Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Can't wait to see your class nerf to the ground in pvp, ridiculously op in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Can't wait to see your class nerf to the ground in pvp, ridiculously op in arena.
    The first set of nerfs will be warriors second wind talent, it's just fucking op to shit in 2's oh and execute hitting for 100k+ is fair right but kill shot hits for 20k-30k and the target still lives. Next its going to be hybrid healers healing for as much as regular healers, rets and boomkins healing their teammates for their whole health bar.

I wouldn't mind our bust getting toned down if they give us more sustained damage and entrapment for all specs.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah oh boy that'll be great then we can be crap in arenas like we always are. The only times hunters own in arenas are due to obviously overpowered specs or abilities. Like right now and back when Explosive was OP as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    The first set of nerfs will be warriors second wind talent, it's just fucking op to shit in 2's oh and execute hitting for 100k+ is fair right but kill shot hits for 20k-30k and the target still lives. Next its going to be hybrid healers healing for as much as regular healers, rets and boomkins healing their teammates for their whole health bar.

I wouldn't mind our bust getting toned down if they give us more sustained damage and entrapment for all specs.
    Man you're crazy if you think warriors will be nerfed before us. BM is stupid right now mainly due to the Spirit pet bug but still.

Agreed with hybrid healers healing for way too much as well. But to be fair rets suffer pretty excessively damagewise except for when cooldowns are up. They'll do great burst then they hit like a wet noodle.

But yeah some huge issues of balance are in game right now. Hunters need to be fixed. Warriors slightly as well. Then theres classes that really do need buffs. I don't know how BM hunters are in raids but I hear we're terrible. Surv/MM need buffed all around as well. The monk class cracks me up too. Their DPS spec is probably the worst spec I've seen in WoW in years for both PVP and PVE. They heal excellently though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Yeah oh boy that'll be great then we can be crap in arenas like we always are. The only times hunters own in arenas are due to obviously overpowered specs or abilities. Like right now and back when Explosive was OP as hell.

Man you're crazy if you think warriors will be nerfed before us. BM is stupid right now mainly due to the Spirit pet bug but still.

Agreed with hybrid healers healing for way too much as well. But to be fair rets suffer pretty excessively damagewise except for when cooldowns are up. They'll do great burst then they hit like a wet noodle.

But yeah some huge issues of balance are in game right now. Hunters need to be fixed. Warriors slightly as well. Then theres classes that really do need buffs. I don't know how BM hunters are in raids but I hear we're terrible. Surv/MM need buffed all around as well. The monk class cracks me up too. Their DPS spec is probably the worst spec I've seen in WoW in years for both PVP and PVE. They heal excellently though.
    You should probably do some research into PVE before you spout nonsense about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our "OPness" comes from the fact that we have alot of CDs that we can stack and pop at the beginning which creates great burst (not to mention Stampede, Kill Command, and Lynx Rush ignore LoS). Our sustained is pretty lacking though, which is why I'm kinda worried. If they nerf our burst then that may very well nerf our dps overall. I think they need to find a way to nerf our burst while buffing our sustained to keep our dps at about the same, because we're in a decent spot atm.

ANY HARD EVIDENCE OF THIS SUPPOSED PET BUG?

I don't care what you have to say about "common sense" or "it's obvious"

from what i've seen in bgs my pets do the expected amount of damage (it's still too much but that's not the point) on pvp geared players and i have every spirit beast save arcturis, gc and the other one from hyjal that's not ahnka

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    ANY HARD EVIDENCE OF THIS SUPPOSED PET BUG?

I don't care what you have to say about "common sense" or "it's obvious"

from what i've seen in bgs my pets do the expected amount of damage (it's still too much but that's not the point) on pvp geared players and i have every spirit beast save arcturis, gc and the other one from hyjal that's not ahnka
    I agree that spirit beasts do the expected amounts of damage in BGs, raids, and world zones. They also scale properly with AP even going as high as ~60k, so it can't be a bug with AP scaling.

There have been a couple instances in the past where certain abilities would ignore resilience, but only in arenas.

Deleted
    More than willing to provide screenshots of combat logs, warlock in full pvp gear using unbound will being hit by the following in the same second (timestamps available)

Claw 37k
    Claw 37k
    Claw 37k
    Claw 37k
    Claw 37k
    Kill Command 68k
    all crits mind you
    (All happen in the exact same second)

That is a little too much for damage that is impossible to avoid/prevent, seeing as the pets are immune to CC, you can kill them with the glyph and the hunter is impossible to kill during it because spirit mend from 5 pets out-heals any damage any class in-game can put out (aside another hunter).

That's not even including blink strike/lynx rush etc.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2012-10-09 at 08:37 PM.

Yeah, I'm with Illana here, we need to see some screens or logs or something. I'm actually more confused now than at the start of this thread.

Which spirit beasts is this happening with?
    Which attacks are ignoring resilience?
    Does it happen every time or only under bestial wrath or during stampede?

Evidence people, we need to see hard numbers and facts. Especially because if this is legit and repeatable we need to make sure that Blizz is aware of it, so that they don't hand down PvP nerfs based on a bug they aren't aware of.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Yeah, I'm with Illana here, we need to see some screens or logs or something. I'm actually more confused now than at the start of this thread.

