Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Healthstone also synergizes with Dark Regeneration for a nearly 80% total health heal. Definitely worth taking both those abilities together if you need to a super charged survival cooldown.

You need to mention that supremacy is equal to sacrifice on single target fights and sac is better on any fight where you can havoc. Sacrifice also changes your reforge priorities as well.
    Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Just had some trash drop Jade Magistrate Figurine for me. http://www.wowdb.com/items/86044-jad...trate-figurine
    The 1 minute cd seems perfect to line up with every other use of havoc and every use of DS. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any thoughts on how this trink stacks up for destro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Just had some trash drop Jade Magistrate Figurine for me. http://www.wowdb.com/items/86044-jad...trate-figurine
    The 1 minute cd seems perfect to line up with every other use of havoc and every use of DS. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Any thoughts on how this trink stacks up for destro?
    If you can indeed line it up nicely it should be a nice trinket till you can get the DMC/Essence of Terror combo. My guess is those 2 are stronger but also rather expensive/harder to get. This trink should tide you over nicely till you can get both others. Hell, if there are situations where you need to have burst on demand this will trump the on proc use of the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    That trinket should line up pretty good, if you can use it off cooldown. Once in the 2 times you will have Dark Soul up as well. Then just make sure you're between 2.9 and 3.9 embers every time this trinket is ready, and spend all Chaos Bolts in this period if the fight allows for it. And if you have a secondary target you can also throw Havoc up as well of course, like you could already do.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    Sacrifice also changes your reforge priorities as well.
    Crit >= Mastery > Haste
    is this true? it rings of truthiness but i would love to see some math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasprodeth View Post
    You need to mention that supremacy is equal to sacrifice on single target fights and sac is better on any fight where you can havoc. Sacrifice also changes your reforge priorities as well.
    Crit >= Mastery > Haste
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    is this true? it rings of truthiness but i would love to see some math.
    Tbh, I am really wondering how close it actually is. I only just now started finding out that I could outDPS the rest of my raid even harder if I would switch to Affliction for some of the DPS-racey bosses (love Destro for just perfect-execution-don't-fail fights), and while some said that the specs were "rather close", there's still a considerable gap. "Equal" is a rather big word in that regard, I mean, all different pets are also supposed to be "about equal" and "all viable choices", yet there we are, all using the Observer with Supremacy because some guy simmed it out higher...

Also, Sacrifice gaining especially on single-target fights sounds rather odd to me. You'd assume that the pet-reliant builds would be worse at multi-target in non-Demonology, or is it the stat-priority that comes with singletarget Supremacy, that just lends itself well for multi-target as a side-effect?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not reached level 90 so i am not raiding but i found Destruction is way more dps in dungeons for me, The thing about dungeons is that every single fight involves lots of Shadowflame executes and Havoc-cleaved Chaos bolts, and the the GoSac build of destruction reforged toward crit>=Mastery>Haste is out performing Affliction reforged Haste>Mastery>Crit in that sort of scenario.

I am doing like 29~35k as affliction and 41K as Destruction at level 88 in Dungeons (and no one ever beats me expect warriors). but i have no clue how it will scale at 90 on raids.

That being said, i am not a raider, so i don't really care. I will probably never see raid content beyond LFR, and I just want to stroke my e-peen in LFD, so i may stick with destruction indefinitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not reached level 90 so i am not raiding but i found Destruction is way more dps in dungeons for me, The thing about dungeons is that every single fight involves lots of Shadowflame executes and Havoc-cleaved Chaos bolts, and the the GoSac build of destruction reforged toward crit>=Mastery>Haste is out performing Affliction reforged Haste>Mastery>Crit in that sort of scenario.

I am doing like 29~35k as affliction and 41K as Destruction at level 88 in Dungeons (and no one ever beats me expect warriors). but i have no clue how it will scale at 90 on raids.

That being said, i am not a raider, so i don't really care. I will probably never see raid content beyond LFR, and I just want to stroke my e-peen in LFD, so i may stick with destruction indefinitely.
    Stroking e-peen works just fine with Destro in LFR, tested that for you today. Even beat the tank that was outDPSing everyone by about 20%.

Deleted
    Juste simC my char (Ygloo on EU-Archimonde)

GoSac
    Ygloo : 64227 dps

Service + Observer
    Ygloo : 64457 dps

I would say GoSac then for havoc & so as stated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    Juste simC my char (Ygloo on EU-Archimonde)

GoSac
    Ygloo : 64227 dps

Service + Observer
    Ygloo : 64457 dps

I would say GoSac then for havoc & so as stated
    Which stat priorities did you use for each of those sims? Not only in reforges, but also in the general gearing? (I could reforge my haste/mastery heavy gear to crit, there'd still be more haste and mastery)

Deleted
    Quite wondering about stat weights at the moment for destro locks.

