Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The Naga didn't help them out of the kindness of their hearts.
    That still doesn't change the fact that they saved their race.

Yes, Garithos betrayed them. But not the whole Alliance. Instead of siding with the Horde in TBC they had all the chances to try and reconcile with the Alliance. Varian would not have turned them away.
    I'm telling you again, they've allied with the horde because their former Ranger General was there, giving them support when they needed it the most. They could have asked Alliance for help, they didn't have chance to. Lordaeron was destroyed, their kingdom was surrounded by Plaguelands and population decimated by Arthas. They needed an ally at that particular moment not later.

Beside, remaining Alliance forces (Dwarves of Ironforge and kingdom of Stormwind) knew what happened to Quel'Thalas, they never bothered to send reinforcement or any other sort of support.

I hate that shitty excuse.
    They were still the ones who embraced the demon blood.
    And bloodlust is in their genes.
    As much as you hate it it's still a fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    That still doesn't change the fact that they saved their race.
    In order to use them for their plans.
    You can see where it lead them.

I'm telling you again, they've allied with the horde because their former Ranger General was there, giving them support when they needed it the most. They could have asked Alliance for help, they didn't have chance to. Lordaeron was destroyed, their kingdom was surrounded by Plaguelands and population decimated by Arthas. They needed an ally at that particular moment not later.

Beside, remaining Alliance forces (Dwarves of Ironforge and kingdom of Stormwind) knew what happened to Quel'Thalas, they never bothered to send reinforcement or any other sort of support.
    What they could travel to Outland but not to Stormwind? It's a city full of mages.

As much as you hate it it's still a fact.
    They're not taking responsibilty for what they did. Grom showed that you can still free yourself, so it's not like they didn't have a choice.
    It's in their nature. Look at Garrosh. He was never corrupted by demons. Orcs love killing. It's in their blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Draenor was a peaceful world dominated by vast plains and lush swamps. Originally, there were many intelligent races, the most powerful of which were the orcs. The orcs lived in a quiet, shamanistic society, until power-hungry leaders, led and manipulated by Gul'dan, made a blood pact with Mannoroth, a general of the Burning Legion, turning the orcs into bloodthirsty barbarian conquerors.

No, killing is not in their blood.
    Have you taken a look at the Warsong Clan or the Shattered Hand?
    Orcs were killing each other for the pure fun of it long before the demons corrupted them.

Deleted
    I see no link that talks about those clans BEFORE their corruption.
    It says, I think in rise of the horde, that before the separate clans were assembled into one united horde, they constantly battled each other. Well not all, but some of them. Fuck, the bonechewers were even cannibals.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see no link that talks about those clans BEFORE their corruption.
    Indeed. Clans were created after the demons corruption.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 11:27 AM ----------

It says, I think in rise of the horde, that before the separate clans were assembled into one united horde, they constantly battled each other. Well not all, but some of them. Fuck, the bonechewers were even cannibals.
    Could be true... damn you! Now I have to read it all again!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Valley of the Four Winds is very farmville-esque in its feel. All of the quests are about getting rid of vermin and helping farming run errands... until you get to the wall and all hell breaks loose. The rest of the zones of Pandaria are nothing but strife and war. The Pandaren strive to be a peaceful and calm race because their negative emotions manifest as the sha, so they are forced to practice peace out of necessity, lest they be consumed by the curse of an old god.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The Naga didn't help them out of the kindness of their hearts.
    They still saved them from extinction
    Yes, Garithos betrayed them. But not the whole Alliance. Instead of siding with the Horde in TBC they had all the chances to try and reconcile with the Alliance. Varian would not have turned them away.
    Varian was busy being emo after betraying Van Cleef and the Stonemasons Guild and a revolt killed his wife, oh and hunting orcs while leaving his empire crumble to dust if not for Bolvar and (weirdly) Archbishop Benedictus
    I hate that shitty excuse.
    They were still the ones who embraced the demon blood.
    And bloodlust is in their genes.
    You didn't read rise of horde then... check my post here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18676378

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:21 PM ----------

Could be true... damn you! Now I have to read it all again!!!
    It isn't true, just read it to answer another reply in another topic
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    They still saved them from extinction
    They did not save them from extinction. As if Garithos would have been able to annihilate their whole race.

Varian was busy being emo after betraying Van Cleef and the Stonemasons Guild and a revolt killed his wife, oh and hunting orcs while leaving his empire crumble to dust if not for Bolvar and (weirdly) Archbishop Benedictus
    Dude there's so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to start.
    Stormwind didn't betray Van Cleef. The city was destroyed because of the orcs. There was no way to pay them, so they offered them high-ranking jobs. They refused and started to revolt.

But whatever problems Stormwind had during those times, they wouldn't have turned away the elves. They were long-time allies and there's still a lot of High Elves living in Stormwind to this day.