Which spirit beasts is this happening with?
    Which attacks are ignoring resilience?
    Does it happen every time or only under bestial wrath or during stampede?

Evidence people, we need to see hard numbers and facts. Especially because if this is legit and repeatable we need to make sure that Blizz is aware of it, so that they don't hand down PvP nerfs based on a bug they aren't aware of.
    I will do so as soon as I find a BM hunter in full pvp gear to re-test it with.

As far as i'm aware, he was using spirit beasts and this was during Bestial Wrath with Stampede.

As it's not the first time it's happened to me, i'm sure it'll be really easy to reproduce the same results.
    (Just to emphasize, I had unbound will up (40% dmg reduction cooldown) and using full pvp gear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    I can post a video of every single class and spec looking godly in arenas. Not defending the fact BM hunters need a nerf, but linking a video and just saying NERF makes you look like a raging moron.

Deleted
    I really hope Blizzard either remove Stampede from arena and fix the bugs, completely redesign a handful of abilities, or simply just nerf hunters to the ground at the benefit of the 10 other classes. BM is a terrible PvE spec anyway. It shouldn't really be viable in arena. The same goes for Arcane mages, protection warriors etc (you get the point).
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    He doesn't play very well (or should I say around the average of a random BG player), his partner seems terrible, full PvE gear and still 2k rating at the start of a season with a mmr reset... Seems balanced..

Deleted
    a guldie was telling me earlier that its possible for him to do 799k in 10seconds using claw, BW and stampede. is that even possible? ive tested a few times with my plain old cat on a target dummy and my damage output is no way near that high.using stampede seems to be lowing my damage if anything. not sure what im doing wrong. ive been smashing faces in, but ive not understood how other hunters are doing such insane damage so quickly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I really hope Blizzard either remove Stampede from arena and fix the bugs, completely redesign a handful of abilities, or simply just nerf hunters to the ground at the benefit of the 10 other classes. BM is a terrible PvE spec anyway. It shouldn't really be viable in arena. The same goes for Arcane mages, protection warriors etc (you get the point).

He doesn't play very well (or should I say around the average of a random BG player), his partner seems terrible, full PvE gear and still 2k rating at the start of a season with a mmr reset... Seems balanced..
    its not a nerf they need, its a fix.
    in my post above i said i havnt been able to repeat the 700k damage is 10seconds ive been hearing about, but i still think the burst is too high, but the sustainable damage is terrible. the burst needs to be reduced a lot, and up the damage we can keep up, once the cooldowns have been used the damage is terrible from my experience. i dont want to see some heavy handed blizzard nerf where they totally destroy the BM spec again and make it a useless spec again. sadly thats usually blizzards way to nerf the class into the ground for the next season. i got a feeling its going to happen to warriors aswell.

When u can kill someone in the duration of a intimidation its a bit op and considering lynx rush ignores resillince and so does stampede pets ya it needs to be fixed but the nerf our dmg any more we wont be pve. Viable I barely can sustain 50k and that makes me last on the meters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durion View Post
    When u can kill someone in the duration of a intimidation its a bit op and considering lynx rush ignores resillince and so does stampede pets ya it needs to be fixed but the nerf our dmg any more we wont be pve. Viable I barely can sustain 50k and that makes me last on the meters

any proof lynx rush ignores resi?
    i keep seeing videos and hearing people talking about doing 700k damage in 10seconds, and pets ignoring resi, but i just cant seem to repeat the effects. im not the best hunter, but im pretty expereinced with the class. i dont have a spirit beast pet, and ive heard they are pretty OP right now. but using BW, intimidation, trinket, racial and lynx rush on my paladin friend with no pvp gear it only took him to about 60% health, which is a lot still in 4seconds, but no way near as much as i see others doing. a guildie was telling me his cats claw was hitting for 60k+, mine seems to hit about 30k at most, thats with 100 focus and BW up. not sure where im going wrong, i just cant seem to output that amount of crazy damage. i do a lot, more than i should be able to to in a short space of time still.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Our "OPness" comes from the fact that we have alot of CDs that we can stack and pop at the beginning which creates great burst (not to mention Stampede, Kill Command, and Lynx Rush ignore LoS). Our sustained is pretty lacking though, which is why I'm kinda worried. If they nerf our burst then that may very well nerf our dps overall. I think they need to find a way to nerf our burst while buffing our sustained to keep our dps at about the same, because we're in a decent spot atm.
    I agree with this and I really hope PVP doesn't mess up BM's validity in PVE because I honestly am finding it more enjoyable than survival.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

people keep going on about pets and stuff ignoring resilience:

WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Again I can do a shit ton of damage to someone popping every single cooldown I have too but that doesn't mean it's bugged or ignoring resilience or something, it's the damage it's SUPPOSED to do.

doesn't mean it's balanced but blizz obviously designed it to be like that right now.

If pets did indeed ignore resilience, i wouldn't notice them doing less damage in pvp and they do a lot less damage in pvp.

I can't wait for people to learn how to counter the burst and not rage on the forums like an uneducated troglodyte.

Any nerf on our abilities or damage will make us almost unviable in PvE! I'm strongly against any nerfs to hunters!!!