Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, ive only had minimal experience with KOTOR and therefore at a loss to see how epic it is adding yet another droid companion. given the hoops BW expects players to jump through just to add this unlockable companion...i guess if you happen to be bored with nothing else better to do in-game, would be the only reason i'd even bother. in the end, i just really resent being forced to level an opposite faction alt, when most if not all my character slots are already taken and ive resorted to having faction specific servers only. even if more slots were opened up so i did not have to delete an alt, in many cases ive already started to level those opposite faction classes on another server...couldnt bear the grind all over again.

no thanks.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    honestly, ive only had minimal experience with KOTOR
    I think I see the problem.

By the way, you can have up to 12 characters per server now. They raised the cap in the last big server consolidation.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

lollllllllllllllllllll

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-10-05 at 03:14 AM.

I had a pre-9 Jedi but never got HK so I guess getting HK is harder lol of course I don't play TOR anymore
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlon View Post
    I had a pre-9 Jedi
    crafting much? However you could at least "see" HK with Mustafar which wasn't that hard either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This horse basically has been dead for years, so in the most condensed form I am capable of:
    They want to sell an entertainment product. Smart money says entertain many of you customers, not make a handful feel "epic" with the money of the rest. This is an effing game. Not work. I pay for it. Most adults associate "work" with being paid, not paying yourself. If what sounds to be and based on experience in KOTOR 1 and 2 might very well be the most interesting companion this game has to offer, requires me to set foot in a raid, I will stop giving them money. Forever. And I will let them know why I stopped giving them money.

Or even shorter: there is nothing "wrong" with making your customers jump over abitrary bars. It will just make some of them stop being customers.
    So what you're saying is, developers should just hand people stuff because they pay a subscription?

No. You get what you earn. If you want PvE gear, you do Operations. If you want the best PvE gear, you put in the effort to do the hardest encounters. If you want the best PvP gear, you put in the time.

Just because its a companion doesn't mean you automatically deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    So what you're saying is, developers should just hand people stuff because they pay a subscription?

No. You get what you earn. If you want PvE gear, you do Operations. If you want the best PvE gear, you put in the effort to do the hardest encounters. If you want the best PvP gear, you put in the time.

Well he must be playing a prank... I mean when EQ2 brought their RoK Expansion which they had 1 year to develope.. all your endgame content was locked. You had to bring each and every of your player through all the content to unlock (24 player raids)... meaning one couldn't participate you had to wait for another week and so on. Nobody was complaining about this unnecessary stretch of content. Nobody was complaining that T1 and T2 content was dropping worse stuff than what you had before the expansion, only T3 items were actually an upgrade and only to get there was bound to some effort.

Either people have to grind/ quest/ put some effort... to get something or people get everything but stop complaining about not having any content. Would anyone really mind to work "semi-casually" on an item for half a year? These Fastfood generations don't know themselves what they want but from everything only the best.

Deleted

I agree with you, PvE gear belongs to HM Ops.

PvP gear belongs to the most skilled, but here its just time...

However a companion... belongs to solo play.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    I agree with you, PvE gear belongs to HM Ops.

PvP gear belongs to the most skilled, but here its just time...

Solo play yes. I can agree with that. Most of all companion use is solo play (baring the few times people use them in a FP)
    So getting HK through SOlo playing is not asking too much and seems right.

However, it should be difficult to still get. Very difficult.

What little information we have on it I hope it goes soemthing like this:

Main toon pick up quest (level 50 or 55 depending when it's release)
    - Complete multiple quest lines across multiple planets with multiple elites to kill if not solving some of biowares puzzle games to boot.

- At some point the questing crosses over to your mid-level opposite side toon (assume mid level being around 25-30) There you complete some questing on the location of the droid factory and other titbits of info on accesswhile working your way through the quest line.

- Questing jumps back to your main toon for whatever story reason (when it completed on your opposite sided toon) and after a series of epic solo battles you gain an HK robot.

When it does come out I hope to see multiple threads of people complaining of how hard it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    So it should be a difficult solo challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    So it should be a difficult solo challenge.
    I agree. Saying we want it to be difficult doesn't mean we want it to have to do with Operations. I personally don't want them being tied with Operations because we're clearing 16man HM TFB without any issues, and frankly it wouldn't be a challenge.

Now if they gave me something challenging solo, then maybe. Though I'm hoping that this doesn't become something based on gear- or it will still be easy -_- WTB puzzle bosses.

I agree. Saying we want it to be difficult doesn't mean we want it to have to do with Operations. I personally don't want them being tied with Operations because we're clearing 16man HM TFB without any issues, and frankly it wouldn't be a challenge.

Now if they gave me something challenging solo, then maybe. Though I'm hoping that this doesn't become something based on gear- or it will still be easy -_- WTB puzzle bosses.
    My guess, and I emphasize guess, is that there will be parts that will be a bit of a puzzle to work out like the orokeet and taun taun pets. The entire thing won't be a puzzle obviously, but a few of the steps might be.

I also want it to be "challenging" solo play content though if they create a puzzle 4 people have to work together to unlock HK's hideout for example... I would welcome it. To make it challenging solo play they can introduce a higher lvl mob you have to kill and for which you can't take any help with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I think I see the problem.

By the way, you can have up to 12 characters per server now. They raised the cap in the last big server consolidation.
    fair enough. recently logged in a couple days ago for the first time since early august and noticed the changes. that said, i still dont think i'll go out of my way to level yet another opposite faction class on the same server being that i already have most (all but trooper tank) on another consolidated server. truth be told, had a hard time pushing myself to play in general, dont think i'll be around for much longer as i've been consumed with another game and a certain new x-pac, but i digress, good luck to those of you still having fun and going after HK.

Well if it stays the same as it is on the PTS it wont be hard at all and not much of a time sink either.
    http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-pa...mpanion-droid/
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well if it stays the same as it is on the PTS it wont be hard at all and not much of a time sink either.
    http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-pa...mpanion-droid/
    Yep. A very minimal quest chain with little challenge involved at all. As cool as it may be to have the droid, looks like the didn't deliver on adding a large portion of content between obtaining him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yep. A very minimal quest chain with little challenge involved at all. As cool as it may be to have the droid, looks like the didn't deliver on adding a large portion of content between obtaining him.
    To be honest, it just seems like another Grand Acquisition treasure hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    To be honest, it just seems like another Grand Acquisition treasure hunt.
    Why did they even put it in the game if they were going to make it this easy?

It looks like you can do it in a single night.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Why did they even put it in the game if they were going to make it this easy?

It looks like you can do it in a single night.
    Even if you don't have a toon on the other side, you could still level to 10 and be good enough to get it done within the evening. Yeah. Not much of an effort to acquire him.

I found the locations very nice, the ship on Belsavis, the Czerka ship with its "dark room". That the quest chain isn't that difficult shouldn't be a problem though, it's "just" another companion and that you only require a low lvl toon on the other side should actually come towards those which were afraid of having to "level" a character which isn't the case anymore.

Whom actually was saying that this quest chain will get as hard as having to level a jedi in swg, from Bioware/ EA or from some random poster?