Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is just awesome! Im in love <33

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Since its been made public, Here's one awesome QoL feature we can share;

Posted on Official Forums by Tacitus.

I am done teasing now that the Beta rounds have begun. I am just going to preview this note from the upcoming patch notes:
    PATCH NOTES: GENERAL * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe. Mix and match - the world is your closet! Hold on, let me repeat that. * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe.

Source

Now a Melee Mage can look like a freaking Heavy Duty Plate Wearer. So above and Beyond IMBA.
    Holy balls, I'M SO HAPPY! Seriously. I love outfits. Like. A lot. And there's SO much awesome cloth/leather/plate my cleric can't wear. I'm so fucking stoked for this. Like, really, this kinda small thing is a really big deal for me for some reason ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Holy balls, I'M SO HAPPY! Seriously. I love outfits. Like. A lot. And there's SO much awesome cloth/leather/plate my cleric can't wear. I'm so fucking stoked for this. Like, really, this kinda small thing is a really big deal for me for some reason ^_^

Slacker...get in beta and add me to friends... Azuri

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they do any big updates this afternoon/evening? I suppose I could like.... open up Rift. =X

I... want to talk.... about it! XD
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

DDDD I was building my justicar to be like a warrior priest of sigmar, and now...YES ROBES/CIRCS HERE I COME

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment that NDA comes up, I'm hitting twitch.tv hardcore. Will livestream lots. Whenever I can and then I'll totally do streaming of my quest to 60 when the game is launched.

Because: nerd.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The moment that NDA comes up, I'm hitting twitch.tv hardcore. Will livestream lots. Whenever I can and then I'll totally do streaming of my quest to 60 when the game is launched.

Because: nerd.
    I Feel it too. The beta has been one incredible helping of awesomesauce and culminating in one big epic nerdgasm.

I would so love to discuss and share my experiences on it so far. so much shit I didn't expect and it feels so damn good to have every one of your expectations shattered.

In the mean time, I leave you all with another QoL change that's been made public:

Originally Posted by Tassos
    Combo points stay with rogue instead of target. Or were my eyes deceiving me?
    Originally Posted by Elrar
    They totally do!

Source
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Awesome! I love Storm Legion. Time to start counting down to the release day :-)

I Feel it too. The beta has been one incredible helping of awesomesauce and culminating in one big epic nerdgasm.

I would so love to discuss and share my experiences on it so far. so much shit I didn't expect and it feels so damn good to have every one of your expectations shattered.

In the mean time, I leave you all with another QoL change that's been made public:

Originally Posted by Tassos
    Combo points stay with rogue instead of target. Or were my eyes deceiving me?
    Originally Posted by Elrar
    They totally do!

Source
    Hartsman showed that during PAX while he was showing off the new bard skills. Just like the fact that you don't have to refresh your motifs, your finishers do that for you.

Sigh that choice is becoming harder and harder. SL does look awesome. Waiting until I get more information to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Sigh that choice is becoming harder and harder. SL does look awesome. Waiting until I get more information to make a decision.
    Once the NDA is lifted there will be a ton of information to sift through. the notes on Quality of Life Changes alone are extremely lengthy, so I think you'd be in a position to have enough data to make a well thought out decision. Best of luck
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Once the NDA is lifted there will be a ton of information to sift through. the notes on Quality of Life Changes alone are extremely lengthy, so I think you'd be in a position to have enough data to make a well thought out decision. Best of luck
    This is entering fucking ridiculous levels right now. I do not know how they had the time. Once people see it they will literally be shocked

Since its been made public, Here's one awesome QoL feature we can share;

Posted on Official Forums by Tacitus.

I am done teasing now that the Beta rounds have begun. I am just going to preview this note from the upcoming patch notes:
    PATCH NOTES: GENERAL * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe. Mix and match - the world is your closet! Hold on, let me repeat that. * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe.

Source

Now a Melee Mage can look like a freaking Heavy Duty Plate Wearer. So above and Beyond IMBA.
    This is enough to make me resub

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is entering fucking ridiculous levels right now. I do not know how they had the time. Once people see it they will literally be shocked
    Good to see how your opinion has changed.

I've wanted to tell you for so long.

How 's the graphics , lag , how does it preform on older pc's ( if anyone is playing on one )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zani View Post
    How 's the graphics , lag , how does it preform on older pc's ( if anyone is playing on one )
    Graphics are amazing and lag is usually nonexistant in Rift - their servers rock.

Unfortunately most older PCs have to run the Low FX Renderer, which is, I feel like being redundant for, unfortunate. It isn't nearly as pretty as the non-Low FX, but Rift can even run high end computers of today to the ground depending where you are, so yeah, not quite the same as playing a game like WoW. =/
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I have never put this in any form before but this deserves a life first for me OH MY GOD!!!! Yes I went there and that doesn't even describe it anywhere near enough

While I can't give specifics about the expansion because of the NDA, what I can say is that the new city is freaking amazing - just jaw droppingly beautiful with some really cool music, and Dimensions are just AWESOME. I am going to spend so many hours building stuff in there! Minecraft eat your heart out.

Ok so without breaking NDA those of you who play/played WoW (prefer still playing, but w/e) how is it looking? I mean I really really like Rift (despite having a garbage PC that can't play above Low Quality Render), but I've always thought of leaving WoW and never actually done it. Everything I see about Storm Legion points to it being purely amazing, with everything, and the days are counting down to where I can make a decision regarding if I'm going to stick with MoP or leave for good. I hear nothing but good things, and Trion as a company has continually impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Ok so without breaking NDA those of you who play/played WoW (prefer still playing, but w/e) how is it looking? I mean I really really like Rift (despite having a garbage PC that can't play above Low Quality Render), but I've always thought of leaving WoW and never actually done it. Everything I see about Storm Legion points to it being purely amazing, with everything, and the days are counting down to where I can make a decision regarding if I'm going to stick with MoP or leave for good. I hear nothing but good things, and Trion as a company has continually impressed me.
    Really difficult to answer this post without turning this into a game vs. game thread, or breaking the NDA.

If I let the Expansion alone speak on its merits, I'll say this:

The evolution of the game through this expansion is unprecedented. I'm not talking small scale features here and there, I'm saying almost every little thing has been revamped for the better. (I honestly didn't think it possible, but it is very much the case). the four new souls (3 of which have been revealed) are game changing in every aspect. you can be a melee healer, An AOE DPser using flamethrowers while moving around, and play Thor as a warrior) the new combinations alone are staggering and the Beta Forums are full of posts from people trying out new viable and fun specs.

The expansion contains one and a half times (to double) what I've grown to expect from expansions offered by other MMO's, and the stress test(s) on live beta servers have been Q&A fests with developers fielding a significant amount of questions and giving answers to a playerbase which has, for most part, been overwhelmingly positive in their feedback. (they rotated so as to take breaks but keep us engaged)

Hell, Its even impressed Puremallace (our resident loveable grouch) and that is really saying something.

Honestly speaking, Trion is proof that not all change has to be controversial, and while we are a very small community here, you can see from our posts and feedback just how happy we are with what they're doing with this expansion.

Objectively speaking? it is worth at least giving it a try. the worst that can happen to you from a choice perspective is that you'll find your heart is still in WoW and leave, but you will get your money's worth at the very least. for all my QQ, one of the nicest feelings from a gamer's POV is actually looking at your toons on the login screen telling yourself, "I can't decide which one to main because I can't tell which is the most fun."