Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    I do wish though that they added the Jinyu for alliance and the Hozen for horde. Those two races DO join the fight in their respective sides, and were in conflict and thus had the "war" feeling the pandaren do not.
    Actuwally after reading that i would have To agree, specialy with the aftermath of Jade forest if you do the whole zone.
    It could of Progrossed with the Hozen, Maturing, learning to adapt to change, and figuring out how to fit in with new races.

The same with the Jinyi they could learn how to adapt to this new "Allaince" Hell in fugutre patches they could Add a few to stormwind to help with Vashj

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.
    Pandaren have been in Warcraft lore for at least as long as Arthas and Illidan (WCIII), and one of them was a founding member of the Horde (Chen Stormstout). They have appeared in every iteration of Warcraft; RTS (WCIII), MMO (MoP), action figures, the tabletop RPG, the TCG, Novels, comics, everything. Hell, I don't even think gnomes and trolls can claim that.

If you don't like 'em, just say you don't like 'em. That's fine. Just don't try to legitimize your opinion with baseless non-facts.
    Last edited by Urti; 2012-10-08 at 07:13 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    I understand how people don't want pandaren in wow.

I understand how people want pandaren in wow.

I understand how a product cannot satisfy both groups.
    See now that's a smart post.

This next one not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I understand that there are many people ignorant of WoW lore and that the joke this entire tantrum stems from predates Warcraft 3.

It has been over a decade! GET OVER IT!

Given the debate about it has been going on so long, it's far from over. I doubt you understand anything from the other sides perspective.

Even if blizzard spends countless hours doing all they can to make pandas an addition to WOW beyond even this expansion, there are enough people that simply won't support it. Beyond the other poor development ideas that made it to the game, this one (pandas) was teh last straw.

Like it or not that's just the way it is. Be it gnomes, taurens, wolfmen, blue goats or whatever.

The Easter egg was placed and the joke made. Hell, I bet they tried to get Jack Black to do a voice over.

When the creators of the race think of them as a joke did you really expect gamers to think any differently?

There are times when you just can't support the development of something even if it is a smaller portion than the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    SNIP...

You just need to deal with that my friend.
    I did. I stopped playing and paying.

However, that has nothing to do with me posting here since the forums are here for us all to voice our opinions.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    See now that's a smart post.

This next one not so much.

Given the debate about it has been going on so long, it's far from over. I doubt you understand anything from the other sides perspective.

Even if blizzard spends countless hours doing all they can to make pandas an addition to WOW beyond even this expansion, there are enough people that simply won't support it. Beyond the other poor development ideas that made it to the game, this one (pandas) was teh last straw.

Like it or not that's just the way it is. Be it gnomes, taurens, wolfmen, blue goats or whatever.

The Easter egg was placed and the joke made. Hell, I bet they tried to get Jack Black to do a voice over.

When the creators of the race think of them as a joke did you really expect gamers to think any differently?

There are times when you just can't support the development of something even if it is a smaller portion than the whole.
    Then don't play.

The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

We like Pandaria.

We like the Monk class.

We like this Expansion.

There's nothing you can possibly say to convince us otherwise.

You can put down these arguments because it has no use.

You have your opinion.

We have ours.

Neither side is budging.

So just drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't play.

The amount of time you're putting into debating something that we just don't care about is ridiculous.

We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

We like Pandaria.

We like the Monk class.

We like this Expansion.

You have your opinion.

We have ours.

Neither side is budging.

So just drop it.
    ^
    This.
    /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't play.

We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

We like Pandaria.

We like the Monk class.

We like this Expansion.

You have your opinion.

We have ours.

Neither side is budging.

So just drop it.
    Simply "drop" a video game argument? on the INTERNET?!?
    That's just crazy talk!!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Then don't play.

We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

We like Pandaria.

We like the Monk class.

We like this Expansion.

You have your opinion.

We have ours.

Neither side is budging.

So just drop it.
    Quote for Truth.

Then don't play.

We.
    Like.
    The.
    Pandaren.

We like Pandaria.

We like the Monk class.

We like this Expansion.

You have your opinion.

We have ours.

Neither side is budging.

So just drop it.
    Thats awesome you like it but the same fervor that you use to debate it's positives, many debates it's negatives.

Maybe in a thread that seems designed to say, "pandaren are a nice touch, but not made for warcraft" is not a place for you to spend time if you expect it to be a one sided discussion.

and as far as what predates what for a post or 2 ago.

The frozen throne came out around July 1, 2003

Blizzard massive April fools joke about them was April 1, 2005.

2 years after the optional Frozen throne campaign inside the frozen throne expansion, the optional access to an additional character was considered a joke to even blizzard.

You can still like MoP all you like, believe every word blizzard says about pandas and there development timeframe and enjoy the game but you have got to be fooling yourself if you can't see where the dislikes are coming from.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone of anything but I'm not the only one who can't drop the argument.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 07:28 PM.

<snip>
    ...Wah..

Did you even read what I said?!

...Wah..

Did you even read what I said?!
    Sure but what made you think I would do what you said?

If you or anyone else can't seem to drop it why would anyone else?

But I do understand. You are trying to say that something that has been a part of the franchise for a decade "doesn't fit" because you say so. "I don't like this so it doesn't belong." How do you not understand how stuck up and stupid that sounds?

