Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alysrazor Solo 10M

So I had thought about this a while back when shadow priests and boomkins started doing it so I asked myself: Has any Shaman done this before?

Did it as Enhance but I belive its also doable as Elemental.

If people want I can make a guide for it, perhaps a video - might take a while though as I'm somewhat busy.

EDIT:

ALRIGHT lets get this started:

GEAR:
    I don't really advise you to attempt this below 450 item level, you may stay alive but you won't kill her in time for the "enrage".
    Straightforward Mastery>Haste gear setup.

TALENTS & GLYPHS:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sJJ|kus

This is the build you should be using in order to do this.

Mandatory talents: Astral Shift, Call of Elements, Echo of Elements, Unleashed Fury

The glyphs I used are the best for the encounter. I'm not saying its impossible w/o them, but it makes things alot harder.

HOW TO GET THERE:

Pardon my terrible paint skills. The big green dots are the checkpoints between trash where you can wait till you see a opening and squeeze in, avoiding absolutely everything with the exception of 2 packs: Alysrazor room trash and the road to Lord Rhyo's hill, where that mini-boss is at.

From the begining, you can jump down the rocks and you should land near the turtles. Go a bit agaisnt the hill between the turtles and the intersection ahead, wait till the serpents pass and go right through. There should be a opening between the giant/big dog/small dog/scorpid packs and go close to the lava (green dot on map). From here if you are back agaisnt the lava, on your right are 3 small turtles (sleeping i think) and 2 or 3 scorpion packs on the left. Wait for the right moment and make a run for it to alysrazor.
    This is where this get tricky. You go near casters (might wanna spec totemic projection) drop a capacitor on them and stay on top of them - TURN ON PROJECTED TEXTURES - pop Astral Shift if they manage to cast anything but if you did everything right then the 2 big birds should start spitting on them and kill them in less than 2 seconds.
    You have 2 choices now. Either you kite and kill everything yourself or you take advantage of the birds spitting and just hit the hatchlings to MSW5 heal yourself and let them kill everything, including themselves.

All you need now is to clear Rhyo's road. Rush near the "Firelord Whats-his-name", he will run away, pop Earth Elemental and go apeshit on the trash. Use all your survival toolkit for it as they might kill you if you don't hurry.
    If you watch my video you see I have a green mark near the place where the "Firelord" was at. When past 50 energy-phase, you run up there and don't go any further or you will get knockbacked to the lava and possibly aggro random elites there.

TACTICS:

1) NEVER, EVER pop wolves, fire elemental or any other kind of guardian/pet/totem while flying or you are gonna have a bad time (see what I did there)
    2) Ascendance is used defensively untill after the 2nd Tornado Phase.
    3) Time your cooldowns carefully, dont use them all at once or you aren't going to survive the Tornado Phase.

Easy part:
    You pop everything at the begining (fire ele, ascendance, bl...) and do as much damage as possible. Pick up the 3 feathers and pull back your totems or you will aggro something (NOTE: Only pick the 3rd when she stops doing her cleave ability and goes high in the air). From here on out you just follow her close, doing as much damage as possible. Watch the cooldown on her Molting ability so you know when to NOT pickup the FINAL AIR RING. If you go a bit to far from her she will despawn, you loose wings and another 15minutes of your life + gold.

Hard part:
    Tornados.... oh boy this was complicated. Get 5 Stacks of MSW and go outside about 4 or 5 seconds after the boss starts spinning (SWITCH TO ROCKBITTER ASAP AND STOP USING UE). Heres the deal, the longer you stay outside the room the more damage you take... like 80k damage/second. Drop HST instantly and use Shamrage + Unleash Rockbitter on the boss when she flys close to you. If you are taking 2 much damage pop Astral Shift. When she flys around again you pop AG and Ascendance and Stormblast her in order to get AG healing jolt and MSW stacks for future use - remember CotE and HST if necessary, they help ALOT. She enters burn phase, you wait for her to reach 50 energy and when she targets you, RUN FOR THE HILLS! Stay in the place I marked on the video and stay alive. Pick up the feathers and get ready for another round.

