Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    The question is why TotH sims like 3000dps more then Dire Beast for me using FD (Surv. ilvl473 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Iskren/simple)
    I think someone in this tread said those "FREE"arcane shots are not so free and Cobra shots hits close to what Arcane shot dmg does ...but this is BS because arcane hit so much harder and faster(1 gcd vs ~1.8sec CS).
    Also Lynx Rush seams to be the best dps option (by a lot) ...i am confused .
    Sims say that dire beast is better dps than TOTH. Sims also say that hunter is the botom of the damage especialy in static patchwerk fights. But we know that no fight is static single target in nature and we sure as hell aren't bottom dps so...

I notice a trend here...

TOTH is amazing in mobility. Also amazing in therms of droping cobra shots wich are the lowest DPE on our arsenal. Also, i realy don't need another cooldown, so i'm picking TOTH anyday.

Deleted
    We should be happy that we actually have buttons to press. I dont wanna turn into a rogue that has been smashing the same buttons since Vanilla

This time round, I'm ignoring all advice. EJ? Not even looked at it. I'll be swapping between SV and BM depending on fight and raid comp.

The days where you could make an obviously broken and retarded spec are pretty much over. Yes, there are going to be choices that are theoretically better than others. Top players will be able to show that those choices are better for them. However, not everyone is a top player, and what's good for them might be a poor choice if you're having enough of a job just keeping out the fire and trying not to derp.

If you feel you've got too many buttons to press, go for choices with longer cooldowns or even managed entirely by procs. Go with what feels good, and change it later if you want. If something is annoying you, tweak the spec to see if it works better for you. It's far better to use the buttons you have competently, than to use more buttons badly.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i dropped direbeast for Thrill of the Hunt

it worked better for me with the keybinds i was used too and the already extra ones i had.
    though i must admit that at some points i need too remind myself too cast a cobra shot cause else serpent sting falls of between all the free shots im able too shoot
    TOTH is about the only way I feel like I ever have enough focus for regularly using KC.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like BM's rotation is incredibly fluid, while SV is clunky with the addition of GT, DB, and MoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I feel like BM's rotation is incredibly fluid, while SV is clunky with the addition of GT, DB, and MoC.

BM just doesn't feel like it's putting the same numbers out right now... the rotation feels clunky to me. Survival is fluid for me (lynx, toth saves that clunkiness)

Deleted
    I think TotH adds clunkieness and MoC. So on a normal boss fight I use lynx and dire beast.

Quote Originally Posted by psychomatze View Post
    hmm what about replacing dire beast with thrill of the hunt, if you don´t like to press so many buttons.
    Yep and then it becomes even harder not to focus cap.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-10-08 at 09:34 PM.

I don't think DB is particularly useful in MSV, which requires a lot (a lot) of movement, except maybe on Feng and Will. Maybe. The benefit of having free ASs to fire on the move is...well, amazing. And potentially you can pool your focus high enough pre-movement that it's not a huge benefit to use TotH over DB, but there's enough unexpected movement (at least in 10 man) to warrant it: moving for pools, mines on Stone Guards, moving to grab a totem as backup when someone gets dolled (you can obviously plan for your own totems), moving on spirit kings which is pretty constant actually, and moving on Elegon which reminds me of the old stutter stepping in the whole set/reset of the debuff thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I feel the opposite. Survival with DB/Lynx Rush has a similar flow as it did in Cata. It's different since Expl Shot has a lower cost but it's similar. BM just feels extremely clunky, cooldown reliant, tunnel vision-y (made that phrase up!), and has far too many hills and troughs in it's rotation to remain consistent. Looking at parses you see a BM hunter at 170k DPS, and then immediately afterwards dip to 45k, then back to 80k at the next BW, then back down to 50k, then back up to 75k, etc... It's unreliable burst. Survival is fairly consistent, hitting bumps with LnL and Lynx Rush for burst but otherwise remaining pretty constant.

I tried playing BM last night to push 1 fewer add on P1 Elegon and it just felt so clunky and weird after playing Survival the rest of the week. I definitely know which spec I'll be playing for the foreseeable future.

BM is a spamfest, SV is intelligent playstyle dependant. I enjoy SV way way way much more than BM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Sims say that dire beast is better dps than TOTH. Sims also say that hunter is the botom of the damage especialy in static patchwerk fights. But we know that no fight is static single target in nature and we sure as hell aren't bottom dps so...

I notice a trend here...

TOTH is amazing in mobility. Also amazing in therms of droping cobra shots wich are the lowest DPE on our arsenal. Also, i realy don't need another cooldown, so i'm picking TOTH anyday.
    I've noticed the hunters in my raid who pick TotH do considerably less damage than me.

Honestly at this stage I'm a tad scared to change my spec at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I've noticed the hunters in my raid who pick TotH do considerably less damage than me.

Honestly at this stage I'm a tad scared to change my spec at all.
    RNG and skill might also have something too do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    RNG and skill might also have something too do with that?
    Skill maybe, but all I really do is push my buttons and stay out of fire. Haven't done anything super tricksy on a fight yet (I even hit LnLs during epicenters >.<). Rng, not so much, if the difference is consistent. One of the hunters started doing similar dps to me when he switched to DB.

I think it's more of a rotation issue. You may feel the need to hit that free arcane shot when other, normally higher priority shots are off CD, because it's been up for too long. Along the same lines, not using your procs is a loss of dps. DB, for all its pet AI failings, actually involves a lot less interaction with the ability. You know you're getting all you can out of it as long as your target isn't running and you hit it once every 30 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Skill maybe, but all I really do is push my buttons and stay out of fire. Haven't done anything super tricksy on a fight yet (I even hit LnLs during epicenters >.<). Rng, not so much, if the difference is consistent. One of the hunters started doing similar dps to me when he switched to DB.

I think it's more of a rotation issue. You may feel the need to hit that free arcane shot when other, normally higher priority shots are off CD, because it's been up for too long. Along the same lines, not using your procs is a loss of dps. DB, for all its pet AI failings, actually involves a lot less interaction with the ability. You know you're getting all you can out of it as long as your target isn't running and you hit it once every 30 seconds.
    Yeah I can see that.
    Personally, unless its a fight with a lot of switching... so like... Feng I use DB and it just feels smoother with the focus regen and you can plan ahead a lot better compared to TotH.

But on almost all fight TotH will be better due to target switching and such, and it adds a somewhat-okay-ish cleave for Stone dogs.

Btw, I haven't tested this in-game, but does setting your pet to passively attack a target force the same behavior on the Dire Beast? I usually find it assisting me.

I know it'd take like 5 minutes to figure out but I'm at work atm and it just occurred to me >.>

Deleted
    Also why are archers/rangers/hunters in all MMOs having a shitload of keys ?!? Seriously, who the hell decides "this class should be faceroll", "this class should have a lot keys", "now and forever. amin."

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    . Dire Beast should be a proc or something, because as of right now, it's just a pain to cast it every 30 seconds.
    It is a proc.

/cast arcane shot
    /cast dire beast

Use that macro and remove DB from your action bar. Unless, of course, you're a super min-max freak and using this macro constitutes a drop in damage by 0.0000005%.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-10-09 at 09:25 AM.

Agreed with this. BM is horrible atm.