Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    My bad. I didn't know that. Didn't need to blow up or anything. That's good I like that. Look forward to it then.
    I think I have heard that you are able to use potions and other similar buffs, still. Something to pay in mind when doing them (at least if you are going to aim for gold).

I really enjoy it so far. few issues with professions that annoy me but on the whole really good. One complaint, not enough dungeons. They only have half the amount that was released in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    My head blew up when you said that you need gear for challenge modes.... that lock your item level up/down.... to one specific item level.
    Not agreeing with everything he's saying but, Challenge modes only scale gear down, they don't scale them up. Also itemization does make the kind of gear your wearing matter, even if the item level is nerfed, the item budget is usually just better utilized.

More on topic: MoP has been one of my favorite expacs so far. The only thing I hate is the massive amount of reputation grinds they put in the game, and the pace of rewards from them. It's really weird to get a 437 green from a quest that required Klaxxi Revered. I'm not asking for epics from quests, but the pacing vs rewards is just really off and makes the reputation grinds feel pretty unrewarding but still needed for people who are looking to get the best gear they possibly can for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I think I have heard that you are able to use potions and other similar buffs. Something to pay in mind when doing them (at least if you are going to aim for gold).
    I don't think that it's an option to use potions, it's a necessity if you want to be half decent at challenge modes. Hopefully it is like that, I pray to the gods that it is like that, would give a sense of challenge back, which is what it's all about, it is called challenge mode after all. Pretty stocked to try it out, however, I sadly feel that it's more of a timed run than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I really enjoy it so far. few issues with professions that annoy me but on the whole really good. One complaint, not enough dungeons. They only have half the amount that was released in BC.
    It would have been an okay amount if they weren't cleared so fast and easily. I don't ever plan on going into Siege of Niuzao Temple again, and I've only done it once. Sadly, random is random.

3 to 4 more dungeons would have been most welcome.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-05 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symph View Post
    Not agreeing with everything he's saying but, Challenge modes only scale gear down, they don't scale them up. Also itemization does make the kind of gear your wearing matter, even if the item level is nerfed, the item budget is usually just better utilized.
    In that case is their an ideal item lvl I should have before I try them? Or any kind of marker before I know I'm good to go?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I don't think that it's an option to use potions, it's a necessity if you want to be half decent at challenge modes. Hopefully it is like that, I pray to the gods that it is like that, would give a sense of challenge back, which is what it's all about, it is called challenge mode after all. Pretty stocked to try it out, however, I sadly feel that it's more of a timed run than anything else.
    It's a necessity to use potions. Mostly potions of invisibility though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    In that case is their an ideal item lvl I should have before I try them? Or any kind of marker before I know I'm good to go?
    As long as you didn't just ding 90, you should be fine. Bronze is attainable before 463 gear, but it's up to you.
    Last edited by Symph; 2012-10-05 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Loving it all.

Only few gripes for me would be the amount of valor earned per dungeon/quest, messy reputation rewards (revered for 463, honored for 489) and gated reputations.

Raid difficulty for normal, currently on elegon but hope to be able to do heroics next time =[.

Its ok - but not something Im willing to spend much time or money on. So I wanted to unsub after 1 year of annual sub. Payed the 12th month on September 22nd so thought I had done my part. But no... BLizzard is not allowing me to unsub until on the 22nd of october - AFTER the 13th month payment starts. Thats how low BLizzard is sinking to force extra month out of ppl. Disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    Click the sig? But, it doesn't matter, because I've replaced all my gear by now. -.-

Also, I'm done arguing with you. We're off topic, and it isn't nice to the OP.
    You cleared normal 5 man dungeons in DS gear?

That's a far cry from clearing naxx25 in Sunwell gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it. I was not optimistic at all. And I hated the Pandaren theme. But so far I'm having a blast.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

PvP balance:
    I PvP mainly as a flag carrier as that is my enjoyment. I find it odd that I heal for more damage then I do currently but that might be gear related.

PvE balance:
    Not much experience here except when I hit 90 I found it odd that in LFG I can't que for random. I have not run another LFG since then so not sure if completing the instance still gives me JP. I hope it does...

Overall I would give it an 8 as it stands right now. There is tons of content and I have yet to take part in a lot of it...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I really like it. I was not optimistic at all. And I hated the Pandaren theme. But so far I'm having a blast.
    Exactly how I feel. It's funny, really.

When they announced Cataclysm at Blizzcon, I was pumped. Seeing crazy Deathwing and a destroyed Azeroth in the trailer got me excited, and I just felt like it would be an amazing expansion. It was okay. I stayed subbed and whatnot, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be.

When they announced Mists at Blizzcon, my boyfriend and I were just.. speechless in a bad way. We were just like "Is this a joke..?" and talked about quitting WoW. However, we are both really enjoying Mists a lot. I'm really enjoying the Asian theme of the game, and the Pandaren are portrayed as a respectable race than a joke like we initially thought they were.

Honestly the only thing we're not too happy about is the huge rep grind. But the dailies aren't that bad. They are more group-friendly now. The quest items drop for both my bf & me when we're doing them together, so we're not having to kill double the amount of mobs like we used to do. So we're surviving. =)
    I am a filthy casual!

MOP is the best expansion since Wrath. In other words it is a lot better than Cataclysm was for me, they went too far with the dailies grinding though.. it's absolutely ridiculous. All round though a great expansion so far for me.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You cleared normal 5 man dungeons in DS gear?

That's a far cry from clearing naxx25 in Sunwell gear.
    Didnt read the conversation, but looking back the jump of gear from TBC - Wrath was much smaller than the gear jump from Wrath - Cata or Cata - MOP. The Kil'Jaeden sunwell gloves were basically as good for me as the gloves that dropped in 25man Naxx, due to insane itemisation. Sunwell gear was great and the conversion rating drop and gear quality rise from TBC - Wrath wasnt big enough.

So that is why Sunwell gear was good enough to clear Naxx 25. Sure Naxx was easy and too easy, but most guilds didnt kill it all right away even so, and most people did replace their Sunwell gear, infact most people didnt have Sunwell gear, only the best guilds in the world had Sunwell gear, and most of those replaced what they could when they could, and the guild who did it first? Well they were none other than the same guild who had already got world first in that same raid instance just over 2 years prior at lvl60, there was nothing new to be learned.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-06 at 07:06 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    For me it's really the best expansion so far. My expectations were exceeded in every possible way. Be it the leveling, the raiding, dailies, professions or the world. It's really, really good stuff and you see that Blizzard has tried to raise the bar for content once again.

So back when I bought it, I didn't really expect too much from it. Pandaria didn't sound that interesting, it seemed to be aimed at a different target audience. While playing through it though I immediately got the feeling of being sucked into the game world again. The story, the landscape, the factions, the instances really feel great and alive. A feeling I had last in BC.

I am really glad MoP turned out the way it did. I hope it helps WoW stay successful, because in my opinion MoP was the best possible direction for WoW.

You've guessed it, I'd give it a 10/10 .

Note: At this point it's impossible to say anything about balance so I refrain from doing it.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2012-10-06 at 11:20 AM.

honest opinion? it's one of their best. It feels almost like TBC again, lets be honest, while WoTLK and CATA where fine and dandy lore wise, on a whole those xpacs where terrible. Been waiting a long time to enjoy the game again, and it has finally happened.
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    How can you say that when heroics aren't even out yet?
    seriously? You have to ask that? He is obviously talking about what HE experienced SO FAR. Which is what THIS TOPIC is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i have seen so far i would give it a good 8 i really like the story so far