Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    twins and razor were soloable at 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplistic View Post
    twins and razor were soloable at 85.
    Maybe they were, but it felt like a long fight on paper, so I didn't even bother trying.
    And how was Razorgore soloable? Is there some gimmick I am missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot can do craptons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MuAv5zVA4 is an example on my level 80. I'm sure a reasonably-geared 90 could get well into cataclysm content without too much trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may take a break from dailies and such tonight to see what I can solo. Went back to MC last night for my T2 legs as prot and had no issues. Maybe if I feel ballsy enough I'll do some ICC and Cata entry bosses.

Twins was easy and fast - just burn down the melee boss. completely ignore the caster and just outdps the heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Maybe they were, but it felt like a long fight on paper, so I didn't even bother trying.
    And how was Razorgore soloable? Is there some gimmick I am missing?
    I would like to know this too. If I can get past Razorgore, I'd like to be able to get my Judgement set.
    Putin khuliyo

I can solo all of Naxx and most if not all of Uld (haven't tried Flame Leviathan). I know ICC aside from the gunship isn't hard at all (Have done Marrow, Deathwhisper, etc). I can also work through most Cata heroics. 5man normals in MOP are easy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    I can solo all of Naxx
    And how do you exactly solo Thaddius and Kel'thuzad? As far as I remember, Ice blocks could target the tank (at least in 25man they could, not so sure about 10man) and that would be oneshot since they do like 105% of your total hp in damage.

Found out couple days ago that General Vezax in Ulduar is nigh invincible for prot paladins now. By mistake started fight with Seal of Insight, and even with this Seal I went oom, and of course Seal of Insight proc'd no mana. Ticketed GM about this and got response "Improve your rotation if you have mana issues". This reply made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Found out couple days ago that General Vezax in Ulduar is nigh invincible for prot paladins now. By mistake started fight with Seal of Insight, and even with this Seal I went oom, and of course Seal of Insight proc'd no mana. Ticketed GM about this and got response "Improve your rotation if you have mana issues". This reply made my day.
    Take a few Dark Runes with you? Well, Demonic Runes. Dark Runes were removed IIRC. I believe his Aura is supposed to stop the mana regeneration from that seal.

I guess "Guarded by the Light" wont give you mana in this fight either, which would mean going Ret might be useless as well, since their Mana regen is very similar. And this might seem stupid, but Glyph of Divine Plea could help, so long as it is not turned off by his aura.

But yes, just one of many fights that being a DK is better/easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do you exactly solo Thaddius and Kel'thuzad? As far as I remember, Ice blocks could target the tank (at least in 25man they could, not so sure about 10man) and that would be oneshot since they do like 105% of your total hp in damage.
    Blocks only target players that aren't Kel'thuzad's focus. If you're soloing you'll never be blocked. 2manning however, your partner probably will be.

Deleted
    So has anyone tested out some things yet? I feel like my paladin was more capable at 85 :x
    Anyone who took down Hodir10? How long did it take?

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed all of ulduar 10nm outside of thorim, mimiron, vezax and yogg, i think vezax, yogg might go solo, not tested. (as ret that is)

@ Lethora: Iceblock won't target the main tank if you are the only one in the raid. Thaddius has no wiping mechanics...all you have to do is pull one of the two adds in the start, dps it low, then the other comes around just DPS it down, then finish them at the same time. Bounce down, burn boss, collect loot.

Hardest boss is by far Instructor Razuvious, who hits like a truck. Patchwerk can be trouble if your self healing isn't great or you're not great with cooldown management.

This is all 10m. Some fights in 25m are too intensive in damage or healing to solo. I can't do Patchwerk, Razuvious, or Gluth in 25. I was able to solo the 10m raid achievement / drake achievement though for that tier. I thought the Four Horseman meta would be rough but it turned out to be a joke with insight on.
    Last edited by Subbversion; 2012-10-13 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but I just soloed Kel'Thuzad on 25 man on my pally alt Dreløs (not Drelos) at Frostmane EU on the first try. He's a really poorly geared protection paladin (444 equipped, no enchants or gems or anything) and since it's my alt I don't consider myself to be a good paladin either. I haven't frapsed it or anything (could do it later I suppose), but the fight is a joke really.

Kel'Thuzad doesn't cast his iceblocks on the tank so it's just tank & spank. All you have to do is stand in the purple stuff on the ground to get your vengeance up and there you go. The adds he spawns around 40% don't really hurt either. I think Kel'Thuzad enrages at around 18-19 minutes into the fight and I was pretty close to that (but my gear was the worst and I was in seal of insight most of the time when it wasn't necessary), but still. I could post a screenshot of the kill but I'm not allowed to post links. Here's a try:

http: // imageshack.us / a /img266/4448/wowscrnshot101412201042.jpg

I soloed it on my hunter (Zaradur) as well on 25m when I first reached 90 (about two weeks ago), but that is much harder due to having to deal with the mechanics of the fight since you're not a tank (LoSing the boss, outhealing the iceblock because you need to dps yourself sometimes in addition to the pet to reach the berserk timer, having to deal with mind controls, etc).
    Last edited by mmocfe81f2457b; 2012-10-14 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    I can solo all of Naxx and most if not all of Uld (haven't tried Flame Leviathan). I know ICC aside from the gunship isn't hard at all (Have done Marrow, Deathwhisper, etc). I can also work through most Cata heroics. 5man normals in MOP are easy too.
    Flame Levi was soloable when it came out...

I imagine brutallus is still pretty impossible to solo on a ret, even after mop. Hyjal though is faceroll and a good place to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I imagine brutallus is still pretty impossible to solo on a ret, even after mop. Hyjal though is faceroll and a good place to start.
    2-manned Sunwell with a monk friend, Brutallus is indeed impossible, since his Meteor Slash will one-shot you after 5th stack.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Flame Levi was soloable when it came out...
    I have trouble solo'ing with all four towers up. It's something I haven't worked the kinks out on yet.

2-manned Sunwell with a monk friend, Brutallus is indeed impossible, since his Meteor Slash will one-shot you after 5th stack.
    No, no he isn't.

I have 15+ stacks on me, doings more than 1200% fire dmg. It only takes maybe 150k fire dmg from meteor. With shield, seal and WoG, and the huge vengeance. Can easily outheal it.

I'm a 476 prot pally, I dont get how ppl can solo some stuff.

Gluth impossible to solo as prot pally, you WON'T do enough dps to outheal his eating zombies... thats a fact.

How are ppl doing Kaelthas in 7 min as prot??? No way you have the dps to burn the mage when she constantly conflags you, and having the other wail on you.

Don't see how you can solo Malygos 10 also, I hit enrage... no way prot pally dmg is high enough to beat it.
    Same with Gorefiend, no way as a prot pally you can pull dps fast enough without him sending you to your death and becoming a spirit.