Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But uh, on topic of people not being able to in?

On one hand, find me a game or website that's never had an instance of unexpected game inaccessibility and I will be stunned. Even Google had problems 12 years ago.

The other hand, auth server downtime had perfect timing. I was going to go take a nap anyways.

And also let this be a lesson to you: if the servers are just restarting, log out of your character and then just go to Realm selection. You won't have to log back in, and you'll see the moment your server comes back up AND the added bonus of not being one of hundreds of thousands to hammer the login servers to cause these little spontaneous screwups to happen in the first place!

That's what I did anyways, but I had shut down my client to put in a new addon, then saw the newspost.

Anyways, naptime. I suggest most of you go take one as well.

lets go already. its the weekend. plug it back in and lets goooooo..

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 auth servers got hacked?

I hope the servers come back up before the kids get out of school, if not I will have a wait time. The longest wait time I have had on Illidan so far was 4 hours I was 3000 in Q.

Hoping it is up soon

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1224 View Post
    I hope the servers come back up before the kids get out of school, if not I will have a wait time. The longest wait time I have had on Illidan so far was 4 hours I was 3000 in Q.
    Are there a lot of kids in school on Sundays?

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Are there a lot of kids in school on Sundays?
    Sunday School? ~

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Sunday School? ~
    Hm. You got me. I hope servers are up before the flood of Sunday Schooling Religious kids get back too. Argh.

10+ Year Old Account
    something got hacked, some servers were reporting someone was killing everyone in capital cities

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going on a bike ride. I ain't sittin' around waiting for this!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Login issues? Nah more like serious lag issues.

Video of the hacking going on... female priest seems to be the toon. Bizarre. http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/re...ertain-realms/

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that ever bugs me about Blizzard's downtimes is their complete inability to keep their customers informed. "We will provide an update with an hour" yet its been well over an hour with zero updates at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    something got hacked, some servers were reporting someone was killing everyone in capital cities
    It's the dude from South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The only thing that ever bugs me about Blizzard's downtimes is their complete inability to keep their customers informed. "We will provide an update with an hour" yet its been well over an hour with zero updates at all.
    They updated it with...No ETA...check back...awesome Blizz

Not for nothing, but I bet today is one of the only days of the week for many people to play. Given the consistency of login problems for users after rolling restarts such as this, can't Blizzard perhaps plan these restarts with the players' work schedules in mind?

15+ Year Old Account
    i thought my eyes was playing trick on me cuz im drunk ... damn u blizzard

Blizzard didn't plan these restarts, the virgin hacker scum waiting for Morpheus to tell them to follow a white rabbit did.

Let's just clear some things up. One, login issues has happen last week, so it has nothing to do with the hackers or slowing down said hackers. Seems like every moment they do restarts on the servers, it tend to cause login issues. Two, you can still login the game if persistent enough. If you have patience, just wait around 10-15 min while it's saying connecting and you should be able to jump back into the game (however, it's the only known way of getting in; it won't work for everyone). Three, the hackers are real. There have been a couple of reports on US and EU forums stating so. I'm not sure how they'll fix it, but it shouldn't be too hard if hackers can do that. However, if they are on your realm, your best bet is to stay out of major cities (both Alliance & Horde) for a while.
    Last edited by Renwin; 2012-10-07 at 07:54 PM.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*