Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Try and give me a reasonable answer to this:

Ok. So we know that by the end of mists of pandaria, Garrosh will be the final encounter, that he's gone down the same road Illidan and Arthas has and will be the big evil we take down at the end, either though death (please dear god let it be so) or by him being snatched away by the legion or escaping or whatever, but either way, Garrosh don't be the warchief after mists.

Thats all well a good, but what I want to know is, as the developers have rebuilt the game in cataclysm as we know it, with Garrosh as warchief and the zones, questing and areas shaped around this change, and orgrimmar most importantly being themed around Garrosh being the warchief, what exactly is meant to happen after mists when we get rid of him finally?

Will Blizzard rework orgrimmar to suit whoever the next warchief will be? Thats not beyond possibility, but then what about so many quests and zones themed around Garrosh being the current ruler, if he isn't there anymore. Despite how much I hate Garrosh, his presence is all over the place even if he isn't, so many quests and themed around him being the ruler of the horde.
    And how will it make sense with him gone and someone else being in charge, if you get told by someone like Nazgrim 'we do this because Garrosh told us so', when Garrosh isn't meant to be there.

I remember the devs saying they do not intend to rework azeorth again, that the current state its in with its deathwing-did-a-crap-on-it state, that its going to stay like that, also so many quests related to Garrosh still being in charge, when after mists he won't?

Is this going to yet be another case of the awful inconsistent story left with the devs not doing enough to patch things up once more?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Right thinking people don't care about that lore stuff and have no idea or recollection of what names are given in the quests anyway. So, it won't bother them and the people who are bothered... well that kind you can never please anyway.

They'll probably remain the same. That's been the case for everything else regarding the big baddie so far. And I don't see why that's such a bad thing. It lets people go back and experience the story after the fact.

Never thought about that.... That will be hard for the devs :-p. Although they have enough reason to let orgrimmar be like the way it is now since, well, the war.

Deleted
    Judging by the current expansion's theme, it comes as obvious that Garrosh will be taken over by the sha of hatred/anger/violence and will be killed. There will probably there will be some redeeming dialogue that he wasn't himself or something.

Deleted
    See TBC and wrath and vanilla before the rewamp. it always happens ^^
    The Timeline between expansions are abit wonky and Blizzard has allready acknowledged this, just gotta live with it.

And to be honest if they were to try and take out Garrosh from the questlines they would need to revamp so much,
    and the story in certain zones wouldn't make sense without his warhungry rage of Hellscream ultra supreme War Chief of doom.
    you just gotta look past it lad.

15+ Year Old Account
    the idea is you play thru the story, so you'll level while garrosh is warchief, then by the time u get to the end of MoP he'll get replaced, same will be true of other new toons.

as for orgrimmar, unless it gets destroyed in the seige, it will likely remain the same, unless the new war chief is some super camp blood elf who doesn't like the decor . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    Never thought about that.... That will be hard for the devs :-p. Although they have enough reason to let orgrimmar be like the way it is now since, well, the war.
    Yet the war is meant to end come the end of mists, as Wrathion and many other lore characters are setting up the theme of it coming to an end.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Garrosh has been kidnapped and replaced by a Dreadlord who took his shape since they left Northrend. That's why he allows summoning of demons and whatnot on Pandaria.

We will figure it out at the end of the expansion when we will fight the Dreadlord who took the form of Garrosh, and be told that the real Garrosh is still alive, but taken somewhere else, and something bad is about to happen to him, they are going to inject demon blood into him! And that my friends, is where the new expansion starts with the invasion of the Burning Legion again, that Wrathion shows in his visions.

*Tinfoilhat*
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-10-08 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Garrosh has been kidnapped and replaced by a Dreadlord who took his shape since they left Northrend. That's why he allows summoning of demons and whatnot on Pandaria.

We will figure it out at the end of the expansion when we will fight the Dreadlord who took the from of Garrosh, and be told that the real Garrosh is still alive, but taken somewhere else, and something bad is about to happen to him, they are going to inject demon blood into him! And that my friends, is where the new expansion starts with the invasion of the Burning Legion again, that Wrathion shows in his visions.

*Tinfoilhat*
    That... actually sounds kind of interesting. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what happens with Garrosh, his updating of Ogrimmar *IS* a good idea. It takes what was basically a gigantic log village and sought to fire-proof it and enforce it against siege weaponry. In a setting where Armies of Demons, Gods, the Elements and not least of all other factions openly rebel against peaceful relations with each other - it is more than essential that any society that wishes to survive must protect themselves.

As for changing it back or somehow altering it's apperance again - it won't happen. The location of where the Warchief, or Council, operates *probably* will be relocated (they have made the location of the warchief indicative with his personality) so Grommash Hold is likely to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Unfortunately I suspect 1-90 will forever stay the same... Blizzard seem to think their revamp of 1-60 was ultimately the failure of Cataclysm and will NEVER attempt at updating the old world...It's forever stuck in time. As for Orgrimmar alone? Doubtful

Deleted
    Garrosh will be cleared of his corruption and stay as warchief.

You saw it here first.

they could phase it, have garrosh still be warchief until you do th raid or get to 90 or something like that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Having time hiccups in Outlands, Northrend and Pandaria seem fine, as they are so seperate. I would dislike Garrosh Presence in 1-60 and 80-85 content with him ultimately not there anymore. The same goes for Deathwing, so much in the reworked world is modeled around him it seems quite silly so.

I hope they at least change the quests that are easy to change (with new flavour text only).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    the idea is you play thru the story, so you'll level while garrosh is warchief, then by the time u get to the end of MoP he'll get replaced, same will be true of other new toons.
    It's pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    They'll probably remain the same. That's been the case for everything else regarding the big baddie so far. And I don't see why that's such a bad thing. It lets people go back and experience the story after the fact.
    The problem is that Garrosh isn't currently a big baddie. He's not a raid boss yet, he's a very very important character in the game - Illidan barely showed his face anywhere, but the difference is that he was never good ingame. For Garrosh to switch sides and for us to kill him, something has to happen.

Which is why he'll be cleared of his Sha corruption, and retain the Warchief position.

(Don't get me wrong, I hope he does die).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    The problem is that Garrosh isn't currently a big baddie. He's not a raid boss yet, he's a very very important character in the game - Illidan barely showed his face anywhere, but the difference is that he was never good ingame. For Garrosh to switch sides and for us to kill him, something has to happen.

Which is why he'll be cleared of his Sha corruption, and retain the Warchief position.

(Don't get me wrong, I hope he does die).
    They've already confirmed, Garrosh isn't corrupted by the sha or demons, he isn't possessed by anything, he's just a bad orc who goes down a dark path.
    #boycottchina

It will probably not change much. Perhaps there will be some phasing for leveling characters but that is probably it.

I assume there will be phasing since Garrosh is at the pandaren start and they probably had enough time for another character/leader to "introduce" you to the horde if Garrosh as boss was an afterthought.

Probably not what you want to hear but after a few years of playing WoW, you kind of get the way blizz operates. They usually don't fix stuff like that. But because it is a faction leader they will change something but probably not every quest he has anything to do with etc.

Or perhaps when we finish him in raids he will be like: "oh I learned my lesson now, I will forever be a good person" .
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-10-08 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    no it wont... they do the same thing they have done 100000x times... just ignore it