Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd say this is hilarious - no matter what game it happens in. If this was real money, I would've been more sympathetic but I don't have a lot of that emotion going around today. I love it when people desperate in games get scammed for all their virtual worth :P It tickles. Also, I don't feel bad for people that put money towards virtual goods scams because you could just be playing WoW and your sub would have prevented you from doing so.

Ah, sweet Schadenfreude

Please don't try to stir up game vs. game debates in the forums, especially when this same kind of behavior regularly occurs in all games. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-08 at 04:09 PM.

The wanna-be exploiters got what they deserved. I think it was really funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's funny Anet doesn't ban exploiters,scammer,hackers,botters but they go WILD on clever use of game mechanics and innocent people. HILARIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So you are all good with those scammers that send you phishing mail or e-mail? All those people scamming the government and use your precious taxes for their own personal benefits.

Those people don't keep us alive.
    I'm merely pointing out that your hyperbole is 100% translatable to real life.

People who jump blindly on an opportunity posted to a social media site without verifying the claim first get what they deserve.

People who intentionally spread false information for personal gain deserve what they're going to get too.

Ban the fraudster, let those swindled learn from their foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    How are they wanna be exploiters? Anything that the mysic forge creates would have had to be coded in by A/Net. It could have been something A/Net added to pull a lot of mats out of the game or something that was meant to be discovered.

Am I the only one finding it funny that the guy who got pranked was sad that he couldn't buy his Charrzooka?

OP, I didn't find any gold making tips in that link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Am I the only one finding it funny that the guy who got pranked was sad that he couldn't buy his Charrzooka?
    I told him that for only 50g every charr he creates from now on will have it as an ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Indeed. Why do people find it amusing to destroy someone's enjoyment to such a degree that they end up quitting? Real scum of humanity, right there.
    "I love mankind..but I hate people."
    Words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    This is the reason why 'hidden' craft recipes was a bad idea to begin with. Rare drop recipes are 'ok' but hidden recipes are definitely not.
    This, a billion times over.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    This is the reason why 'hidden' craft recipes was a bad idea to begin with. Rare drop recipes are 'ok' but hidden recipes are definitely not.
    I like the hidden recipes. It rewards those who actually do the research into creating the item and gives the creators a huge advantage if they want to make any money on the trading post (if they don't blab it out to the internet at large).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't think it's funny at all. Part of what is nice about GW2 is that there is a lot of discovery in the game. People work out things and tell others on the internet so that they can also benefit. Like the Vista's, jumping puzzles, and yes, recipes too. it's not about cheating the game. The guy who posted the video scammed people, no two ways about it and he deserves to get banned. I don't want to play with those type of people. The type of people that get joy out of hurting others. It's a symtom of how things are changing in the world. People are happy to step on each other for money or a quick thrill. They don't care who they hurt in the process. It was a really sh..ty thing to do.
    This! One of the thing I've been enjoying most about GW2 is that the community overall has been really nice and easy-going. Friendly banter in /map, people sharing when events are up and joining up to complete zones faster etc. It's been really enjoyable! And when some troll comes along and tried to get a rise out of someone, they're generally made to feel pretty daft by people twice as smart as they are, and they go troll elsewhere! Long may it last!!

I think that WoWs community was killed in a large part by cross-realm gaming getting out-of-hand. It meant that idiots could say what they liked, and the chances are their paths would never cross their victims again. When it was a mostly one-realm system, I think trolls and bullies became known and with a bad reputation on the realm, could find it difficult to get people to group up with them for anything! They had to learn to behave if they wanted to raid etc!!
    Last edited by mmoc3f04fea779; 2012-10-08 at 05:18 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no problem with this. A fool and his money are soon parted. Play smarter if you don't want to get scammed.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Ee-yeah, this is pretty awful and something should definitely be done about that guy if at all possible. Just because you CAN scam someone (and people fall for it), doesn't mean you should. Let's have some basic decency and respect for our fellow humans, yeah?
    He is weeding out the lemming idiots, how is that a bad thing.

Deleted
    Torn on this. On one hand, I hate trolls.

On the other, people shouldn't really be jumping on an exploit so quickly.

I'd feel better about it if someone didn't quit over it, so for now I'm taking the 'This was a bad idea' stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    So, if you'd paid for gems with real money, changed them to gold and then got scammed, it's okay because nobody died? If a bank ends up stealing thousands, it's okay, because nobody is starving?
    See this is the issue right here. Because imaginary world currency has real world value. It seems to me that people would be more cautious in light of this fact. But then again even in the real world people lose their entire treasury on ill informed bad investments. I hate to say it. But there is a reason the financial classes exist. Does it make it right? No. Has the "quit gamer" learned a life lesson? Yes. So if anything they are richer for this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    While I agree you have to be an idiot to go for something like this without some research in a supposed to be rare item (I don't play GW2 so I don't know how much 80g is either.) I don't find it funny. I'm strongly against scamming people, I almost kicked out a guildie on WoW for scamming people...it was on a small scale so I let it pass this once.
    Considering I only made about 8g going from level 1-80 on my first toon 80g is a fortune.

Considering how conceited the crowd is there over at REDDIT it was well played and they got what they deserved. Their access to developers early on has given them a "we deserve it because we are better than thou attitude" and someone used that to smack them
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Hilarious. I'd be fucking gutted if it happened to me, but it didnt.
    What it means to be an American.