Do this 2x and then you should have Ascendance and Lust back. You should have ~2m20s to nuke ~30% of her remaining health. This is the moment you have been waiting for! Enter
    super saiyan form w/ lust and zerg her down before the tornados!

Congrats! You just solo'd Alysrazor 10M as Enhancement!

Now the question is: What will I get first? Tarecgosa FoS or Flametalon of Alysrazor?

Heres the video I made. Watch in 720p otherwise you won't understand the important parts.

Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2012-10-07 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    So I had thought about this a while back when shadow priests and boomkins started doing it so I asked myself: Has any Shaman done this before?

Did it as Enhance but I belive its also doable as Elemental.

If people want I can make a guide for it, perhaps a video - might take a while though as I'm somewhat busy.
    Yea it'd be nice to have a guild kinda since all I need left for my FL achievement was "Do a barrel Roll" in which no one gets hit my the clouds in the air. Congratz on the kill

Deleted
    Guide now included for everybody to view, enjoy folks!

Nice work! Gonna give this a go later today
    Mango Frostmane-Eu

After the spriest solo'd H 25 Alys in 4.3, I gave up on attempting to solo things

I tried doing this at level 85 a few times and just couldnt pull enough damage to kill her. I'd get to about 13 mins and 15 secs and then she would stay down and i'd be screwed. I was able to 2 man it with a boomkin, mage, or warlock a few times to try to get the mount (we all have DTR already). Definitely will do it alone at 90 but haven't gotten in there yet.

Really cool guide I'm now Enhance but still got a bit of Dragonwrath to finish (130 of the Heart of Fire quest) so I'm going to try this out see if I can do it. Probably much easier to convince my guild to come for just one clear (with Raggy for the Heart itself) than convince them to do 4/5 runs through.

Deleted
    Nicely done man, good job

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done.

What addons by chance are you using for the action bars and minimap? Been looking to replace the ones I currently have.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Nicely done.

What addons by chance are you using for the action bars and minimap? Been looking to replace the ones I currently have.
    My UI mostly consists of Elvui, Bartender, DBM, Power Auras, Skada, Postal... Not much else I'm afraid except for specific classes.

I went back a day or 2 after and was able to solo this as ele. still took some time but was not too rough to complete

You probably need help with trash right?

EDIT: nvm, forgot you can use the birds to kill stuff for you lol.
    Last edited by MakeMeLaugh; 2012-10-14 at 01:46 AM.

Deleted

MY 5TH SOLO KILL!

I screamed so much when i got it :')

Is there a specific reason why you used Ancient Petrified Seed?
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Is there a specific reason why you used Ancient Petrified Seed?
    Well I DE'd most of my Cata stuff and the trinket I had at the time was the engineering one, that spawns a mechanical dragonling.

Turns out sometimes it during tornado phases while I hit the boss with Stormblast, it would spawn and hit something inside the room - aggroing stuff and causing me to wipe.

Since I had nothing else with me, I decided to purchase APS trinket (again) just for the boost, even though I didn't even make a macro for it and used it whenever I remembered to.

Just managed to solo her on my second attempt! Managed to kill her during her second air phase, I saved Lust + Ascendance for when I got the Alysra's Razor buff, and killed her from about 8m in 15 seconds. My DPS was 90.6k running Mastery > Haste.

Very useful and informative guide

Sadly no mount for me, but SOON
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post

Sadly no mount for me, but SOON
    Replace "mount" with "Thunderfury". 3 years and nothing says hello. RNG GODSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    MY 5TH SOLO KILL!

I screamed so much when i got it :')
    gratz dude, I do it as elemental but no mount so far. (3 times solo, +30 times in cata, never seen the mount)

tbh this fight is really fun when you're bored, it only takes 10-15min including trash.
    And during cata in never went up because i was the interrupt bitch on my side and we always had fire mages and spriests (maybe that's why i find it so fun)

I just soled her today and I'm wondering if its possible to hit her from outside? I'm elemental and I couldn't reach her from outside after the tornado phase, so maybe there's a safe spot or something?

Almost forgot about people soloing Aly as it was usually a Spriest/Mage/Boomy.

I'll have to give this a shot! I'm elemental though. :P

Kickass stuff though.