of the dungeon they can? Well then you know why I feel the same way about dailies.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    then I will never have any use for valor points then...I know I am shooting myself in the foot by not doing them and it's my own fault that I will fall way behind but if this is the permanent way now to purchase upgrades then I will quit. Dailies will never be fun for me and if you look on the offcial forums many others as well.

Plus i have heard negative things about the loot system in LFR in MoP, will take me a hell of a long time to gear up if what I hear is true. All of this combined won't be very fun...
    I know not everyone keeps up with everything wow related. But they stated this time around they wanted justice and valor points to fill in those slots you just couldn't get to drop in dingeons/raids. Not to be filling every slot with them before you go in.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:59 PM ----------

It's also BAD for making gold. I make way more money farming mats. Ghost Iron ore is EVERYWHERE. I sell it for 300g a stack of bars. Hell even doing the regular lvling quests makes more money than dailies. At lvl 90 the regular lvling quests reward their XP as gold and you make CASH MONEY doing it that way.

You remember running in WOTLK? How you sometimes had 4 versions of the same raid to run? You remember everyone (including so many people on this forum) praising Blizzard for moving to a single raid lock out because they felt forced they had to run every version of the dungeon they can? Well then you know why I feel the same way about dailies.
    I meant these coins http://www.wowhead.com/currency=697 not gold sorry.

Yes i remember wotlk. there was only 1 raid with 4 options. ToC was release as the starter to what we have now. before that ulduar/naxx was only 10/25 and icc brought about shareed heroic/normal lockouts.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-10-05 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know not everyone keeps up with everything wow related. But they stated this time around they wanted justice and valor points to fill in those slots you just couldn't get to drop in dingeons/raids. Not to be filling every slot with them before you go in.
    That would make sense if lfr wasn't 463. They announced their going to nerf it 460 but it's still mindless. It basically means look your fucked. Accept rng, accept ninja looting and accept people leaving the groups when the bosses you need gear from don't drop anything. JP gear has NEVER been about filling slots. It was and always SHOULD be a method to combat RNG and aid in progressive gearing of ones toon. Not filling in slots. Dude you know who filles in slots? THe shitty green vendors in the zones you can buy gear from. That's retarded, I read that to from Blizzard I couldn't believe it.

Furthermore it NEVER filled in every slot before I went in. I use all kinds of dungeon drops. At one point it was in healthy balance, it's so fucked up now it's not even funny.
    The hammer comes down:

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Substance, not even once.

Please try again

Actually it's 'less', not more. Far less than previous patches actually.

So yes, releasing less content = milking it.
    4.0 - Revamped Old World, 2 Races, 5 levels.

4.1 - Two revamped old dungeons.

5.0 - New race, new class, new continent, 5 levels, pet battles, 6(?) scenarios, 9 challenge modes.

5.1 - New daily hubs, new PvE "arena-esque" gameplay, item upgrades, pet upgrades...

Yep, less content.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

That is a false interpretation. Like you can interpret "more to do" on so many levels. Could be more dungeons? more gear? more pets to battle? more zones to visit? and yes more raids. Your not gonna like to hear this but I think what people wanted was more raids and gear. Not more dailies because that's easy and ultimately boring I feel. I mean it's hard to say what people wanted but if I had to guess it would be exactly that. More character progression. That doesn't mean more dailies but more of the same ways they had already had to make their guy stronger.
    And Blizzard has more to do. You've got Heroics, scenarios, dailies, new battlegrounds, raids including LFR for those who didn't in the past, pet battles, challenge modes. That's more than past expansions have offered up front, yet people are acting like dailies is the only thing implemented.

More dungeons? Yeah, I'm going to wait and see on this one. Think about it this way; you put in 13 dungeons. End of the first two months people are geared and don't have reason to go back, particularly if LFR, dailies, challenge modes, scenarios are offering valor points for less time input. Alternatively, you could release 6 dungeons, 2 in a patch, 3 in a patch, 2 in a patch. If Blizz is planning that remains to be seen.

More gear. Yeah, I don't think make more armor is what people asked for as content. I'm pretty sure an extra 3 sets would be far more underwhelming than more dailies.

More pets the battle....there's plenty at the start.

More zones, sure. More raids? Sure. Here's the thing. The expectations are unrealistic. Blizzard's raids and encounters aren't something that you should expect to have spit out on a monthly basis. If we were still in the EverQuest days of tank n spank don't stand in shit for every encounter, then we could. I'll agree we should expect more than Cataclysm delivered, though. Wrath had Ulduar, Toc, and ICC. Large, small, large in its patches. I think that's a fair expectation for an expansion.

The daily quest chains are almost like new zones. As you progress through them, you get more story with a conclusion at exalted. Why people have concluded +20, +30, +40 strength equates to the exclusive concept of character progression is beyond me. Just stacking bigger numbers on armor isn't the only way to expand an MMO, raids are the exclusive feature that MMOs exist for. And yes, that's what I feel like I hear the most.

More raids, new raids, more raids, no more leveling, no more questing, no dailies, raid, raid, raid. That's what I see from a multitude of complaints. And yes, I'm serious, but no, I'm not specifically directing that observation to you.

Yes. Seriously how asanine of a question is that? Obviously not. We got an expansion filled with daily quests and the first patch is more daily quests and more rep grinds. Yea they've been catering to one group alright...
    So just out of curiosity....are you fully cleared on raids? Armory's fully geared head to toe in raid epics, right?

Edit: Okay, not head to toe, but the items that you can get from raids so far? My understanding was the valor gear wasn't a necessity to get into opening raids. You CAN start without 'em, right?

Maybe they should have gone back to BC method. Last boss drops a badge in heroics. Gather badges, buy loot.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-05 at 06:33 PM.

LOL 2.7 mill sold in first week and cata sold 3.3 in the first DAY.

Bye bye wow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post

Bye bye wow
    Awesome sig

/brofist

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post

Bye bye wow
    welp guild wars 2 and star wars sold worse so i guess its bye bye mmo genre
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552