Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So more content to frustrate people and have them leave? Cataclysm 2.0.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making LFR hard is pretty much the worst thing they could possibly do to the game as a whole. Requiring ANY, and I do mean ANY, real coordination in an LFR encounter is a recipe for disaster. Most people in LFR tunnel vision into the boss and let the 3-5 good players in the raid (if you're lucky!) do all the heavy lifting with mechanics and such. If that doesn't work in new LFR, you can look forward to tons and tons of wipes until people overgear it again.

Deleted
    Best time to do LFR is at the start, just like heroics. At the beginning it's full of raiders, and bosses will probably go down pretty quick. In a few months that'l change & groups will start wiping more.

For groups that dont even know what single target tentacles mean this is gonna be a disaster

Blizz seriously overestimates the competency of these pug lfr raiders

not to even mention the trolls who ninja pull etc

im not even gonna bother gearing up my alts through lfr and im sure many wont and this will lead to waiting times of hours instead of 10-30 mins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Tbh when i read the entire post Blizzard is besically saying thatt hey don't give a crap about people wiping which makes me /smile.
    Well, thats what they said when they made the HC's in the first week of Cata challenging, a week or so they nerfed it cause people were crying on their forums.
    I loved those hc's durring the first week, was awesome

I would love harder LFR as the mode was too easy for me in Cata, but I have to think about the fact that a harder mode would be frustrating in general as it isn't just me who plays.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does he know? Last I checked from Beta to live normal got 10x harder, how does he know if LFR didn't get 10x easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    I would love harder LFR as the mode was too easy for me in Cata, but I have to think about the fact that a harder mode would be frustrating in general as it isn't just me who plays.
    Yeah, that's the real issue here, LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Early Cataclysm must have taught Blizz that coordination + PuGs = recipe for disaster, as well as "Bad players will unsub before they improve" (And no matter how many players say "Good riddance", Blizzard disagrees on that), so if LFR hasn't been nerfed since beta, it soon will be.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    What you guys think?
    That it won't work.

LFR "works" as it does because it brings to gether people who CAN'T communicate. Who can't work together. You are bringing together people who won't speak the same language, who may be there for griefing, who can't judge whether the healer/tank is good or whether anyone will listen to a tactical sermon, even if its given. You are talking about a bunch of people, many of whom will give up if the group wipes even once. A group of people, many of whom didn't even know the tactics for DS 10 months after it launched. (OK - I'm giving those folk the benefit of the doubt and assuming they weren't griefing).

For what it was, the DS LFR probably got the difficulty about right. And while that was too easy for some, it was also too difficult for others. And while some may feel its not real raiding, or "dilutes the raidng experience"...those aren't the people LFR is for.

Having said that, we'll have to see at what level the LFR is actually pitched.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-10-08 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    It would be nice if they quizzed you about boss mechanics before you can queue, needing an 80% so people read the dungeon journal.
    Perhaps Blizz could go one step farther and use some the of the new functionality they've introduced with phasing and quests to sort of require characters to complete an in-game 'walk-through' of the raid before they can queue for it for the first time. Or maybe there could be a series of quests with the same goal, where you need to demonstrate basic competence with your character in order to complete all the relevant quests before you can participate in the raid. They'd need to come up with some new name for this awesome advancement in MMO design though.

/sarcasm off

It's a decent idea, but I sincerely doubt they'll do anything but bring out the nerfbat.

if feng the accursed keeps arcane resonance in LFR then we are fucked.. he had that on the beta and it ended up being a 3 hour wipefest before he went down.

We will see what happens on Tues, but I highly doubt LFR will be as difficult as it was on beta, especially now that they are working on lowering the min ilvl to que to 460 (from 463.)

You also have to remember that LFR DS was much harder on the PTR than it was once it hit live - it was literally nerfed into oblivion. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen to MV.

Definitely going to be nerfed by the weekend latest. It's just too demanding to have a random group of 25 (World of Warcraft) players try to strategize. No doubt at least 2-3 people will be doing less-than-mediocre DPS/Healing/Tanking per run, and according to this new LFR difficulty, that's not going to cut it.

Therefore, before the end of the week, it'll require ever-so-slightly more brainpower than Cataclysm's LFR.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    One of my last DS runs we had major issues on spine because we couldn't get a few (like 3) to stop DPS. Chat was filled with say/raid/yell telling to stop. Something as simple as stop blasting the target is actually hard for people. And it isn't like they had to watch out for anything on that fight but they still couldn't handle it.
    I maintain to this day that after the first month or two of DS a typical LFR would be around 25% DPS bots.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Tbh I doubt once they bring it out they will nerf LFR, I mean I never seen them nerfing LFR in Cata. It was just soooo bad, people could do /follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the entry barrier to LFR were more difficult, this might have worked. For example, if Cataclysm heroics had been followed by this style of LFR, it would likely have worked out. Simply put however... Nothing leads me to believe that Mists of Pandaria Heroics will adequately prepare the majority of tunnel visioning people who don't bother to look into fights before hand for anything requiring this level of coordination, at least for 25 random people put together. Perhaps the "completion gating" will make it so the "higher end" LFR raids will be more populated with people who can cooperate and listen, but that's to be seen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Man, remember the time GC made a long-winded post about how Cataclysm heroics were designed to be challenging and that the playerbase would have to suck it up and simply play better? Remember what happened the very next day?

Because if you missed that, you're going to be able to catch a rerun.

Deleted
    They *REALLY* need to be careful with LFR, it is the single reason why Cata did not tank as hard as it could have (5+ million subs lost it could have been).

The whole appeal of LFR is that it is poor mans/casual raiding for people who do not want to join a serious guild or sit around planning strats, afterall that is what Normal and Hardmodes are for.

Granted they were too easy in Cata, LFR should be slightly more difficult than at least 5 man heroics, that seems like natural progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I think DS was just a testing ground for LFR. Now that Blizzard knows it's successful, they are going to make it more challenging. Not surprised at all.
    So your logic says that when they test something and see that it's successful, the conclusion is that it needs to be changed.