Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Am i the only person that sees the irony in this?
    I purposely typed that out to show that when you have anything game vs game related you can't take it seriously... Sorry that you didn't get it,

Can we get a mod waring in here before this turns into yet another wow vs x thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I will bash MoP to death. You can't stop me.
    Oh god... I bet you get a kick out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Oh god... I bet you get a kick out of it.
    You said you can't take me seriously. Whoever said you have to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    You said you can't take me seriously. Whoever said you have to?
    Everyone is an individual. If you hate wow so much, hate the very guts of MOP why are you here to hate. I'm only here responding because I am in a waiting list of 2K to actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Ouch, sold less than Wrath did.

That can't be good :<

I took the liberty of highlighting this so you'll take your own advice and get your shit together.

ToR is far from dead. I hate to break it to you.

And GW2 is anything but treading water. I don't know where you got that from, but it seems you're just saying it to make yourself feel better?

WoW gained back 900,000. Nice. But it needs, and I stress needs to not lose those by next quarter. Or we're screwed once again.

Also, please don't quote Romney if you're only going to screw it up and make yourself look bad.

Shut up. Wow has 10 million subscribers. At 5 million, hell even 2 million it would be a money making machine.

There is nothing to worry about. And no we were never screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is there really 40 pages on this? They sold as many copies as Wrath/BC which were the best expansions. So, if other things line up like those, it will be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Tell you the truth, I really dont care about the lore and the whole panda thing. The only thing that turned me off was the talents, if they would kept the talent tree and modified it a little, I would be still playing ... I didnt really want a new game just new content

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It's a reflection of Wrath's success. The 600k less for MoP is a reflection of Cata's failure.
    Actually I would say it a reflection of Lich King's success and Cata's failure. That makes more sense. A lot of people were driven away from the game by Cata. Many seem to be coming back for MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I really dislike MOP, so I cancelled. If you feel the same way, don't pay Blizzard for turning their backs on the long time players. There will be some boob who now will come in on his white horse and declare " I am the long time player and I like it!!" Yeah ok....not buying it.
    Played since March 2006. I love MoP.

MoP is the new wow killer..

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    MoP is the new wow killer..
    No it isn't.

WoW is not dead/dying in any sense of the word. At all.

10 million subscribers. More than all the other MMO's on the market. Sorry but that tells me that there are many people still enjoying this game and will continue to enjoy it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Do you actually know the story behind the pandaren?
    do you? the first incarnation of panda's were just sketches by one of the artists on the warcraft design team, april fool's day, during WC3 beta testing they were added into a campaign to more or less make fun of EQ's in-game /pizza delivery service.

with that being said, whatever "story" they want to spin about them doesnt really matter, to the handful of us that actually played the wc3 beta, myself included.

let it be known, i hold no hatred for this expansion, i just (IMO) wish they would of done the burning legion exp & end the game on a good note (IMO), instead of trying to bleed the series dry by adding this exp in between.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-10-06 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    do you? the first incarnation of panda's were just sketches by one of the artists on the warcraft design team, april fool's day, during WC3 beta testing they were added into a campaign to more or less make fun of EQ's in-game /pizza delivery service.
    Panda-people pre-date the Warcraft incarnations, Samwise has drawn tonnes in variour warrior forms.

with that being said, whatever "story" they want to spin about them doesnt really matter, to the handful of us that actually played the wc3 beta, myself included.

let it be known, i hold no hatred for this expansion, i just (IMO) wish they would of done the burning legion exp & end the game on a good note (IMO), instead of trying to bleed the series dry by adding this exp in between.
    We couldn't go to kick demon ass without fully exploring Azeroth, and like it or not Pandaria has been in the lore since pre-WoW.

For a game, 2.7 million period is good, so 2.7 million in a week is awesome.

For a WoW game, it's a big step back. Selling half a million less in a week than the last xpack did in a single day? It's pretty clear MoP is the least successful xpack in terms of sales at this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    For a game, 2.7 million period is good, so 2.7 million in a week is awesome.

For a WoW game, it's a big step back. Selling half a million less in a week than the last xpack did in a single day? It's pretty clear MoP is the least successful xpack in terms of sales at this time
    As has been noted several times, starting off this expansion with a few million less players is bound to have an effect on sales/renewals the first day/week. We'll have to wait and see how it goes over the next few months. It's off to a good start.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As has been noted several times, starting off this expansion with a few million less players is bound to have an effect on sales/renewals the first day/week. We'll have to wait and see how it goes over the next few months. It's off to a good start.
    Most likely we will never really know how it does in NA/EU because they are going to roll the sub numbers in with Asia which really skews it IMO. The asian sub numbers are really cooked because of the system S. Korean and China uses. I wouldn't be surprised if the asian sub numbers were actually 3/4 of what they report.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    Most likely we will never really know how it does in NA/EU because they are going to roll the sub numbers in with Asia which really skews it IMO.
    Well the 2,7million is for EU/US/Oceania/Korea/Taiwan. The game is not out yet in China (although i pretty sure i read its been approved). Considering China players dont buy expac...they simply pay per hour, so we get a good idea what the actual number of WoW players is. With the holidays nopt too far away and some having bought gw2 i think we might expect sales to read 3.5ish million before Dec. 31. But overall we can estimate the number of US players is probably 1 to 1.5 million (US servers are for Oceania too).

The 10 million subscribers thing, is for lack of a better word, bullshit.

6-7 million of their "subscribers" don't pay the box cost and don't pay for the expansions and generate about 10% of WoW's revenue.

You can't basically GIVE your game to a few million people and then try to brag about your number of subscribers.

Seems to me it takes about 10 Chinese subscribers to equal about 1 actual paying subscriber.

So in truth WoW has about 4 million real subscribers (which is still impressive) and another 6 million people who basically play the game for a few pennies.

Most likely we will never really know how it does in NA/EU because they are going to roll the sub numbers in with Asia which really skews it IMO. The asian sub numbers are really cooked because of the system S. Korean and China uses. I wouldn't be surprised if the asian sub numbers were actually 3/4 of what they report.
    Activision/Blizzard is a publicly held company. They aren't 'cooking' the numbers. That would leave them open for massive lawsuits. The way they are counting subscriptions is the way they have been counting them for years. We know that in Asia players don't buy the expansions and that they play the game for an hourly fee in Internet Cafe's. The general understanding has been that at its peak the game had 4 or 5 million subscribers in non-Asian countries. Those non-Asians buy the expansions and pay a fixed monthly fee of around $15. We don't know how much on average an Asian player spends monthly. It could be more that the equivalent of $15. it could be less. Clearly, Blizzard is very interested in the Chinese market which suggests that they feel there's plenty of money to be made there. The fact is that WOW is and continues to be the most successful MMORPG ever.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The 10 million subscribers thing, is for lack of a better word, bullshit.

6-7 million of their "subscribers" don't pay the box cost and don't pay for the expansions and generate about 10% of WoW's revenue.

You can't basically GIVE your game to a few million people and then try to brag about your number of subscribers.

Seems to me it takes about 10 Chinese subscribers to equal about 1 actual paying subscriber.

So in truth WoW has about 4 million real subscribers (which is still impressive) and another 6 million people who basically play the game for a few pennies.
    What's your source for the Asian market only generating 10% of WOW revenue? I've never seen that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's all exactly right. The only real point I was trying to make is that expecting numbers like Cataclysm had on its first day when you're down 25% to start with is silly. As it is we don't know how much of that 2.7 was counted as first day as it is. It's an interesting conversation and I like speculating about things as much as anyone but it's good to keep in mind that it's mostly that and despite anything we say, the game goes on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."