[Prot] First Valor Point purchase?

So, trying to figure out whether I should pick up a cloak from ShadoPan, neck from Klaxxi, or ring from GL...or wait till next week and buy Klaxxi pants, since Will of the Emperor drops the tier pants and I doubt my guild will be killing Elegon for a while. Any thoughts?

I can't decide either.

Golden Lotus ring has dodge/parry, the dps one has crit/exp - exp being a better stat now, should I get the dps one?
    Klaxxi neck has parry/hit, the dps one has haste/mastery - which are both good stats for prot, should I get the dps one?
    Klaxxi belt also has hit/parry, the dps one mastery/crit.

what did the other prot palas on here buy?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tempted by the haste/mastery neck, but I haven't purchased anything yet, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    I can't decide either.

Golden Lotus ring has dodge/parry, the dps one has crit/exp - exp being a better stat now, should I get the dps one?
    Klaxxi neck has parry/hit, the dps one has haste/mastery - which are both good stats for prot, should I get the dps one?
    Klaxxi belt also has hit/parry, the dps one mastery/crit.

what did the other prot palas on here buy?
    For me I plan to stay away from anything that has crit on it. Crit does absolutely nothing, while parry and dodge is still somewhat okay even if it doesn't play well with mastery.

I went for the parry hit neck. I had a 450 neck and am tired of the dungeons already. I get that haste is a go-to stat now but im a bit on the fence yet and have grown comfy with my current way of tanking.

I believe the Cloak is the only VP item that is best in slot. Anyway, that's what I went with. Might pick up the neck or ring next.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TehFurbolg View Post
    How is haste a good stat?
    Isn't it simply 'not as awful as it was before but still rather awful'?
    It's not as awful as it was before but still has a lower priority most of the time. The way haste could help with prot is reducing cool downs on HOPO generating abilities so you can use SoTR more often for the 3 second benefit.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I'm tempted by the haste/mastery neck, but I haven't purchased anything yet, either.
    Elitest Jerks has a big parse on it. How it ends up turning out is that our strongest stats are Hit and Expertise until hard cap (that means Parry capped for Expertise), then Mastery and Haste. Haste is ridiculously strong in big numbers because it increases our Holy Power income, which means more stacks of Bastion of Glory in a shorter period of time which leads to bigger Words of Glory on average.

Dodge and Parry are after Mastery and Haste in terms of usefulness, followed by Critical Hit rating with Spirit in absolute last place..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    Elitest Jerks has a big parse on it. How it ends up turning out is that our strongest stats are Hit and Expertise until hard cap (that means Parry capped for Expertise), then Mastery and Haste. Haste is ridiculously strong in big numbers because it increases our Holy Power income, which means more stacks of Bastion of Glory in a shorter period of time which leads to bigger Words of Glory on average.

Dodge and Parry are after Mastery and Haste in terms of usefulness, followed by Critical Hit rating with Spirit in absolute last place..

So does that mean we should be Reforging Parry/dodge into Haste and Mastery and just not caring what our dodge/parry percent is???

Deleted
    You should avoid haste for now, it's not actually beneficial until later gear levels where we can afford to get more of it without sacrificing all our other stats.

There's 2 approached atm, going for Parry "=" Dodge > Mastery > Exp/Hit
    and then Hit/Exp > Mastery > Parry / Dodge

I personally preffer the latter method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    You should avoid haste for now, it's not actually beneficial until later gear levels where we can afford to get more of it without sacrificing all our other stats.

There's 2 approached atm, going for Parry "=" Dodge > Mastery > Exp/Hit
    and then Hit/Exp > Mastery > Parry / Dodge

I personally preffer the latter method.
    The Thing is How much Parry/Dodge is too little?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Mêta/simple

Am i just too High on the Parry/dodge area or should we just dump as much parry/dodge into Mastery or is there a minimum parry/dodge we want to have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    The Thing is How much Parry/Dodge is too little?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Mêta/simple

Am i just too High on the Parry/dodge area or should we just dump as much parry/dodge into Mastery or is there a minimum parry/dodge we want to have?

Theck posted a macro on his blog

Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Ideal pre-dr parry/dodge ratio: 3.597, yours is %.3f%%, if too high reforge more parry to dodge",(GetParryChance()-3.67)/(GetDodgeChance()-5.01)))
    As long as you're close to the 3.6 ratio don't worry too much about how much you have.

Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman View Post
    So does that mean we should be Reforging Parry/dodge into Haste and Mastery and just not caring what our dodge/parry percent is???
    If hardcapping expertise is in fact the correct thing to do then you'd reforge into Expertise THEN Mastery over Haste.