Deleted

Guild Wars 2 crafting sytem for WoW?

i would love to see some of the Guildwars 2 craftsystem ideas in Azeroth.

for example :

- Increased Speed of crafting whenever u have to craft alot of the same type.

- some bonus experience for Leveling Professions( not only for farm professions)

- and most of all, the craft stash with the option to send all ur crafting mats to your bank from whereever u are

/discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive brought up the speed of crafting in vent with guild mates and they think it would be cool. None of us feel it is necessary though. We've all goten used to the slow process of crafting a lot of stuff at once. Being able to craft 1000 Agi pots in 30 seconds would be nice though.

Playing since '04

i do agree with the speed of crafting the same item over and over. And the craft time of some things in WoW is just stupidly long. Why do i have to sit their for 5 sec crafting some item? why does it take that long when other items were like 1 sec or less. But w.e i agree increase in crafting speed on multiple of the same item.

I also think crafting items should give XP while they are still relevant to you in terms of greys give 0xp oranges give alot more. But youll prolly run into prolems with ppl unlearning profs on alts then leveling them up again just to level their toon which doesnt happen on GW2 since u keep ur crafting level when you switch.

As for the crafting stash? This is a hard one. Since in GW2 u can farm anything and theirs so much crafting mats and such a small ammount of bankspace they had to give you a seperate bank just for crafting mats. In WoW altho crafters do horde mats its not like they horde all the profs mats unless they are storing stuff on alts or guild bank alts. So i dont see a need to have a crafting stash in WoW or even a button to send all your mats to your bank.

Now that being said they could put in a system where if you have a Herb bag or Enchant bag in your bank you could send all your mats to it from your own bags. I could see them doing that.

One thing i do like about GW2 crafting is that you can now (you couldnt on launch) craft with mats in your bank without having to pull them out. Which is nice imo.

So yea theres some things WoW could use in its next expansion in terms of making it easier for crafters to store mats and craft, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    Ive brought up the speed of crafting in vent with guild mates and they think it would be cool. None of us feel it is necessary though. We've all goten used to the slow process of crafting a lot of stuff at once. Being able to craft 1000 Agi pots in 30 seconds would be nice though.
    Ah thats right. I was trying to think of an example for which a high level would even craft in bulk but couldnt. Your right crafting speed pots and stuff would be convenient.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-10-08 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speeding up mass crafting would be nice.

Can't say I enjoyed the discovery system in GW2, it felt way too gimmicky.

Getting exp for crafting would be cool. Don't care for the sending mats to bank option unless they put in a similar crafting materials bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a huge mat bank. I really loved that in GW2. Overall, I thought GW2's crafting system was pretty weak--not that WoW's is a shining example of crafting--but there definitely are ideas that could be brought over to make things way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Can't say I enjoyed the discovery system in GW2, it felt way too gimmicky.
    Yea we know thats not going to work in WoW. There were so many mats and they way they stat their items in GW2 the discovery system worked with it.

Tho now that i think about it. Wouldnt it be cool to add the stats you want to an item?

10+ Year Old Account
    The sped up crafting in GW2 is annoying sometimes, though. Unless you know exactly how many skillups you're going to get, it's easier to just set things to Create All and then stop it when you reach the skill level you're after. In GW2 it's very easy to miss that because it's so fast.

The mat storage would be really nice though.

I feel the opposite. I'd like to see crafting become more interactive. Not less.

And by "more interactive", I mean that I'd like to see crafting turn kind of into a mini game with progression. You gain levels by actually getting better. Not just by buying mats and hitting the craft button.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I feel the opposite. I'd like to see crafting become more interactive. Not less.

And by "more interactive", I mean that I'd like to see crafting turn kind of into a mini game with progression. You gain levels by actually getting better. Not just by buying mats and hitting the craft button.
    Thats sort of what the mystic forge is in GW2. I do see a prob with your mini game in that you could lose valuable mats if you make an error in the game and not get the item your trying to make. That would piss ppl off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Thats sort of what the mystic forge is in GW2. I do see a prob with your mini game in that you could lose valuable mats if you make an error in the game and not get the item your trying to make. That would piss ppl off.
    Nah - I would design a system to be less reliant on mats, and more reliant on skill. Plus, if you fail, that does not mean that the mat has to be consumed. Many options to try and "not" piss people off

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Nah - I would design a system to be less reliant on mats, and more reliant on skill. Plus, if you fail, that does not mean that the mat has to be consumed. Many options to try and "not" piss people off
    your also gonna have the crowd that doesnt want to be bothered with playing a mini game just to making an item.

Question. Is the mini game only for discovering new recipies or is it for crafting each item im making? If its for new recipes ppl will still not like sitting around trying to make new recipes. You know the same ppl that hate fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    your also gonna have the crowd that doesnt want to be bothered with playing a mini game just to making an item.

Question. Is the mini game only for discovering new recipies or is it for crafting each item im making? If its for new recipes ppl will still not like sitting around trying to make new recipes. You know the same ppl that hate fishing.
    Well, if they don't want to be bothered with doing anything, they don't have to craft. If Blizz removed the crafting bonuses, it would no longer feel necessary for raiding. This way, it could actually be only for people who want to make stuff to sell, use, or give away.

And I'd like to see an interactive system for both discoveries and crafting actual stuff. Make crafting actually engaging instead of the current "hit a button and snooze" design.

EDIT - oh, and the entire system overhaul would include getting rid of the levels. Make it more like progression, where you need to complete one thing to get to the next. There should not be "grinding".