Deleted

[TV] Red Dwarf X, welcome back

Anyone else pleased to see the return of the superb Red Dwarf on dave?
    if you missed it, its still as funny as ever.

BBC is making the show again, or? If so I'm really excited.

Deleted
    BBC gave up the rights, mate. its a brand new series on the dave freeview/satellite channel

Deleted
    I'm excited to see it back. I haven't watched the new series yet, but a relative of mine has and he said it felt like the old show.

So, let's just wait 'n' see.

Same actors?

Off topic: man, for the longest time I've been on the lookout for one of those Red Dwarf leather bomber jackets but they don't sell them anymore. =(

Chris Barrie has aged a bit hasn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    it was.... Okay, I guess.

It's not really as good as it used to be is it? I think the loss of Rob Grant has really hurt the writing, it's still funny, but it's not quite as clever as it used to be, there's less subtley and more slapstick to the jokes, which I tend not to find as funny.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. I wasn't a fan of the original very much. I'm sure I'll give a remake a try though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it was.... Okay, I guess.

It's not really as good as it used to be is it? I think the loss of Rob Grant has really hurt the writing, it's still funny, but it's not quite as clever as it used to be, there's less subtley and more slapstick to the jokes, which I tend not to find as funny.
    Yes, they missed many opportunities for humour imo.

Deleted
    I toast, therefore I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Yes, they missed many opportunities for humour imo.
    It's not even that, it's....

It's more like they've been very lazy with the writing, instead of trying to make genuinly funny jokes, they've just fallen back on Rimmer being an ass, Lister being disgusting, Cat being stupid and Kryten being a robot. I mean, was there a single joke in that episode which wasn't based in some way around that premise?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that was more the wanted to get back to the core characters and avoid the whole Kochanski arc
    it was the first episode hopefully the season opens up to more laughs
    just happy the series made a return either way
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

15+ Year Old Account
    If I were able to see it then yes... but I can´t.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was ok.

Not as shit as 7, 8 or 9 but not a good as 3, 4 or 5.

An improvement, let's see how the next couple of episodes pan out.

I never watched Red Dwarf, heard good things about it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's not even that, it's....

It's more like they've been very lazy with the writing, instead of trying to make genuinly funny jokes, they've just fallen back on Rimmer being an ass, Lister being disgusting, Cat being stupid and Kryten being a robot. I mean, was there a single joke in that episode which wasn't based in some way around that premise?
    I thought they dragged out the Swedish moose joke way too far, the whisker joke way too far and missed an opportunity with the hologram resentment glitch.

I just watched it a moment ago. Missed the first viewing and just been busy since.

It was an alright episode. But wasn't anything special. Cryton was acting a little too hard, and just looked way to human for his android part. If he had acted more stiff, it would've looked much better (like when he first entered the show).
    The guy who played Rimmer was the best actor out of the group towards the first half of the show.
    But the storyline in this episode wasn't to my liking.

The moose joke was funny at one point, being where Rimmer was studying and the Kat walked in and answered his question.

I would like to see more of the season and hope they are a bigger improvement over this, and Red Dwarf's Back to Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Delighted it's back, though having watched a good chunk of all the seasons they were showing in the run-up, it's odd seeing how old they've all gotten (like an above poster it's noticeable with Rimmer), and it is overall less funny, but I wasn't expecting a complete return to form anyway.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.