Sure but what made you think I would do what you said?

If you or anyone else can't seem to drop it why would anyone else?
    The only reason the debate keeps being brought up and not dropped is because the few who still see the Pandaren as Childish feel compelled to make a thread about it or post and insult about it in their post.

Dude, come on. Use common sense.

This entire thread is based off one guy stating his dislike for the race and how they don't fit into the lore.

From there people who think they're Childish jump on the band wagon and use it as a grounds to reopen this debate.

Do you honestly think we want to debate this anymore? Like, seriously?

What does it accomplish?

This is a forum where debates and discussions and arguments are of course welcome but when it's the same stuff over and over again, constantly repeating, what enjoyment is there in it?

I'm leaving this at that.

The fans of the game have their side.

You guys have yours.

Making post after post trying to prove your point does nothing but add oil to a debate that should've ended months ago, and in and of itself makes no sense what-so-ever.

It does nothing now but create issues.

If you want to prove the Pandaren aren't childish, prove you can act like an adult first man.

Deleted
    Do you know why we have threads like this one? Because people talk about races like the Draenei as "blue goat people".
    Do you know why the Draenei look the way they look?

They are basically Eredar, and the Eredar look was determined in WC3 with characters like Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden?
    Why do the Eredar have goat legs? Why do they have a tail? Why do they have horns? What image comes to mind when thinking of goat legs, horns and a tail?

Right, Satan.

And why? Because they're demons. The Eredar, just like other demonic races in WoW, like the Satyr, and the Nathrezim, have characteristics directly taken from Satan. Because they're demons.
    Archimonde had a grey skin color. Kil'Jaeden had a red skin color.
    The Draenei have blue skin to distinguish themselves from the Eredar. Blue also fits the Alliance.

But people don't even see through such basic design decisions. How can you even discuss such topics?
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-10-08 at 07:42 PM.

Well then I guess we can never have ogres as a playable race since Blizzard made a joke about that too.

Nevermind the fact that the pandaren joke we were talking about was the one from before Warcraft 3...

Well then I guess we can never have ogres as a playable race since Blizzard made a joke about that too.

Nevermind the fact that the pandaren joke we were talking about was the one from before Warcraft 3...
    Can we just drop it please and let this thread die now.

Actually now that I've run a ton of heroics and been exposed to more pandarens, they make pretty cool warriors.

Ugh no

The panda joke was April 1, 2005

The expansion for the frozen throne was July 1, 2003

2 years after the frozen throne blizzard still thought of pandas as a joke.

But I do understand. You are trying to say that something that has been a part of the franchise for a decade "doesn't fit" because you say so. "I don't like this so it doesn't belong." How do you not understand how stuck up and stupid that sounds?

Not quite entirely true.

I'm saying, when a developer creates something as an option campaign in an expansion and the character itself is also optional to obtain and not needed for completion, it's a good bet to think most have no clue about it or only do cause someone told them.

Sure you can argue it's in the lore cause it had one massively obscure reference but it only had any popularity cause years later it produced the silliest and most monumentally comical April Fools joke to date. From that point on it would never be seen as lore to write home about but a simply throwback to pay homage to some guys drawing talent.

It's not hard to see why people believe this race to be far below the rest of the lore. Not worthy of being supported by those with the same view. Might as well be rat men from goldshire and their expansion for taking back their candles. As many quests as we do with them they have more lore.

If you like it, good for you but like Destil said, you're not going to convince those that dislike it to suddenly like it.

I'm starting to think these posts keep cropping up cause some gamers are still just dumbfounded this was the direction blizzard went with game design.

EDIT: Well not quite 2 years...
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Ugh no

The panda joke was April 1, 2005

The expansion for the frozen throne was July 1, 2003

2 years after the frozen throne blizzard still thought of pandas as a joke.

Not quite entirely true.

I'm saying, when a developer creates something as an option campaign in an expansion and the character itself is also optional to obtain and not needed for completion, it's a good bet to think most have no clue about it or only do cause someone told them.

Sure you can argue it's in the lore cause it had one massively obscure reference but it only had any popularity cause years later it produced the silliest and most monumentally comical April Fools joke to date. From that point one it would never be scene as lore to write home about but a simply throwback to pay homage to some guys drawing talent.

It's not hard to see why people believe this race to be far below the rest of the lore. Not worthy of being supported by those with the same view. Might as well be rat men from goldshire. As many quests as we do with them they have more lore.

If you like it, good for you but like Destil said, you're not going to convince those that dislike it to suddenly like it.
    And you're not gonna convince those who like it to suddenly not like it.

It's true that the Pandaren didn't play a big role in TFT. But the developers created lore beyond that one appearance and for people interested in lore the Pandaren were always on the table.

Ugh, yes. Pandaren were first revealed as the last playable race I Warcraft 3. This was a joke, it really turned out to be undead.

And it really is hilarious how you're trying to make an entire campaign in one of the most popular strategy games of all time sound like an obscurity. Oh, doubly hilarious for you ignoring that they show up on other maps too, including a large number of multi player maps.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Pandaren ARE made for Warcraft. Go play WC3. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play WoW. If you don't like where it's going, stop playing. End of discussion.