You didn't read rise of horde then... check my post here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18676378
    It isn't true, just read it to answer another reply in another topic
    Nothing in that posts contradicts anything I've wrote. It just says the orcs were tricked into drinking it by their leaders. The orc clans were still battling each other before they drank the blood. That was the reason why the formed the Horde in the first place. To stop fighting each other and to focus that aggression onto others - Humans and Draenei.

I like m and am glad that I can play one.
    Do they fit? Well at this point one can say they are different than all other races of Azeroth.
    It is something new in wow and I find them a welcome change.

Seeing that they were cut off from the rest of the world, it is no surprise that they feel overall differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    you had 6 people in a dungeon run? Odd.

Pandaren have been in Warcraft lore for what. 9-10 years now? How exactly do they not fit? compared to a gnome for example?

p.s Sha problem was because of horde/alliance showing up. So it's kind of our problem also D:

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an unfortunate situation. Garithos should've helped them, and I can see that they were kind of forced to ally with the Naga, but the Alliance didn't kick them out because Garithos was a racist. Garithos was definitely an idiot and a racist, but you can't blame the whole Alliance for that. The reason why Garithos wanted to execute them was exactly because they allied with the Naga. His low opinion of the Blood Elves might have played some part in this - that and the fact that they allied with monsters. It's really ironic in a sense. But the Alliance didn't betray them. What the Blood Elves did was betrayal. They allied with the orcs. The very race that wrecked Azeroth and their own homeland in the first place.
    The blood elves had two options after Garithos pulled all of their non-elven support in the face of a massive Scourge army converging on their location: accept help from the Naga, or die. They ended up in that exact same situation when Vashj offered to spring them out of jail while they waited to be executed.

As for why they joined the Horde, it's because they were screwed over by the Alliance in Eversong and Ghostlands--there were night elf spies in their territory and Prospector Anvilward was a saboteur, and in the Ghostlands, Sentinels held several choke points and strategic ambush sites that could have been put to lethal use against the Scourge, and instead of mobilizing against Deatholme, they instead attacked any blood elf on sight with intent to kill. On the other hand, the Forsaken and Horde adventurers helped the blood elves out, no questions asked, and Sylvanas fought to get the blood elves inducted into the Horde (to put Lor'themar in her debt).

Now, who would you ally with, in that situation? The Alliance who not only tried to get your prince and his retainers executed for doing what they had to to survive suicidal orders, but also actively hampered your efforts to take down a major Scourge base, or your former enemies who have extended an olive branch and sent you aid from one of your culture's heroes?

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:23 AM ----------

They did not save them from extinction. As if Garithos would have been able to annihilate their whole race.
    The blood elves were teetering on the brink of extinction; they only became revitalized as a people when Kael sent Rommath back from Outland to teach them how to use Mana Tap and to instill hope in the blood elves that there was a promised land full of magic and theirs for the taking. If Kael had died at Outland, the blood elves likely would not have recovered from their apathetic state and died out.
    Last edited by Thage; 2012-10-08 at 02:25 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If they could fit in war 3 then why in the world do they not fit in Wow?It's almost like people will only like thing that seems *Cool*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renx View Post
    Pandaren have been in Warcraft lore for what. 9-10 years now? How exactly do they not fit? compared to a gnome for example?
    Fourteen days, and counting. An admitted Easter Egg joke does not constitute legitimate lore, I’m afraid, irrespective of how much some choose to believe it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Fourteen days, and counting. An admitted Easter Egg joke does not constitute legitimate lore, I’m afraid, irrespective of how much some choose to believe it does.
    On the other hand, the writers deciding they liked that easter egg, making it canon, and taking advantage of a blank lore slate to bring the oft-requested faction war back to the forefront while setting up new long-term plot hooks does constitute legitimate lore.

Also, until the RPG was deemed non-canon, it was a veritable treasure trove of lore for the pandaren ever since Dark Factions was released.

Is there seriously this much QQ about the Pandaren still?

/stare

I just. I can't.

Can someone please explain to me and somehow convince me how the hell the Pandaren do not fit in with the other Misfits of Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone please explain to me and somehow convince me how the hell the Pandaren do not fit in with the other Misfits of Azeroth.
    They weren't designed by Rob Liefeld, I guess?

They are in warcraft 2 (gnomish submarine) and 3 (gyrocopter, that unit that cost 1 food and can be used as scout, upgraded to aoe spalsh air and still suck, just get a farmer better than it)
    WRONG!

Both of those units are from the same game, Warcraft 2. The flying machine in Warcraft 3 is a dwarf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Try 9 years. The joke they admitted to was that before Warcraft 3's release they said Pandaren would be the final playable race (which we later found out to be the undead).

THAT was the joke.

Their inclusion in the expansion was not.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-10-08 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They weren't designed by Rob Liefeld, I guess?
    Apparently because Female Tauren, Gnomes, Female Dwarves, and Draenei aren't misfits.

Not to mention Jamaican speaking Tr0lls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No going back now! Pandaren are a part of Azeroth, and a part of World of Warcraft, until the bitter end now. They'll forever be chilling with the Native American cow people, Eastern European space goats, and all other manner of horrific amalgamations that pass for races in Azeroth.