I ran few different reforges, 1st as this post recommands (haste>crit>mastery) then one focused on crit, and another one on mastery.

I noticed that the haste reforge is terrible for mana regeneration, as you can not stack your embers for procs since you run out of mana extremely fast and are forced to cast a chaos bolt or two sometimes. (be aware that I don't stack more than 3.9 of course)

And between crit reforge and mastery reforge, I really prefered mastery as you can really output a great dps when you're not having procs and not casting chaos bolts.

What do other destro locks think about stat weights right now ?

So i have been playing with destruction and really enjoy it. I go with a mastery reforge because i use the grim of sac. My question is about the aoe rotation. I am using the suggested rotation from the guide but my dps is rather low compared to what i put out when speced affliction. Has there been any updates on the destre rotation/priority? Thanks

Edit: what i have noticed is towards the end if i can start snipe shadowflame the mobs as they are dieing that normally helps quit a bit and i end up with full shards.
    Last edited by kodefoo; 2012-10-12 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I guess i have not compared my AoE as destro to Affliction but in general Destructions AoE toolkit is small and straight forward

Havoc whenever 2~4 targets but not more than 5
    RoF every 8 seconds whenever 3 or more targets
    FnB:Immolate every ~15 seconds when ever 4 or more targets ( i hard cast on 3 or less)
    FnB:Incinerate whenever 5 or more targets

and absolutely always snipe Shadowburns as the trash starts to die,
    better if you can Havoc one target and then cast Shadowburn on three dying targets!!

Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind crit and haste being lower than mastery?

According to me I get why
    Crit is awesome: More crit = more ember bits = more chaos bolts/SB
    Haste is awesome: More haste = more casts = more ember bits
    Mastery is a general buff and I get it but is it that amazing?

I just would love some help getting what I should be aiming for. To me it makes the most sense going Crit=Haste>Mastery

After some reading I can get why it would be so good though. Mastery not only buffs our ember spells but our generating spells too. Would this build fare much worse?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

As I understand it, Mastery is better if you take Grim of Sacrifice. The goal is to be stacking multipliers together for the biggest hits. If you take Grim of Suprem you want Haste for more casts and more ember generation.

Some people are saying that the Sac/Mastery build sims higher. I've tried out both, complete with reforging, and find them very close together. My dummy tests were actually running 2000dps higher with the Suprem/Haste setup, but that's close to the margin of error for optimal lining up of Chaos Bolt with procs. Though I believe the biggest strength of Sac/Mastery is multi-target fights where you can reliably Havok those monster Chaos Bolts.

Maybe there will be greater divergence at higher gear levels, but right now I think it's fine to use the setup you prefer. I'm going with Suprem/Haste because damnit I'm a Warlock, and I don't feel right without my demon pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind crit and haste being lower than mastery?

According to me I get why
    Crit is awesome: More crit = more ember bits = more chaos bolts/SB
    Haste is awesome: More haste = more casts = more ember bits
    Mastery is a general buff and I get it but is it that amazing?

I just would love some help getting what I should be aiming for. To me it makes the most sense going Crit=Haste>Mastery

After some reading I can get why it would be so good though. Mastery not only buffs our ember spells but our generating spells too. Would this build fare much worse?
    you understand them from a qualitative point of view but your may not be understanding them from a quantitative point of view, the questions is 'Will one more point of x-stat and one less point of y- or z-stat increase overall dps?' With the GoSac build, mastery point for point has a higher marginal benefit to dps over crit or haste regardless the different mechanics by which each stats increases your damage done

I was looking at another sites and they say:

Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste

But this guide says:

Intellect --> Spell Power --> Hit (Up to 15%) --> Haste >= Crit --> Mastery.

Which one of these for Destruction PVE should I follow? And the other site is:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warloc...reforging-gear

10+ Year Old Account
    if you use Grimoire of Sacrifice use Mastery.
    if you use Grimoire of Supremacy use Haste.

you understand them from a qualitative point of view but your may not be understanding them from a quantitative point of view, the questions is 'Will one more point of x-stat and one less point of y- or z-stat increase overall dps?' With the GoSac build, mastery point for point has a higher marginal benefit to dps over crit or haste regardless the different mechanics by which each stats increases your damage done
    Thanks for the helpful info. Point for point isn't it also cheaper to get a mastery point verses everything else? ie: Per 1% mastery it is less than haste/crit. I like killing off the little bastard and hell after pathing issues killing them off is a blessing. That and Demo should be an alright offspec. Damn you Affliction!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.