Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tank damage is this high so that tanks can carry bads through the dungeon finder without it taking too long.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricaCenarius View Post
    ah the salty, bitter, butthurt tears of "me,me,me!"

its a good thing the goal of a raid encounter isn't to work as a group and defeat the boss, rather than mash buttons so you can troll post meters in /1 regardless of the outcome of the fight.
    Yeah legit argument. So why not go back to the classic style of wow raiding ? IT ONLY COUNTS TO KILL THE BOSS HERPA DERP. So let's reintroduce the buffadin and the combat rezzer.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Yeah legit argument. So why not go back to the classic style of wow raiding ? IT ONLY COUNTS TO KILL THE BOSS HERPA DERP. So let's reintroduce the buffadin and the combat rezzer.
    Ok, I would 100% play a support class or a tank class that was entirely set up around reducing damage (and somehow your damage reducing generated threat) while doing no damage.

But that's just me

The point is that me doing high damage as a tank doesn't make you do less damage. Later on you will outdamage me, it won't make me a worse tank.

Tanks only do that damage when they are hit with something that, premitigated, does a lot of damage, (or have a lot of adds that really add up, no pun intended)... thing is, it's not like groups are going to stack tanks and have them rotate taunts to keep their vengeance stacked... one or two people in the entire raid are going to have vegeance, and rarely two at the same time. You still need 5 to 6 people pulling high dps without vengeance to get anything down..

What's the real problem here? Epeen deflation? If you only raid to top meters or get ranked in logs, boohoo. Are you really crying yourselves to sleep at night over it? At least now tanks can matter... The idea of a tank only holding aggro while doing next to no damage is what kept people from wanting warriors to tank for so long... not when a druid or DK could keep up or beat bottom DPS. Time will show DPS can push some numbers, but now you can actually rely on tanks to do some damage themselves. So rather than needing X raidwide dps requiring everyone to do (X/5) or (X/6) dps to beat enrage, now you can factor (x/6) or (x/7).
    Also, consult with your healers... if you have a tank that has abilities that are based on AP, but reduce damage (such as Shield Barrier), are the tanks actually utilizing them, or just blowing the AP on damage?

I'm not getting outdps'd by tanks. Personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    The point is that me doing high damage as a tank doesn't make you do less damage. Later on you will outdamage me, it won't make me a worse tank.
    Well I guess than it would be fine as well for every dd using his damage gear to tank just as well as somebody who puts thought into gearing appropriately to avoid as much damage as possible. Or for any healer. I am aware that there are games that work that way out there but I consider them even worse balanced shitfests than this here.
    But well I'll see how it scales.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-10-07 at 04:30 AM.

So how does this affect you if the tank has really high dps? Do you feel discouraged? How does it negatively affect you or the raid, do your role, perform as a team, down the boss and get loot. ME ME ME!! No not you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    So how does this affect you if the tank has really high dps? Do you feel discouraged? How does it negatively affect you or the raid, do your role, perform as a team, down the boss and get loot. ME ME ME!! No not you.
    Hurts the person's ego and nothing more

who cares honestly.. if a tank is helping out that much good for him.. thats more dps added to a faster kill.. only a fucktard would complain and want that nerfed.. faster kills= faster loot.

Oh and to clarify, I don't really mind tanks doing high damage, they can easily do 90% of the damage normal dps would do and I wouldn't mind. Just the fact that logs on half of the fights are being dominated by tanks is ridiculous for me.

ITT: OP gets doodoo'd on by tanks and is embarrassed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This does nothing but benefit PvE players. Stop complaining that people are killing bosses faster than usual, who gives a flying fartsicle if you're getting beat on Recount?

If you're disturbed by the results of recount so much that you had to post a thread, there are other games that can give you the rush of watching a rectangle extend horizontally.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    More tank dps means more raid DPS. I'm happy about that (as a DPS), that way the boss dies faster.
    It might be a problem in PvP (again), but we'll see about that soon enough.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    I don't think high DMG of tanks is a problem. Only tanks that are hit have the high damage so it's not like tanks (tanking specs) are suddenly becoming a threat to damage dealers. It's nothing special really, just that one or two guys doing the toughest role get to do some numbers along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackone View Post
    No, because high tank dps relies on Vengeance even on non-gimmick fights and for Vengeance you need to be hit in the face. You can't just remove dps and play with 5 healers and 20 tanks. The only negative effect of high tank dps is hurt mage egos.
    I stand corrected.

Why does this matter?

In PvE our focus is on the boss dying, with all of us doing our best to ensure that happens. With a tank pulling the same numbers of a DPS the boss dies faster. Where have people got this perception that only DPS should be rocking the meters?

In PvP, it is a different matter because of the survivability they have, but in PvE I see no issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah I understand that, but my point is, I am a dps. I am supposed to do tons of damage to the boss, be his nightmare. I am doing everything to make my numbers higher, spending dozens of hours perfecting my playstyle, using dps consumables and spending tons of gold on the best crafts, enchants, gems etc. And here comes some tank, who does nothing really special about his damage, has survivability gear/gems/enchants/consumables, doesn't have any complex rotation, doesn't have to min/max. And yet he does more damage than me. Plus he actually performs role which point of is keeping aggro and staying alive and has nothing to do with dealing big damage. It's quite frustrating and takes away fun of being a dps to be honest.
    Yes, it sucks for dps that tank damage is through the roof at the moment, I only noticed that I was 5th or so (25m raid) when a dps told me. But for the bolded part in your quote, you deserve a slap.

yeah, whats wrong with tanks "having fun" right now with all the insane dps they are doing now? what is the big issue right?

i want to see if they would still consider it as "having fun" if druids and shamans could tank HCs if earth shield and barskin had a flaw of +300% armor and no CD on the ability....

this kind of bug cause tanks to be over arrogant , rush foward without waiting to MBs and accusing the group when they die alone somewhere 3 mob packs away...and the worst of all , if you try to confront them when they accuse you with lower dps than them, they just leave...

true story

Deleted
    you are complaining about your raid getting free dps?
    you are a team, you know?
    better raid dps is a huge favor.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well I guess than it would be fine as well for every dd using his damage gear to tank just as well as somebody who puts thought into gearing appropriately to avoid as much damage as possible. Or for any healer. I am aware that there are games that work that way out there but I consider them even worse balanced shitfests than this here.
    But well I'll see how it scales.
    But, for a tank to be effective as a tank, they need to still take as little damage as possible. One of the reasons that I'm expertise and hit capped is that Theck, over at Sacred Duty, has shown that this will smooth out my damage intake, causing me to take as few spikes as possible.
    Other tanks have different ways of getting this result.
    No tank will be effective in pure dps gear, at least early on in the tier.