Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just curious but did Blizz confirm that he is going to be the last boss of the expansion? I know he is going to be the last boss of a patch but with the Wrathion story line, it seems to me that we'll be raiding Org sooner rather than later and the expansion will end vanquishing this new/old threat to Azeroth. Unless this is kind of a pre-cursor to the NEXT expansion, which would be a new twist; a cross-expansion quest line.

It won't really change for the same reason Outland and Northrend as still the same as they have always been. My Pandaren goes to Outland after working for Garrosh through 1-60 only to find a younger, depressed Garrosh in Nagrand.

At best we might see them make it "phased", in that when you start a new character, Garrosh is there and all his quests working as normal, but once you do a high level quest he is replaced with whoever becomes the new Warchief (with a convenient extra NPC there to give or finish a few of Garrosh's old quests)

They'll probably phase Ogrimmar. Once you've either completed the raid that takes him down, or in the next expansion once you've passed level 90, he'll be replaced by whoever replaces him.

And concerning Northrend and Outland, they could have easily written in a quick Caverns of Time questline that basically goes "okay Heroes, now its time to go back and see what happened for yourself". Would help handwave the time differences.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    the idea is you play thru the story, so you'll level while garrosh is warchief, then by the time u get to the end of MoP he'll get replaced, same will be true of other new toons.
    Like it or not, but the game was designed as your character is playing through a time line while you level. It may feel like nothing, but story wise it is supposed to span a lengthy amount of time.

Each new character you create was going back in time. Their meddling with Cata made this a lot more convoluted, as you don't go back in time until you hit TBC, but that was the original intent. Time travel is already widely present in the game, it would take them 5 minutes to add a quest sending you to outland that specifically says you are going back in time.

Problem solved...they're just lazy.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    And concerning Northrend and Outland, they could have easily written in a quick Caverns of Time questline that basically goes "okay Heroes, now its time to go back and see what happened for yourself". Would help handwave the time differences.
    Totally missed this. Yeah, what he said.

Deleted
    He won't die, it will all be like "omg demons did it - exterminate! exterminate!" and then Garrosh would like "*puppy eyes* I'm sorry". everyone will forgive as Thrall promises to watch over the horde as Garrosh rules.

I'm expecting this is an excellent example of how they SHOULD use phasing.

1-90 you could see Orgrimmar with Garrosh in his throne room. Once a player hits 90, your return to Orgrimmar and will find the new warchief there.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but can anyone briefly explain to me why Thrall doesn't resume his position now that he doesn't have to hold the world together? What happened to him anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would enjoy cutting his head off and feeding him to some wild boars, but I'm sure something will be done to keep him alive (well, sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yet the war is meant to end come the end of mists, as Wrathion and many other lore characters are setting up the theme of it coming to an end.
    The war is not meant to end - there will always be struggle between the two factions even if they ally against the overall greater evil. See all of wrath for example...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not easy to directly answer.

Due to the story it should be changed. The minority in the Horde that do dislike Garrosh atm see the metal buildings as a symbol of oppression and of the Old Horde (Hellfire Citadel). Yet once the people who do like Garrosh begin to see his logic crack wide open will also associate the buildings as a symbol of Garrosh's and their own faults so will probably not want to be reminded of it. Not to mention the obvious damage that will be done during the siege. So yeah from a story point of view it should definitely be changed.

But. If Stormwind is anything to go by then there is a very good chance that there will be no change what so ever. Not to mention to mention how recent the entire rework was, so for Blizzard to just remodel an already remodelled city would almost seem like a waste from a purely development point of view. Given how they claimed they didn't have enough time to fix the damage done to Stormwind, I highly doubt they will pull a new Orgrimmar out of their sleeves.
    Without trying to beat the dead horse again, a lot of people were already annoyed that the Horde got lot's of structural remodelling across the board in questing zones (Forsaken and Orcs) along with an entirely new city layout and aesthetic while Stormwind to this day got a district turned into a hole and many of the towers and a statue visibly damaged, so for the Horde to get yet another city remodel would seem a little annoying for a lot of people.
    If they didn't have time to fix Stormwind's damage, then there is definitely not enough for yet another city remodel.

