Thread: Elegon...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What a joke, 10 mans are so bad.

We put in like 15 attempts on 25 man, hit a lot of walls all over.

Go in on the weekend and 1 shot it on 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

I dont wanna start the whole 10 vs 25 debate, the balance of this encounter on 25man is just overtuned compared to 10man (that or 10man is to easy, but i doubt that), not that blizz will acknowledge this fact in anyway ofcourse.

(and no im not saying 25man is to hard, i am stating its overtuned compared to 10 and in noway in line.)

edit: done the fight on mains today, fight is actually pretty easy. probably people just being <insert bad word here> on their alts. (25man btw)

I take back what I said before.

The spark phase is very much like Heroic Spine tendon burn phase. You want to bring classes that do good burst DPS in the ~15 to 10 seconds the sparks are moving. This is a boss that will only get easier with gear, just like Spine or Ultraxion.

Of course it's gonna be easier when you've have been trying to do it on 25 and then switch down to 10, you know how to do the fight lol

People have been saying in this thread they've killed it in 7 attempts or less on 25.

That doesn't seem like it has walls does it.

Deleted
    Maybe the encounter is tuned for having the same performance in both sizes.
    Just having 25 good players is a lot harder than having 10, end of the story pretty much.

I guess you should stop carrying people in your 25man raid then buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it important to kill batteries in any particular order on phase 3? It looks like we have far more adds than people on youtube. As result we are spending to much time killing them and fail to finish boss before berserk timer. Any advise please?
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    Killed it on 25 man. Really fun and enjoyable fight. Please don't nerf blizz!
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-10-08 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Is it important to kill batteries in any particular order on phase 3? It looks like we have far more adds than people on youtube. As result we are spending to much time killing them and fail to finish boss before berserk timer. Any advise please?
    The adds do not stop spawning untill all 6 batteries are killed. Whatever kills them fastest is what you want to do.

Deleted
    Imho the best way to do batteries is to get the achievement after the fight ends.

The only diffs I saw here was needing more stacks in 25 than 10, 2 more in the end I believe. Fights are really the same on both diffs, just needs more sparkle waves killed in 25, but you can get more cooldowns in 25 (stormlash, crit banner, more monks/DKs - you know what I'm talking about, wtb monks )

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The adds do not stop spawning untill all 6 batteries are killed. Whatever kills them fastest is what you want to do.
    Also, use the floor vanish delay to your advantage I do believe it's there for a reason.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:53 AM ----------

Come on, the fight isn't that bad in 25 either. Once you figure out where to properly DPS it's pretty simple. 15 attempts is nothing wtf. The only hard part in 25 is somewhat higher DPS required on sparks, that's it - hint: monks can death touch, DKs can do almost the same as unholy afaik, warriors have a crit banner and shaman have stormlash.

Deleted
    This boss even dint have speial heroic abilityes.Its a prety hard one for blue geared raid.Its turns me back to Brutallus days

You don't have to do a particular order, but it's always smart to stand in between 2 so ranged can hit the furthest away and melee can hit 2 too. We have mostly one ranged doing one of them on his own, two people on the other outer one and the other one on the middle. They go down pretty fast.

Try killing some of the adds the moment your done with the batteries. If you focus them down they go pretty fast. Stack and get one tank to pick them then all up and from there it's over and over till you can burn the 50% hp.

Inb4 LFR coming this week and baddies QQing and blizz nerfing soon
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    This boss even dint have speial heroic abilityes.Its a prety hard one for blue geared raid.Its turns me back to Brutallus days
    That's exactly the point.

Hardly anyone is whining because it's a very challenging boss. But to see such a difficulty already in normal mode makes you wonder where it'll be heading when you'll be looking at a heroic Elegon.

Normal modes are pretty tough already and tightly tuned this time around.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Try killing some of the adds the moment your done with the batteries. If you focus them down they go pretty fast. Stack and get one tank to pick them then all up and from there it's over and over till you can burn the 50% hp.
    I dunno, tanks tend to explode when solo tanking too many Sparks. These little buggers hit pretty hard. Maybe it's different in 10 man.

Deleted
    Guys. Keep the 10vs25man bickering out, please.

Deleted
    Killed it in 25 man and I just love this fight ... most important is:
    phase one - prepot, drop banners/stormlashes to get into phase 2 before 3rd add spawns.
    phase two - divine into groups of 3 dps and 1 healer (1 group has instead of 1 dps 2 tanks) and move each to one generator. kill 3 waves of sparks, pop self dps cd on the fourth wave, kill it and ignore fifth wave and dps the boss, after the floor breaks, just kill the generators, group up on the starting mechanism (dont get hit by the lightning on the ground), tanks pick up the adds, aoe them under boss and you are basicaly in p1 again
    phase one (second time) - dps the boss as hard as you can, you should get into p2 again before 4th add is spawned
    phase two (second time) - just like phase 2 before
    final phase - run under boss, aoe adds there, chain raid cds, pop bl and kill him before he kills you

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Inb4 LFR coming this week and baddies QQing and blizz nerfing soon
    LFR Elegon is coming next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Yeah that's true, two pages of people that never pulled the fight telling me to read the dungeon journal was extremely helpful, no idea why I wasn't more friendly. Thanks for your insights, you make a good argument!

Pretty sure there wasn't a single useful post in the two pages of drivel, but like I said in the post I don't know what I was looking for considering only about 50 guilds have even seen the fight, although as someone that seems to write in drivel yourself maybe you can extract information that I am unable to see within the garbage.
    You were being an asshole from the very first response.