Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is the Africa bonus just for African countries, or all countries?

North America, Europe, or Asia, not Africa if the Africa bonus is Africa only. If it isn't then Africa is the clear choice, since you can put fighter bases in other locations from what I understand.

Also the South America bonus might not help endgame, but it should push your knowledge forward much faster. iirc the psionics skills need a interrogation of a sectoid before you can start using them, right?

Doing Europe as my base.

I had it preordered for XBOX, but then I turned around and prepurchased it for Steam. Free TF2 stuff and Civ. 5 was too good for me to pass up.

Been playing since Terror from the Deep, hoping this game keeps my Xcom hopes alive.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Going Europe for my first base since I always love to play sciency in games where that is possible and being from Europe it's nice for "rp".

Also gonna play Ironman and probably the second hardest difficulty.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-10-07 at 06:55 PM.

I like the character customization they added. But it leaves me to wonder: who'll I name and 'sculpt' my team after?

I think my first squad will be Noble team from Halo Reach, maybe South Park character names after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less than 24 hours to go.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Less than 24 hours to go.
    Damn Americans! I still have to wait almost 4 days.

Yeah the African perk seems OP, unless it only refers to income from Africa. If so, I'll probably be going with Europe.

I'll repeat my question from a few pages ago:

Anyone know if there will be some sort of matchmaking system for multiplayer?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Yeah the African perk seems OP, unless it only refers to income from Africa. If so, I'll probably be going with Europe.

I'll repeat my question from a few pages ago:

Anyone know if there will be some sort of matchmaking system for multiplayer?
    I would assume there has to be, or its going to be extremely hard to find other players. I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'. I'm going to be quite irritated if there is a matchmaking system on consoles and not on the PC.

Or do you mean like a matchmaking and ranking system so it matches you against people who are about as skilled/experienced as you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'.
    Sounds like a reference to me.

Review embargo ends this morning so some good in depth reviews should hit soon
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Review embargo ends this morning so some good in depth reviews should hit soon
    GameInformer had their review up since friday night. IGN and I think Gamespy (who seem to be sharing everything now) have one up iirc. Very good scores all around, and I watched Gamespot's 1 hour/2 matches pvp thing, it seemed basic but entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I would assume there has to be, or its going to be extremely hard to find other players. I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'. I'm going to be quite irritated if there is a matchmaking system on consoles and not on the PC.

Or do you mean like a matchmaking and ranking system so it matches you against people who are about as skilled/experienced as you?
    Yeah I just meant a general system to play with strangers online. That achievement you mentioned sounds like there indeed is one. Would suck if you could only play with your (steam) friends etc.

Deleted
    i was thinking 7 or 8's

seems its getting 9's all over the board.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comment...fficial_forum/

List of reviews compiled on REDDIT from official forums
    iMac

Friday cannot come quick enough.

I heard *spoiler* that no base attacks happen on your base?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Yeah would be nice if the the early people could use spoiler tags when talking about things inside the game that isnt open to the public as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comment...fficial_forum/

List of reviews compiled on REDDIT from official forums
    Some interesting reviews in there, thanks for the link!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those reviews are insane for a TBS Game. Good to see the genre is still alive and well received. XCOM for GOTY? We will see! That would be incredible to have a TBS Game be GOTY lol.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

I heard *spoiler* that no base attacks happen on your base?
    true

there are no base attacks... maybe dlc will introduce them
    iMac