I just don't feel the practicality is there sadly.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, but can anyone briefly explain to me why Thrall doesn't resume his position now that he doesn't have to hold the world together? What happened to him anyway...
    He's too busy being Mary Sue Father Thrall. He has no time for actual character development and meaning to the story. Just like half of the great characters they have sitting on a shelf.

Deleted
    Yet the war is meant to end come the end of mists, as Wrathion and many other lore characters are setting up the theme of it coming to an end.
    But outside the game Jeese Cox (in a youtube video with Pride) tweeted Chris Metzen about this and Chris said MoP is the calm before the storm :P
    Though i think its a surprise we're gonna have to wait for, while i hate messed up timelines in game, i think i'll just deal with whatever they dish out. As long as Garrosh wasn't being 'used' and did all this on his own i think i'll like the end even if he will still be sat in the valley of honor XD

Deleted
    They will not change anything. They will just replace Garrosh in Orgrimmar with someone else. The end.

And reworking Orgrimmar again is out of the question, especially when other cities are crap. But, with some luck, you might get a nice little hole like SW has.

They're handling the Lore in Mists so far very well.

And they've begun to characterize Garrosh as a, well, massive asshole-ish doucher.

So I'll keep my faith they'll bring Garrosh down correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    But, with some luck, you might get a nice little hole like SW has.
    That would make my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Each new character you create was going back in time. Their meddling with Cata made this a lot more convoluted, as you don't go back in time until you hit TBC, but that was the original intent. Time travel is already widely present in the game, it would take them 5 minutes to add a quest sending you to outland that specifically says you are going back in time.

Problem solved...they're just lazy.
    I'm sorry, but that is a terrible idea. There currently is very, very few ways to time travel in lore, so saying "oh your going back in time to Outland and then Northrend and then back to the present, by the way you can come back anytime to afk and use dungeon finder, oh also even though some heroes did all that years ago we're still sending you, don't expect to see anyone though since they're doing what really matters in Pandaria."

Something along those lines? Anyway, deal with the time gaps between expansions (Though I admit it is blizz's fault for making cata after wrath in the timeline). Bottom line is using time travel so willy nilly like that makes the idea cheap and stupid, more so than the 'time travel' we have now.
    Edit: Sorry this is kinda Off-Topic
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-10-08 at 03:09 PM.

They've already confirmed, Garrosh isn't corrupted by the sha or demons, he isn't possessed by anything, he's just a bad orc who goes down a dark path.
    Can you provide a link for these statements. I tried to Google it and couldn't turn anything up. I swear at blizz con they said he DID become Sha corrupt. Also I haven't seen them state that we will kill Garrosh. I wouldnt doubt that we beat the Sha out of him and he returns to power as the Warchief as they did say Thrall will not be returning as Chief.

I feel the story will play out as follows: 5.1 Garrosh comes to Pandaria, Becomes corrupted by the sha. Eventually returns to Org(5.3) where he is out of control bringing the Sha to Azeroth. Then we siege Org to take him down. Beat the Sha out of him he comes to his senses and character flops OMG What have I done eyes now opened much more enlightened warchief just like his father when he took on Mannaroth.

If they unseat him as leader of the Horde fine, but The orcs need an orc leader. Perhaps it pans out and we get Thrall back but I think the mantle will be passed along. Also the war is far from over, you cant have Warcraft with out War. Red vs Blue is the core of the story. I totally dig the times we put aside differences to kick some other worldly ass but at the end of the day, Lok'tar ogar!

If you stop red vs blue its time to hang up warcraft as the story is finished imo.

Because still working against Illidan in Outlands so many years after his defeat makes sense?
    Going around Northrend being teased by the Lich King, despite him being dead for over 2 years?
    Just because Garrosh is going down, doesn't mean Kalimdor should change one bit, and you will still see him whenever you charge into Twilight Highlands on a skyship.

Simply because all you do in WoW, besides the most current content, is set in the past.

Who knows, maybe Org is destroyed and the exodus to draenor commences.

Deleted
    uhm Garrosh is the same in the Outlands since BC.
    He is the same in Northend since WotLk and i think everything will be the same in the Cata Quests and even maybe in OG.

Maybe you will have in the next expansion a new warchief as long you are there but if you return to OG you will see his big face again.