Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You need your hit and expertise cap, until then those are the best stats, no matter how good crit is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    Just a question about your enchants, isn't Windsong better than dancing steel considering Crit is worth more than Str?
    No. There's only a chance that the buff you will get will be crit. You can also gain a haste or mastery buff. It might have been a different case if it was based upon your highest stat but right now, you can get any of the three and even more than one at once.

Deleted
    Is Simcraft not working correctly?
    Build 16048 provides the following stat weights: Hit > Str > Exp > Crit > Mastery > Haste (1.04 > 1 > 0,93 > 0,77 > 0,28 > 0,16)

This cannot possibly be right, can it?

Deleted
    TG > SMF

or

SMF > TG

Deleted
    According to Simcraft - with the same (crappy) gear Arms outdoes TG fury by 9.000 dps... stat weights seem to be the only problem since arms values STR > crit...

So.

I hear Bloodbath is the superior talent in all scenarios, what do you guys think?

Deleted
    I was wondering as i will be raiding like most of you next week,
    As we are in Blue's HC/some crafts, is it worth prioritising mad hozen elixer and crit food over the strenght food/flasks?
    950 crit vs 1300 strenght.

I apologise if this has been stated before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

Just to say I'm a Fury TG warrior

I'm having difficulty deciding between a few pieces of gear due to the fact I'm an engineer.
    With my crafted goggles and Ghost Iron dragonling I have 5 slots for tinker's gears (+600 to a stat).
    These gears are unique-equipped so I'd have to have 1 of each (crit, hit, expertise, haste and mastery).

I'm wondering if using both the engineering items with the 5 tinker's wheels is best or, if I should swap the Ghost Iron Dragonling for
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268

and use the goggles with Hit and expertise tinker's wheels in (until I can swap one for a crit tinker wheel).

My armory is in my signature if anyone wants to look, much appreciated if anyone can provide some insight.
    Last edited by Arch0s; 2012-10-01 at 04:36 PM.

A small question, I guess it applies to both arms and fury since their stat weights are roughly the same (and no arms thread to ask said question), with the new stat weights of crit > str, would the new coren direbrew trinket be better than carbonic carbuncle? It'd be crit and an ap proc, versus strength and a crit proc.

Does SMF have worse AoE than TG?

Deleted
    It's so much fun but also so irritating to have:

A) 2 Specs that are both competitive
    B) Within 1 of those 2 specs there are 2 styles that are both competitive
    C) 90 Talents that all serve a purpose based on fight characteristics

Right now I've been spending most of my time on TG, with some SMF tryouts. As long as Fury is close to Arms I won't touch the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    Hello,

Just to say I'm a Fury TG warrior

I'm having difficulty deciding between a few pieces of gear due to the fact I'm an engineer.
    With my crafted goggles and Ghost Iron dragonling I have 5 slots for tinker's gears (+600 to a stat).
    These gears are unique-equipped so I'd have to have 1 of each (crit, hit, expertise, haste and mastery).

I'm wondering if using both the engineering items with the 5 tinker's wheels is best or, if I should swap the Ghost Iron Dragonling for
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268

and use the goggles with Hit and expertise tinker's wheels in (until I can swap one for a crit tinker wheel).

My armory is in my signature if anyone wants to look, much appreciated if anyone can provide some insight.
    Considering how cheap/easy is it to swap cogs I'd work around it, you're gonna dump that trinket once you get a better one and less issue with hitting the hit/expertise caps. I don't know if it was intended to be "Unique Equipped" in the way they were, seems like it should have been more intended to just be on a item so you couldn't say, put three Crit cogs into the trinket. Since you only have Crit, Haste and Mastery in the trinket and the Carbuncle already you might want to go farm Coren for the Coaster for more Crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    So.

I hear Bloodbath is the superior talent in all scenarios, what do you guys think?
    I find avatar vastly superior to BB, with recklessness, banner and trinket im like a steamroller. Cant comment on Sb mind.

Sorry if this is a very stupid question, as the answer probably already lies in the lines I'm quoting:

"You should only be using Berserker Rage if Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash are on CD and Enrage is not proc'd or is about to fall off. This continues throughout execute phase."

-even if colossus smash (the debuff) is up and the only on gcd move available is wild strike, it is better to use a wild strike than to pop berserker rage and fit in an extra raging blow during the cs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Sorry if this is a very stupid question, as the answer probably already lies in the lines I'm quoting:

"You should only be using Berserker Rage if Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash are on CD and Enrage is not proc'd or is about to fall off. This continues throughout execute phase."

-even if colossus smash (the debuff) is up and the only on gcd move available is wild strike, it is better to use a wild strike than to pop berserker rage and fit in an extra raging blow during the cs?
    I should probably reword that but yes, a buffed WS is better than overwriting your enrage with a Berserker Rage. You want to keep maximal uptime.

Hello Rustynip and others that would like to help

First off I would just like to ask your help with my Warrior Recknitt, I'm in a top raiding guild currently 4/6 Mogu'Shan Vaults, we are currently World 23 (25 Man) and my damage has been really bad, I've been hovering around 15-18th spot on the meters, I've been benched because of this. If you are willing to help me with this it will be greatly appreciated.

I was told Fury was better from a couple of friends who saw the Simcraft for T14 Normal and Heroic. I have no clue how to use Simcraft.

Are there any pieces of Heroic Gear (463) that I should work on getting? I know both the Axes from Scholomance are better then my swords, also the leg plates from Scarlet Halls, and the un droppable ring from Mogu'Shan Palace.

My Armory (Fury): us(dot)battle(dot)net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Recknitt/advanced

My logs: worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/3y3d9usdmxclhvl9/sum/damageDone

When I start a fight I pop all my Cds, I hit Recklessness, Trinket Lessons of the Darkmaster, Avatar, Berzerker Rage, Skull Banner and then Deadly Calm. I use Enrage Addon to help me with my Rotation, I use ReforgeLite for my reforging, and I have the best enchants I can get. I understand that my stat priority is now 7.5% Hit = 7.5% Expertise > Crit > Str > Mastery > Haste.

My Rotation is BT>CS>RB>WS with the BS procs x3> HS with CS up> HS rage dump at above 80 rage and Execute below 20% . Sometimes I'm rage starved and I can't do any attacks I just white hit for about 2 GCD. Guides say use Heroic Leap all the time, but how do you do it without losing damage on the boss do you run out of range then leap in?

I've looked at the MMO Champ Fury Warrior Guide, I've looked at Noxxic, I've read the Icy Veins guide. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

If you don't have time to help I completely understand. I will just make a forum post instead.

Thanks,

Recknitt.

Deleted
    Im actually prot but took a look at your log.
    Few things i noticed on the kill log for garajal and spirit kings.
    You used DC once on both kills.
    You miss avatar uses.
    Not sure, but cant see a single skull banner, maybe wol is bugged.
    Besides the pull, you dont sync anything up.
    For example on garajal, you popped pot, let it run to 2 sec left then popped reck, had you waited ~15 secs, lined both +added trinket and actually used avatar a 2nd time, during execute phase, im sure that damage would have been a lot higher.

Add to that low ability use (for example, you did 91 BT on spirit kings, you could have made 124 (counting 5 sec cd instead of 4.5). You could also have fitted in ~7 more CS).

Hope that helps
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2012-10-05 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on my phone so ill take a look at your logs after but for now:

Opening rotation is key. You want to pump out the most damage in that first few seconds while you have all your procs up. The way I do mine is: (Battle Stance) charge> Skull Banner > BT > Avatar/Bloodbath > Dragon Roar > Reck if 0 RB stacks > CS+IR > Reck if 1+ RB stacks > BT...

The reason I check to see my RB stacks before I hit reck is because you don't want to overproc by getting a CS crit and a BT crit when you've already got one stack. BT during reck is guaranteed to proc RB so you don't have to worry about it being unusable.

Another good habit to get into is pre planning your encounters. Look at previous kill times, guilds similar to your's kill times and figure out how many times you're going to be able to use your CDs. For example, my elegon kill is going to be around 9:20-9:45 so that means that reck can only be used twice so you should use it in the beginning then save it for execute phase, avatar can potentially be used 3 times but around the 3 minute mark you're generally on conduit/add phase so it might be a waste but you have to be the judge. Last use should be saved for reck. Continue doing this for all of your offensive and defensive CDs and tailor them around certain aspects of each fight and you'll notice a substantial dps increase.

Quick things to look for would include burn phases, increases boss damage taken phases, saving defensive CDs for points of massive raid damage, etc.

One thing that a lot of people overlook is stance dancing. Yes, it's still alive and well in MoP! Whenever you're in a period of sustained aoe damage or whenever you know you're about to take a decent size chunk of damage, preemptively hope into berserker stance and use it to your advantage. Same applies to defensive stance when you know that the incoming damageight possibly kill you. Just be wary of your threat while in defensive and get out of that stance as soon as you can.

Ill add more and go over your logs later when I get home.

Hope this helped

I take it we're still using Whirlwind over Wild Strike as TG with the Raging Wind glyph?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I take it we're still using Whirlwind over Wild Strike as TG with the Raging Wind glyph?
    Unless recent hotfixes adjust the damage then were still ww